Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Pissed off Aaron Rodgers is going to go ape shit on the league before he lays an egg in AFCC to Mahomes. Book it. 5x MVP tho.

Homie cleaned up well for his press tour today. Ditched the weird hobo thing to be all business.

Packers gonna pick a receiver just to piss him off too.

We should be kinda mad he wouldn't spend any time in off-season here but he's there for the whole of it. Kinda jacked ngl. But yeah, he is pissed and gonna have an unbelievable season. Remember, he's single now, doesn't have that hot little pop tart around to keep him busy so he's all in I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Pissed off Aaron Rodgers is going to go ape shit on the league before he lays an egg in AFCC to Mahomes. Book it. 5x MVP tho.

Homie cleaned up well for his press tour today. Ditched the weird hobo thing to be all business.

Packers gonna pick a receiver just to piss him off too.

We should be kinda mad he wouldn't spend any time in off-season here but he's there for the whole of it. Kinda jacked ngl. But yeah, he is pissed and gonna have an unbelievable season. Remember, he's single now, doesn't have that hot little pop tart around to keep him busy so he's all in I'm sure.
    Him looking so presentable, wearing Jets gear, having no weirdness vibes shows he’s not in his comfort zone. He’s trying not to make enemies in New York on day 1. But yeah, he’s pissed. He’s got some new grudge ammo to fuel him. I agree that he’s gonna be in such good shape that he’ll go back in time a year or two, and going back in time a year or two for Rodgers is MVP level play. Hackett is the OC on a team with a defensive coach, so those two (Rodgers and Hackett) have been down this road together before and should be able to make it work quickly.

I don’t know about another MVP. Too many other guys could have monster years to make that likely. But MVP level is certainly attainable. If he’s healthy all year, we’re looking at the 26th pick next year. If he’s hurt a bunch, we’re looking at the 50th pick next year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Favre went 8-3 with the Jets before he got injured. Even Favre had success out there. I expect 8 to look pretty good.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I noticed Rodgers was respectful of the Packers - no shots at them, unless you count his "there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me" thing. Still a little bit of a pissing match there. All I can say about that is that what I've learned over the years - I am a slow learner - is that you should pay attention to actions more than words. IF the Packers had wanted Rodgers back, and IF he had wanted to be back with them, well, he would be. But he ain't. I'm guessing - and it's a guess - that Rodgers did not like Guter's decision to not consult Rodgers about re-signing Lewis, Cobb, et al. I'm guessing Guter made it clear, one way or another, that the team was moving on, and Guter was trying to talk to Rodgers to see if he'd come back given those parameters. Probably knowing Rodgers wouldn't like that loss of control. So a little passive-aggressive there. Then Rodgers, the master of passive-aggressive, made it clear via the media that he'd been blindsided by the Packers and gee, he was all ready to commit to playing after he came out of the darkness!

As always, enough blame for everyone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

"there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me"
    meaning they probably tried a regular phone call and he ghosted them. AR is a language lawyer on par with a snotty 15 year old.

I can see them trying to call him from Mark Murphy's office and AR12 is like "not a FaceTime call? nice try, lose my number". Murphy looks like he can barely tie his shoes much less use technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I noticed Rodgers was respectful of the Packers - no shots at them, unless you count his "there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me" thing. Still a little bit of a pissing match there. All I can say about that is that what I've learned over the years - I am a slow learner - is that you should pay attention to actions more than words. IF the Packers had wanted Rodgers back, and IF he had wanted to be back with them, well, he would be. But he ain't. I'm guessing - and it's a guess - that Rodgers did not like Guter's decision to not consult Rodgers about re-signing Lewis, Cobb, et al. I'm guessing Guter made it clear, one way or another, that the team was moving on, and Guter was trying to talk to Rodgers to see if he'd come back given those parameters. Probably knowing Rodgers wouldn't like that loss of control. So a little passive-aggressive there. Then Rodgers, the master of passive-aggressive, made it clear via the media that he'd been blindsided by the Packers and gee, he was all ready to commit to playing after he came out of the darkness!

As always, enough blame for everyone.
    He wrote a nice farewell if you look for it online. No hard feelings for me. He is a packer legend. He will always be a packer. It was just time for a change.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I think it was time for a change - but instead of both sides just admitting that, they have to try to angle the "blame" to the other side without looking whiny, which of course never really works out too well.

But that was a classy bit Rodgers wrote online, so all will be well when Rodgers comes back to Lambeau, whether for a game or to be honored.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack