Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Not if they trade a Wr for a second round pick, sign Allen Lazard, and Rodgers stays in GB next year.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Not if they trade a Wr for a second round pick, sign Allen Lazard, and Rodgers stays in GB next year.
    The narrative that Rodgers wants to leave because of one draft pick is silly. Most likely the writing has been in the wall since before the pick
    Either that or Rodgers is just a little bitch.

Careful there, PFnMD. people are gonna accuse you of being me with a different screen name. Keep up the good work. Good sense is in pretty short supply in here.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The contract extension he signed following two MVP seasons indicates the issue is this past season. Seems like Loves
    development and a down year for him caused a problem with his plans for the future.

The contract extension he signed following two MVP seasons indicates the issue is this past season. Seems like Loves
    development and a down year for him caused a problem with his plans for the future.
    If Love was pushing him for playing time, then holy crap was it a needed and good pick. If not, Rodgers intending to retire 90% or play for the Jets still seems to provide justification for the pick.

I don’t think he was pushing for planning time. More so he got better and Rodgers had his worst season. A lot of that is losing MVS and Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I think a second this year and a conditional 3rd that could turn into a 2nd next year. I don’t see a first in our future at all. He’s a 40 year old, declining, entitled prick with a horrible contract.
    KC payed a 2nd for alex smith and then drafted his replacement. If a short term alex smith is worth a 2, then the 2 of last 3 MVPs is worth a first. If I'm gutes I tell them to pound sand, we'll keep him if they don't want to ship the 13 overall pick.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Rodgers would have played another 3 years if they didn’t draft Love. He only wants out because of how drafting Love changes his situation with the team. I think they should have drafted a WR instead. Love might be good, but I personally don’t think it was worth wasting a pick on a Qb when your hall of famer still has 5+ years left and hasn’t hinted at retirement.
    You talked to Rodgers and he told you that? I mean, I guess you could believe that a guy would cut his career 3 years short because a team drafted a guy, but that seems far fetched to me.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I don’t think he was pushing for planning time. More so he got better and Rodgers had his worst season. A lot of that is losing MVS and Adams.
    I don't understand your point. Why does Rodgers care about Love several years after he was drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You talked to Rodgers and he told you that? I mean, I guess you could believe that a guy would cut his career 3 years short because a team drafted a guy, but that seems far fetched to me.
    No I didn’t, but he talked to the media and said that. After the 2016 season he stated he’s “on the back nine of his career.” That would be about another 3 seasons. He’s also talked numerous
    times about playing into his 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    KC payed a 2nd for alex smith and then drafted his replacement. If a short term alex smith is worth a 2, then the 2 of last 3 MVPs is worth a first. If I'm gutes I tell them to pound sand, we'll keep him if they don't want to ship the 13 overall pick.
    Except Alex Smith wasn't 39 years old with a $60M contract and talking about retiring each year.
    If there is a precedent for this trade, what would it be? Favre to the Jets? I'm not sure it's Joe Montana to KC? It's not the Alex Smith or Matt Stafford trades, and it's not Russell Wilson.

I want them to get -- in Gute's words -- "premium picks", but if you're trading a veteran player you're also trading the contract.

I can see the comparisons to Favre. I think timing is an important difference. Favre said he wanted to come back in June, after the draft and free agency. The Packers had already moved on in terms of roster and strategy. That's not the case this time. Sure, it would be awkward if the Jets trade falls through, but they have the cap room and they have time to plan for Rodgers on the roster or even another trade partner.

So the fact that Love began to improve and develop "caused a problem with [Rodgers's] plans for the future" so he decided he wasn't wanted and it was time for everyone to move on?

By that reasoning, every starter who gets competition from an up-and-coming player will want out.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Maybe…

Not every player…but he wants out so why isn’t possible for him?

Blog Entries
    Reports are it's close

2nd this year, and a 2nd next year that could turn into a 1st based on how they do. And Jets want a kickback if Karen doesn't play next year. Many feel the Jets are using that kickback to leverage just making this 2 second round picks.

Why don't we ask a bit more and just give the Jets both 3rd round picks. Gutebag has drafted all JAG's and crap in round 3 anyways since he's arrived
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    No I didn’t, but he talked to the media and said that. After the 2016 season he stated he’s “on the back nine of his career.” That would be about another 3 seasons. He’s also talked numerous
    times about playing into his 40s.
    In golf the Back 9 is as long as the Front 9. So who knows what he really means timewise with that quote.

Depends if he thinks he is on the 10th tee or holing out the putt on 16 green.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

rodgers was showing signs of decline in the 2 or 3 years before we drafted love (one year was the collarbone year), but his completion % and TDs were down in both those years

then we draft love, and he finds something to get motivated about (cause winning super bowls obviously doesn't do it for him), and he has 2 huge years to "prove" to the packers how wrong they were.

imo, he should be kissing gutey and loves beanbags. they are responsible for the last 2 MVPs that karen is so worried about. if it wasn't for that "motivation", rodgers career might how just faded out a year or 2 ago

Maybe…

It's certainly a possible explanation, but it's not the only explanation. I'd go a step further and say it seems pretty unlikely that Love was the only or primary reason he intends to play for the Jets.

Maybe…

We’ll, it seems more than possible. You’re right there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    rodgers was showing signs of decline in the 2 or 3 years before we drafted love (one year was the collarbone year), but his completion % and TDs were down in both those years

then we draft love, and he finds something to get motivated about (cause winning super bowls obviously doesn't do it for him), and he has 2 huge years to "prove" to the packers how wrong they were.

imo, he should be kissing gutey and loves beanbags. they are responsible for the last 2 MVPs that karen is so worried about. if it wasn't for that "motivation", rodgers career might how just faded out a year or 2 ago
    This is spot on and why I, for one, was good with them drafting a QB when they did.