Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yup, fuck the jets then and fuck rodgers for saying that

if we aren't getting a first this year for him, i say just pay him and tell him to stay home while collecting his paycheck

screw him and the jets
    If they wanted to stick it to him, they'd force him to show up every day for conditioning work.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    If they wanted to stick it to him, they'd force him to show up every day for conditioning work.
    Works both ways, though. What if he comes in, and he looks fabulous? What if he says he wants to come into camp and compete for a job?

Even if you tell him to stay home (can you do that?), how would that look the minute Love throws his first dumb interception?

Both sides need to get this done. Either before the draft of before camp.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Works both ways, though. What if he comes in, and he looks fabulous? What if he says he wants to come into camp and compete for a job?

Even if you tell him to stay home (can you do that?), how would that look the minute Love throws his first dumb interception?

Both sides need to get this done. Either before the draft of before camp.
    It's an incredibly stupid idea. I was just doing a thought exercise. Rodgers would probably prefer to stay home attending darkness retreats over having to report for conditioning every day without any chance of playing.

A tiny tiny bit of good sense seems to be oozing back to ya'all hahahaha - what if ..... What if the deal falls through?

The vile east coast (?) media bastards seem to be getting a little more desperate by the day, trying to do their part to make this shit happen and happen in the Jets favor. It seems like the Packers might at least be holding out for a decent haul.

Does anybody seriously think that Rodgers couldn't or wouldn't easily be convinced to come back and play for the Packers? Does anybody seriously think LaFleur and Gutekunst wouldn't be damn glad to do that convincing if the dust settles and the trade falls through? Maybe they're just going through the motions - does that occur to anybody? Maybe Rodgers was just fucking with the God damned media, even the Packer brass when he said what he said.

Naw, at this point, even I don't believe there's any significant hope for my last two sentences. But don't rule it out, though. Like one of ya'all said a couple days ago, maybe this all ends with Love going to the Jets for a second rounder instead of Rodgers. That sounds great, but I'm not holding my breath hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    A tiny tiny bit of good sense seems to be oozing back to ya'all hahahaha - what if ..... What if the deal falls through?

The vile east coast (?) media bastards seem to be getting a little more desperate by the day, trying to do their part to make this shit happen and happen in the Jets favor. It seems like the Packers might at least be holding out for a decent haul.

Does anybody seriously think that Rodgers couldn't or wouldn't easily be convinced to come back and play for the Packers? Does anybody seriously think LaFleur and Gutekunst wouldn't be damn glad to do that convincing if the dust settles and the trade falls through? Maybe they're just going through the motions - does that occur to anybody? Maybe Rodgers was just fucking with the God damned media, even the Packer brass when he said what he said.

Naw, at this point, even I don't believe there's any significant hope for my last two sentences. But don't rule it out, though. Like one of ya'all said a couple days ago, maybe this all ends with Love going to the Jets for a second rounder instead of Rodgers. That sounds great, but I'm not holding my breath hahahaha.
    fuck off and die already

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    fuck off and die already
    Now, Tex has been guilty of telling other posters to “eat shit and die,” but your constant complaining makes you sound a lot like a “Karen.”

The Karen-proof proof phrase is: “Suck a dildo and go fuck yourself (as in, go masturbate).”
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I expect to outlive all of these anti-Packer imbeciles who actually WANT to see Rodgers gone with the certainty of long term losing football that brings.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I expect to outlive all of these anti-Packer imbeciles who actually WANT to see Rodgers gone with the certainty of long term losing football that brings.
    We all survived the certainty that neither Rodgers nor the Packers would seriously consider a trade. We can survive this certainty too.

He’d retire before coming back, Tex.

I hope it’s on draft night or after June 1st.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    He’d retire before coming back, Tex.

I hope it’s on draft night or after June 1st.

I don't buy into the views that he'd ever leave the money behind
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I guess we'll find out eventually hahahaha. Sadly, I put it at 70/30 still that Rodgers goes to the Jets or some other trade. On the 30 he doesn't, I'd say about 95% that he stays a Packer and 5% that he retires. Bad as that is, it's better than it seemed a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    He’s a principled guy. I really don’t see him back as a packer except a one day contract to retire as one in a couple years. He’ll be a Jet.

He did say he was 90% ready to retire.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    He did say he was 90% ready to retire.
    maybe he's dam smart and said it to sabatabge with GB would get for him ? hmmmmm
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

maybe he's dam smart and said it to sabatabge with GB would get for him ? hmmmmm
    Maybe. All he had to do was tell the Jets he wanted them to push for less or he wasn't going there.

I suspect he just said it without realizing the consequences.

I don't think so, Sharpe. Rodgers understands that every single thing he says is going to be parsed, and he's not a dumb guy. I think Bretsky's right here. It does help Rodgers if the Jets can keep all their picks in this upcoming draft.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

yeah, and the one after that and the one after that, etc. etc. etc. - meaning no trade hahahaha.

I don't think so, Sharpe. Rodgers understands that every single thing he says is going to be parsed, and he's not a dumb guy. I think Bretsky's right here. It does help Rodgers if the Jets can keep all their picks in this upcoming draft.
    I doubt it. Nobody thought twice about his statement in terms of what the Jets might do in negotiations until much later. Is it possible? Sure. Unlikely? Yes.

Blog Entries
    OK I'm GOING TO SAY IT.

Rodgers is absolutely trying to Sabotage what Green Bay gets for him. He detests Gutebag and will take any steps he can to screw Gutebag and help the Jets.

Blog Entries
    I've been asked multiple times in RL why Rodgers doesn't just come out and say he wants to play for the Jets and play 2 more years or more. I believe he does.

But he's not ever going to say that publicly, whether it's true or not. Rodgers wants to stick it to us