Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha Ya'all haters just don't quit. If I'm calculating the average, I'm leaving out the three or so years where Rodgers either played hurt or missed a lot of games. Actually, if I'm into stats, I'd just total up the number or percent of wins when he played and was healthy. But whatever. The point is, they're gonna nosedive, and for ya'all that are into playoff wins, Super Bowls, and trophies, you can forget about that for a long-g-g-g time too.

Tex Tex Tex once in a while you should just quit when you are behind

How many years did AROD play for GB and what percent resulted in a Super Bowl. To me that is the measurable.

And from Gutebag's side, did he feel AROD would lead them to a Super Bowl given the roster/cap space and other implications. If the answer is no, then you move on IMO.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha Ya'all haters just don't quit. If I'm calculating the average, I'm leaving out the three or so years where Rodgers either played hurt or missed a lot of games. Actually, if I'm into stats, I'd just total up the number or percent of wins when he played and was healthy. But whatever. The point is, they're gonna nosedive, and for ya'all that are into playoff wins, Super Bowls, and trophies, you can forget about that for a long-g-g-g time too.
    His win percentage would put him at about 11 wins per year. You're welcome.

For the NYJ to get Lamar, they'd have to
    (1) figure out a way to sign Lamar to a contract both he wants and the Jets could fit under their cap.
    (2) have the Ravens NOT say "thanks for doing our negotiating work for us, we can match that."
    (3) give up multiple first round picks

Super unlikely. The QB market has dried up, are the Jets going to sign Matt Ryan? Give up picks to trade up, draft Levis and hope he pans out quickly enough to save Saleh and Douglas (who will be on the hotseat no matter what)? Have Zach Wilson start again?
    Jets have painted themselves into a corner. Gutekunst has leverage, but honestly I think he needs to act soon -- some unexpected event could swing the opposite way fast.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    For the NYJ to get Lamar, they'd have to
    (1) figure out a way to sign Lamar to a contract both he wants and the Jets could fit under their cap.
    (2) have the Ravens NOT say "thanks for doing our negotiating work for us, we can match that."
    (3) give up multiple first round picks

Super unlikely. The QB market has dried up, are the Jets going to sign Matt Ryan? Give up picks to trade up, draft Levis and hope he pans out quickly enough to save Saleh and Douglas (who will be on the hotseat no matter what)? Have Zach Wilson start again?
    Jets have painted themselves into a corner. Gutekunst has leverage, but honestly I think he needs to act soon -- some unexpected event could swing the opposite way fast.
    I think that's a fair analysis. It also depends on how much Green Bay wants picks for this years draft to beef things up for Love. Jets could stall past the draft.

Jets fans are simultaneously saying they’re on of a handful of SB favorites with Rodgers and that he’s not worth more than a 3rd.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Frankly, I don't give a damn whether the Jets can get L. Jackson except if it causes them to stop negotiating to trade for Rodgers.

As I said, I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers end up with Jackson - which is almost certainly not gonna happen.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Jets fans are simultaneously saying they’re on of a handful of SB favorites with Rodgers and that he’s not worth more than a 3rd.
    yeah, isn't that wonderful?

but new york fans are just fucked in the head to begin with

they still owe us for just giving favre to them for next to nothing. not our fault they couldn't keep him

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

You’d think the jets would have asked about the compensation before asking to talk to him

I could see it going like

Jets- what would it take

Pack-2 first

Jets -can we talk to him

Pack- sure

Jets- ok, he’s in. We’ll give you a 4th next year

Pack - get fucked. We said 2 1sts

Jets- that’s insane!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I think that's a fair analysis. It also depends on how much Green Bay wants picks for this years draft to beef things up for Love. Jets could stall past the draft.
    Honestly, I'd almost prefer picks in next year's draft. If Love falls on his face, more picks = more ammo to move up for Caleb Williams or Drake May. (Very rarely does a good QB fall outside the top 10 of the draft.)
    I know he's a 4 time MVP and all that stuff, but you're trading the contract as much as the player. Jalen Ramsey got a 3rd round pick! He's 28 and still a very good CB.

I'd honestly be ok with the Jets keeping their 2023 R1 pick if they are so attached to it. I'd want the equivalent of it though (i.e., a R2 and R3) or more picks next year to account for it. I've also seen pick swaps, conditionals, player swaps, etc. I'd keep all the options open, but I'd trade him for a 2023 R2, 2023 R3, and a 2024 conditional R2. If they can't get R1 picks, get as many Day 2 picks as possible.

Honestly, I'd almost prefer picks in next year's draft. If Love falls on his face, more picks = more ammo to move up for Caleb Williams or Drake May. (Very rarely does a good QB fall outside the top 10 of the draft.)
    I know he's a 4 time MVP and all that stuff, but you're trading the contract as much as the player. Jalen Ramsey got a 3rd round pick! He's 28 and still a very good CB.

I'd honestly be ok with the Jets keeping their 2023 R1 pick if they are so attached to it. I'd want the equivalent of it though (i.e., a R2 and R3) or more picks next year to account for it. I've also seen pick swaps, conditionals, player swaps, etc. I'd keep all the options open, but I'd trade him for a 2023 R2, 2023 R3, and a 2024 conditional R2. If they can't get R1 picks, get as many Day 2 picks as possible.
    I'm on board with this thinking. From the Jets' perspective, an understandable one, they're about to, appear to be about to, invest a lot of money and resources into a guy they know will only play one, maybe two more years. So their window won't be open for long as far as tying their fate to Roders, which means they're going to want that #1 pick this year, just because that pick is more likely to be someone who can have an immediate impact than, say, an equally physically gifted but not as developed guy you might get in the second or third round.

So let them keep that pick, get a second or third this year from them, but make next year's pick from the Jets be that first rounder, and not conditional. IF things go the way the Jets hope they do, that'll be the 32nd pick of the first round. But that's no sure thing; it's statistically more likely to be a pick in the mid- to upper-twenties. Which the Packers could use in a package to move up next year if they need to find a QB. And if they like Love, well, then they get more weapons for the following year, when Love will have a year as a starter under his belt and will be ready to lead the Pack into the playoffs.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You’d think the jets would have asked about the compensation before asking to talk to him

Jets- what would it take

Pack-2 first

Jets -can we talk to him

Pack- sure

Jets- that’s insane!!!!
    HOPEFULLY you're right, and nobody has any compromise in their hearts, and nothing comes of the trade shit and the Packers have a great '23 season and maybe beyond WITH Rodgers, but that hope is still pretty much a longshot.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I actually think the fucks with the Jets think they're gonna steal AR with a low-ball offer like they did with Favre. If I'm Gute, I'm telling them to fuck off.

(Very rarely does a good QB fall outside the top 10 of the draft.)
    Lamar Jackson 32nd pick
    Patrick Mahommes 10th pick
    Tom Brady 199th pick
    Russell Wilson 75th pick
    Aaron Rodgers 24th pick
    Brett Favre 33rd pick
    Drew Brees 32nd pick
    Ben Rothlisberger 11th pick
    Jalen Hurts 53rd pick

Peyton Manning 1st pick
    Eli Manning 1st pick
    Phillip Rivers 4th pick
    Matt Ryan 3rd pick
    Matt Stafford 1st pick
    Joe Burrow 1st pick
    Josh Allen 7th pick
    Justin Herbert 6th pick

Recent passing leaders and best young QBs averaged pick 18 in the draft. I took Tom Brady out because that’s an anomaly.

10 of those 17 came in the top 11 picks.
    3 were the first pick
    Last edited by RashanGary; 03-22-2023 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Jets- what would it take

Pack-2 first

Jets -can we talk to him

Pack- sure

Jets- that’s insane!!!!
    Red, you just described way too many of the negotiations in my life. Sometimes it was "I won't be available on sundays.". Then 2 weeks in, "we really need you available on sundays"

Then a look of shock when I say no.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

You’re most likely to land a top QB in the first 11 picks, but picks 12 through 100 give you a decent shot too.

4 top QBs were selected at 1 overall - 23%
    2 were selected between 2 and 4 - 12%
    2 were selected between 5 and 7 - 12%
    2 were selected between 8 and 11 - 12%

10 top QBs were selected in the top 11 - 59%
    4 were selected between 12 and 33 - 23%
    2 were selected between 34 and 75 - 12%
    1 was selected between 76 and 200 - 6%
    Last edited by RashanGary; 03-22-2023 at 04:29 PM.

So the JETS just acquired a 2nd round pick for E Moore, hopefully that is coming to us this year and we get the 1 next year

Jets made a trade and now have picks 42 and 43. Could this be the trade for Rodgers?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen