Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Sounds like a gift you didnt want but will end up LOVING!!! Happy birthday man!!

Im thinking about getting Sunday Ticket now also! Been about a decade without.
    It's $100 cheaper if you get it now instead of later.

I greatly doubt I will end up "Loving" this "gift", but who knows. I will at least be rooting for the guy, as well as rooting for Rodgers to flounder any more than just playing that 65%. I just don't think that's how it will play out, though.

My only disagreement with that Brandt quote above is that he wouldn't have ever played for the Packers again. As APB said so eloquently in one of these threads. it wouldn't have been out of the question at all for them to bury the hatchet - if indeed there even was a hatchet to bury just because the God damned media claimed it.

Oh well, time to move on, I guess.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Ideal situation is that the Jets get to 7-7 to stay in playoff contention with Rodgers playing all the games. Then they lose out to finish 7-10, but get the lucky draw for a top 10 draft pick.
    i like the scenario i heard on the radio yesterday where he plays well, but gets hurt late in the season causing the jets to miss the playoffs

after playing the 65% of snaps of course

Our ideal scenario is Love looking like a stud regardless of the Jets outcome.

The next ideal scenario is for the Jets to fall the way you guys listed above and we get the 12th pick from them. We stink with Love and get the 7th pick. Then we use the 7th and 12th picks along with our second to move up and take a HOF QB.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i like the scenario i heard on the radio yesterday where he plays well, but gets hurt late in the season causing the jets to miss the playoffs

after playing the 65% of snaps of course
    65.5% to be safe..

https://babylonbee.com/news/aaron-ro...-with-the-jets

NEW YORK, NY — Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has officially signed with the New York Jets, confirming his retirement from professional football.

"You have to know when to walk away," said Rodgers. "I'm excited to put on a New York Jets jersey, and leave pro football in the rearview mirror."

Sources inside the Jets organization were reportedly shocked to receive the word from Rodgers. "How much peyote is he smoking??" asked General Manager Joe Douglas. "Eh, who cares. Even if he's high, just to have a legend like Rodgers on the field with us amateurs - it's going to be amazing. I know the NFL will be sad to lose him, but their loss is our gain."

Rodgers took months to make a final decision, laboring over whether it was time to hang up his cleats. "Professional football is an incredible grind," said Rodgers. "I've enjoyed my career tremendously, but in the end, I realized I was done with all the film watching, the practicing - that endless pursuit of perfection. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about any of that with the Jets. It's going to be an amazing change of pace."

At publishing time, Aaron Rodgers had asked if anyone had some psychedelics because he just sobered up enough to realize he had actually signed with the New York Jets.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Probably already discussed but it looks like trade is not final until Packers rewrite Arods contract to make it more cap friendly and then turn in signed contract to NFL.

Sign spotted in Waukesha - “Aaron Rodgers retires from football to play for the New York Jets”

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Sign spotted in Waukesha - “Aaron Rodgers retires from football to play for the New York Jets”
    Look up a few posts.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Probably already discussed but it looks like trade is not final until Packers rewrite Arods contract to make it more cap friendly and then turn in signed contract to NFL.
    I think it is done. I read somewhere else that the Jets just turned the contract into a signing bonus to push like $25,000,000 to next year. The Jets already kicking the can down the road on a player who hasn't played a down for the team.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Here is the article that I read.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...e0cb5b39&ei=32

It sounds like more than $40,000,000 kicked down the road.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Do punts and field goal attempts count against his snap count percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Do punts and field goal attempts count against his snap count percentage?
    If he's on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Trying to not burn any bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    If he's on the field
    What I mean is if he plays 90 snaps for an entire game, but there are 10 other plays for punts and field goal attempts, does that mean he played 90% or 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    What I mean is if he plays 90 snaps for an entire game, but there are 10 other plays for punts and field goal attempts, does that mean he played 90% or 100%?
    there would also be about 90 snaps for the other team you know. its not just offense and special teams

i would think its 65% of offensive snaps

defense and special teams won't count (unless gutey is a complete idiot and somehow let that slide in there)

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i would think its 65% of offensive snaps

defense and special teams won't count (unless gutey is a complete idiot and somehow let that slide in there)
    I suppose they have good attorneys covering all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Trying to not burn any bridges.
    Everything he does is calculated. All the same, I'm a little surprised he mentioned Gutekunst.
    Rodgers was an incredible QB for GB and I wish him well. It's best for the team long-term and might even revitalize him. I think he has a little bit left in the tank, but it was time for him to leave.
    That awful contract and the drama often swirling around him was distracting.

Barring injury he will play 65% of the offensive snaps and GB will get a R1 next year. If the Jets get full-spite Aaron they could make some noise. He's going to miss GB's OL though.

As for the picks, I'm a little surprised Gute got what he did. The key will be to actually get some good players from those picks. If he ends up with Datone Jones and Jerel Worthy types then you've squandered a big chance to improve the roster.

... and Brandt is mostly right -- Rodgers was a $60M financial obligation they didn't want. I don't think he was coming back, the rubicon was crossed when he went on McAfee and said he wanted to be a Jet (if not before that).
    There will be a behind the scenes story of everything eventually, whether it's next month or a few years down the road remains to be seen.

This trade could've gotten very, very ugly before going down. Glad it didn't; makes the odds of a Rodgers ring of honor night at Lambeau happening sooner more likely.

Blog Entries
    DID YOU KNOW..........REAL INFO

Once upon a time the Atlanta Falcons traded a Gunslinger to the Green Bay Packers for a 1st round draft pick. Brett Favre gave us memories and is considered one of the best

DID YOU KNOW

When Brett Favre came to GB he "failed" his physical. Ron Wolf marched into the trainer and told him to pass him on the F'kin Physical.

And then he fave us many fun years
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think it is done. I read somewhere else that the Jets just turned the contract into a signing bonus to push like $25,000,000 to next year. The Jets already kicking the can down the road on a player who hasn't played a down for the team.
    Actually. I believe it was the Packers who reworked the contract first. The trade is supposed to go through after 4pm today. Then the Jets will rework the contract again.

-Tim Harmston