Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I must be a really horrible person like some tend to say hahahahahaha. The long-expected disaster finally happened on my birthday of all times.

Oh well, it does seem like Gutekunst held out and got a fairly decent haul - the slight trade-up plus a second this year and at least a second, probably a first next year. As bad as this is IMO in general, it could have been worse in terms of return in the trade.

I guess all that remains for me is to do my best to get psyched up for next season and hope for the best. Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets. The Packers do have a heluuva lot around him - just a year ago, it was generally expected that the Packers were the best team in the NFL or damn close to it. Other than Love instead of Rodgers, they still are that (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?)

I told my grandson to include me in on splitting the Sunday Ticket cost anyway. We'll see what happens.
    Happy Birthday Tex!!
    You shovel out, and take a whole lotta hooey here but good to have you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Now I am rooting mightily for the Jets' offensive line to offer superb pass protection, and I am praying that Rodgers plays terribly. Nothing against him, but I'd like that second next year to become a first, and the higher the better.

Nothing against Rodgers. But I AM a Packer fan, not an Aaron Rodgers fan.
    Rodgers would likely have to miss at least 5 games to not get 65% of the snaps. As long as he doesn't break another collarbone, I think we're in good shape.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Well besides the flipping of first round picks, its pretty much the deal I had in my head. I figured next year there would be some sort of escalator of some sort based on Rodgers and or team production, the 65% of all snaps is actually pretty favorable to the Packers. I don't really trust Gute drafting abilities so I would hope they use the 13th pick to lure some team that want Levis or another QB that dropped to move back in the draft and acquire more picks.
    Agree. I think Gute stays put until he sees who falls out of the top 10 or when the runs at certain positions begin, and either picks an OT or deals down. 13 feels like a better spot than 15 to have for trades. Getting the R2 pick is nice also -- so they have 42 and 45. I wonder if they keep both or use them to trade up like last year (kinda hope they keep them).

Glad the saga is finally over. The return looks decent, especially considering the Packers aren't picking up any of the $60M.

Here's a thought, the Packers could take WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 13, and trade both seconds to get back into the first to take TE Michael Mayer. Love would then have two first round pass catchers, when Rodgers had none drafted by the Packers.

Now we will all see what the MLF system is like and how well the coaching staff can teach it.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Andrew Brandt
    @AndrewBrandt

So let me get this straight: the Packers get
    A first-round pick swap in 2023
    A high second-round pick in 2023
    A likely first-round pick in 2024 (at worst a second)
    A $60 million financial obligation taken off their hands
    For
    A player that was never going to play for them again.

^ And there was much rejoicing.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Needless to say I am smiling ear to ear. I dont give a fuck what they got but Gute actually did very well. He not only cut out the team bacteria but has it set up so My Man Love to get some nice toys. I hope he drafts a 1st rd WR just to shit on erron one last time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers would likely have to miss at least 5 games to not get 65% of the snaps. As long as he doesn't break another collarbone, I think we're in good shape.
    STFU!!! Jinxing pendejo!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I must be a really horrible person like some tend to say hahahahahaha. The long-expected disaster finally happened on my birthday of all times.

Oh well, it does seem like Gutekunst held out and got a fairly decent haul - the slight trade-up plus a second this year and at least a second, probably a first next year. As bad as this is IMO in general, it could have been worse in terms of return in the trade.

I guess all that remains for me is to do my best to get psyched up for next season and hope for the best. Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets. The Packers do have a heluuva lot around him - just a year ago, it was generally expected that the Packers were the best team in the NFL or damn close to it. Other than Love instead of Rodgers, they still are that (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?)

I told my grandson to include me in on splitting the Sunday Ticket cost anyway. We'll see what happens.
    Sounds like a gift you didnt want but will end up LOVING!!! Happy birthday man!!

Im thinking about getting Sunday Ticket now also! Been about a decade without.

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Glad the saga is finally over. The return looks decent, especially considering the Packers aren't picking up any of the $60M.

Here's a thought, the Packers could take WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 13, and trade both seconds to get back into the first to take TE Michael Mayer. Love would then have two first round pass catchers, when Rodgers had none drafted by the Packers.

Now we will all see what the MLF system is like and how well the coaching staff can teach it.
    Agree. I am very excited for this season. Feeling like Packers are going to surprise.

Great post up there, Bretsky. I laughed out loud, for real. Mad’s posts good too - I laughed when he said the Packers should draft a wide receiver at #13 just to get one last shot in on erron.

But in answer to the thread title question, at least the answer didn’t turn out to be “jobbed.”
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    not too excited about the swap, but whatever

FYI, that swap from 15 to 13 is worth about a high 4th round pick
    I think the value depends on if a QB slips to 13. But bottom line, if a team is coveting a guy, more likely he slips to 13 than 15 which makes a trade down more likely. Also will cost less to move to 11 if someone we covet slips. So depending, 13 could be same value as 15, or much more.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Now I am rooting mightily for the Jets' offensive line to offer superb pass protection, and I am praying that Rodgers plays terribly. Nothing against him, but I'd like that second next year to become a first, and the higher the better.

Nothing against Rodgers. But I AM a Packer fan, not an Aaron Rodgers fan.
    But not bad enough to tempt them to bench him by week 9!!

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree. I think Gute stays put until he sees who falls out of the top 10 or when the runs at certain positions begin, and either picks an OT or deals down. 13 feels like a better spot than 15 to have for trades. Getting the R2 pick is nice also -- so they have 42 and 45. I wonder if they keep both or use them to trade up like last year (kinda hope they keep them).
    Keep them and take the 2 best TE available.

People can say what they want, but Rodgers enabled the Packers to move on from Brett Favre without missing a beat. A very tough feat. And I suspect his post-Packers career will have a better legacy than his predecessor's.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    He not only cut out the team bacteria but has it set up so My Man Love to get some nice toys.
    I thought you were saying they dumped bakhtiari

I hope they do

I am gobsmacked that packers got so much in the deal.

I'm quite cool with a house landing on the wicked witch, but then again I'll be following the Jets and won't mind if he has a great season becuz I identify with old ppl given up for dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But not bad enough to tempt them to bench him by week 9!!
    Ideal situation is that the Jets get to 7-7 to stay in playoff contention with Rodgers playing all the games. Then they lose out to finish 7-10, but get the lucky draw for a top 10 draft pick.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!