Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

I feel like the Packers are in no mood to rush this. It is clear that the Jets will not give up the #1 this year, so there is virtually no reason for Green Bay to seek a rapid conclusion to this deal. The longer this goes, the more leverage Green Bay will have. The Jets appear to have no plan B other than throwing Z Wilson back out under center, and that would go over like a lead balloon in the NY media market. The Jets simply have to land Rodgers at this point, and while they don’t need him until August, the pressure will only mount on the Jets as more time passes.

I think the sides are fairly close on a deal, but nothing will spur it to completion at this point unless one side gives a little. I’m not thinking that will happen until well after the draft at this point.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    rodgers was showing signs of decline in the 2 or 3 years before we drafted love (one year was the collarbone year), but his completion % and TDs were down in both those years

then we draft love, and he finds something to get motivated about (cause winning super bowls obviously doesn't do it for him), and he has 2 huge years to "prove" to the packers how wrong they were.

imo, he should be kissing gutey and loves beanbags. they are responsible for the last 2 MVPs that karen is so worried about. if it wasn't for that "motivation", rodgers career might how just faded out a year or 2 ago
    True. He stopped giving a shit. Then he gave a shit again. He gave a very spiteful aggressive shit that propelled him to two MVPs. He’s such a little cunt.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    True. He stopped giving a shit. Then he gave a shit again. He gave a very spiteful aggressive shit that propelled him to two MVPs. He’s such a little cunt.
    Thats called being a normal human being. I would speculate that every one of us has been a spiteful little cunt at times when we have felt disrespected.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I'd prefer to think of myself as a spiteful big dick.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wendell Ferreira
    @wendellfp

On his podcast, @CharlesRobinson reports the #Jets have already offered the #Packers two 2nds (2023 and 2024), and the 24 pick could graduate to a 1st.

But the NYJ wants a giveback if Rodgers doesn't play in 24, and GB wants a 24 1st without escalators.
    If this is true, I think they're almost there.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Rodgers just waiting for the trade to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If this is true, I think they're almost there.
    I know people have to compromise to get things done, but I hope the Packers don't agree to any "give back" picks, if only because as a Packer fan I don't want to be part of the annual Rodgers "will he or won't he" drama again next offseason even after he's not a Packer any more.

The San Fran rumors seem to me to be just that. Or maybe a leak from the Packer org to put some public pressure on the Jest.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I know people have to compromise to get things done, but I hope the Packers don't agree to any "give back" picks, if only because as a Packer fan I don't want to be part of the annual Rodgers "will he or won't he" drama again next offseason even after he's not a Packer any more.

The San Fran rumors seem to me to be just that. Or maybe a leak from the Packer org to put some public pressure on the Jest.
    If the give back is a Packers 3rd round pick, I think most Packer fans could get behind that.

If the give back is a Packers 3rd round pick, I think most Packer fans could get behind that.
    If there has to be a give back, it should be a 5th. But then again, if the JETS want Rodgers so badly, why should the Packers give back a comp.

I guess the Jets don't put much value in SuperbOwls ?

On the one hand, I can understand the Jets not wanting to give up pick next year (supposedly a second- or first-rounder, depending on how far the Jets go) without getting something back if the guy is not playing next year. On the other hand, they don't want to give up that first rounder this year because they want to surround Rodgers with talent.

I am usually pretty flexible in negotiations, but this "give back" thing would piss me off if I were Guter. The Jets know what they're getting with Rodgers - with the talent comes the yearly "let me take stock and see if I want to play next season" stuff. I'm not necessarily blaming Rodgers - it's a big decision. But it's part of the deal, and the Jets know that. So I would not want the deal contingent upon that offseason drama, and I wouldn't give up a future pick when you're trying to build for the future. That doesn't make sense.

Now if the Jets want a Packer third round pick, or all their third-round picks so long as the Ted Thompson GM Tree is in charge of the Packers, in exchange for another second rounder, or two fourths, or something, sure.

KYPack

Mike Garafolo
    @MikeGarafolo

The #Jets are signing veteran QB Tim Boyle to a one-year deal, source says. He reunites with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, who was his OC with the #Packers.

And that means someday between now and the end of time, he’ll reunite with this guy, too…

All the Jets have to do now is sign Lewis and Cobb, and Rodgers has most of his gang back together.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Jake kumerow aka whitewater Jesus would be a huge get as well . Karen sucks as a gm. Looks like gb has fired him from that position and he’s wormed his way into the jets gm position
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It sure would be funny if the Jets did all this, and then the damn trade fell apart. Even funnier would be if Rodgers then came back to the Packers and had a great season - after all the damned haters got exposed for their despicable selves. That's still highly unlikely, although every day that goes by with no trade happening maybe increases the chances just slightly. But no, doom and gloom is on the way this coming season and beyond.

At least Bretsky and I have Badger football to hope for, not to mention the Bucks and maybe even decency from the Brewers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It sure would be funny if the Jets did all this, and then the damn trade fell apart. Even funnier would be if Rodgers then came back to the Packers and had a great season - after all the damned haters got exposed for their despicable selves. That's still highly unlikely, although every day that goes by with no trade happening maybe increases the chances just slightly. But no, doom and gloom is on the way this coming season and beyond.

At least Bretsky and I have Badger football to hope for, not to mention the Bucks and maybe even decency from the Brewers.

KYPack

Jets Wall Of Honor

Wendell Ferreira
    @wendellfp

And this is kind of shocking: Robinson reports the parties had the parameters of a deal in place. But after Rodgers said the "90% retired" thing, Woody Johnson got scared to spend high draft capital on him. That would explain why the #Packers don't want to take less.
    The fallout would be epic if the Jets not only did not get Rodgers, but if the Patriots, who have tormented them for 20 years, did.

We can only hope hahahahaha. Each day without a trade, the slim glimmer of hope gets slightly brighter, but odds are still huge that Rodgers will be gone and with him all hope for winning seasons anytime soon.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I don't think the Packers should make the Jets' problem next offseason (will he come back and play? Geez, we can't plan anything until we know) their problem next offseason with any give-back picks.

KYPack

The fallout would be epic if the Jets not only did not get Rodgers, but if the Patriots, who have tormented them for 20 years, did.
    yup, fuck the jets then and fuck rodgers for saying that

if we aren't getting a first this year for him, i say just pay him and tell him to stay home while collecting his paycheck

screw him and the jets