Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It may not be a divorce yet but this is just like when a couples go their separate ways. Separate living situation, bad mouthing each other, and causing drama.

It’s fucking great!!!!!

It ain't over 'til it's over. Granted, the fat lady's getting her voice warmed up, but she ain't singing yet.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    I agree, you are not negative at all. Way too damn optimistic but hey that’s not a bad quality. You also adapt so eventually you will warm up to Love if he is successful.

a big IF ....... and it also depends how you define successful - 8/9/10 wins? 13, 14, 15 wins - the norm with Rodgers? a Super Bowl? whatever.

Blog Entries
    To me, success is reaching the top of the mountain. The story how you got there is only remembered and spoken of no matter how good or bad. Rodgers won 1 Superbowl and that is good enough IMO. Mission accomplished. He will always be a champion and no one can take that from him. Same with Brett and Love if he finds a way to win just 1.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    a big IF ....... and it also depends how you define successful - 8/9/10 wins? 13, 14, 15 wins - the norm with Rodgers? a Super Bowl? whatever.
    So you were only Happy for 4 out of Arod's 15 seasons QBing the Pack.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Packers Records with Arod:
    2008: 6-10
    2009:11-5
    2010:10-6
    2011:15-1
    2012:11-5
    2013:8-7-1
    2014:12-4
    2015:10-6
    2016:10-6
    2017:7-9
    2018:6-9-1
    2019:13-3
    2020:13-3
    2021:13-4
    2022:8-9

Apparently, no where near what Tex remembers. 13, 14, 15 wins the norm.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 03-18-2023 at 03:15 PM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The norm is under 13 wins by any objective measure. No wonder you are so one sided about Rodgers. You think he won more than 13 games as the norm. Your logic is flawed.

Peter Bukowski
    @Peter_Bukowski

Also interesting one executive said he doesn’t think Gutekunst WANTS to trade Rodgers until post June 1 (for the cap savings) and that the Jets will have to incentivize the #Packers to do so.
    Not sure if there's any validity to this, but it's an interesting take.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Spreads the cap hit out over two years, so it's not illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Spreads the cap hit out over two years, so it's not illogical.
    It would mean no draft picks this year from the Jets, but maybe a Jets wide receiver could be part of the package?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

It would mean no draft picks this year from the Jets, but maybe a Jets wide receiver could be part of the package?
    Yeah. We'd get more value next year when the draft might be deeper. I don't fully subscribe to the amount future picks are discounted under the draft value charts. Maybe my view is colored by watching the Patriots load up on future picks every year and have success.

well i fucking said that same thing the other day and no one gave 2 shits

Yeah. We'd get more value next year when the draft might be deeper. I don't fully subscribe to the amount future picks are discounted under the draft value charts. Maybe my view is colored by watching the Patriots load up on future picks every year and have success.
    how?

chances are that those draft picks won't be as high as they are this year

I was talking with my buddy last night. He's a Pack fan although I am positive just to be a contrarian. I mentioned the Packers have the leverage now but really, with Hackett the offense should be familiar. I totally get the Packers holding out for something good. Jets have two options as I see it.

1) Putting a full court press on getting Lamar Jackson. This might spook them into lowering demands. I doubt it. Packers brass must realize this would be a shit deal for the Jets.
    2) Wait them out. It's pretty clear they want to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how?

chances are that those draft picks won't be as high as they are this year
    Teams will give up higher rounds for future picks, at least that's what I've read when they do the trade values.

Teams will give up higher rounds for future picks, at least that's what I've read when they do the trade values.

I believe that it true. Future draft picks are of lower value than right now from everything I have heard.

OMG imagine the popcorn if the Jets ended up landing Lamar. Personally, I think that's a better play long term for them. They must still like the young buck they've got long term.

The norm is under 13 wins by any objective measure. No wonder you are so one sided about Rodgers. You think he won more than 13 games as the norm. Your logic is flawed.
    hahahahaha Ya'all haters just don't quit. If I'm calculating the average, I'm leaving out the three or so years where Rodgers either played hurt or missed a lot of games. Actually, if I'm into stats, I'd just total up the number or percent of wins when he played and was healthy. But whatever. The point is, they're gonna nosedive, and for ya'all that are into playoff wins, Super Bowls, and trophies, you can forget about that for a long-g-g-g time too.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    OMG imagine the popcorn if the Jets ended up landing Lamar. Personally, I think that's a better play long term for them. They must still like the young buck they've got long term.
    Is there a rumor of this now, or what? I thought ya'll were so sure they were all in for Rodgers - 99% sure one of you said.

As much as I'd like to see a few more years with Rodgers, I'd be just fine with it if the Packers took all the draft picks they get from the Jets, trade them to the Ravens, and end up with Lamar Jackson ....... but no, that ain't gonna happen hahahaha.