Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    So the JETS just acquired a 2nd round pick for E Moore, hopefully that is coming to us this year and we get the 1 next year
    Picks 42 and 43 equal out to pick 17 on the trade value chart. Maybe they really want 13 and would give up the two seconds.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Rodgers just isn't into you Tex. He doesn't want to be a Packer and the only way it happens he plays for them at this point is if he's just showing up and collecting a paycheck.

Getting two 2nds would be really nice. Three top 50 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Getting two 2nds would be really nice. Three top 50 picks.
    I think it would be 4. We have the 15 and 45 I believe and we’d add the 42 and 43. I kinda like that better than 13 anyway.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Rodgers just isn't into you Tex. He doesn't want to be a Packer and the only way it happens he plays for them at this point is if he's just showing up and collecting a paycheck.
    He broke up with TPB for this:

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    And you're not a damn hater ...... yeah right.

Amazing how knownothings think they actually know what's in the guy's head.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jets made a trade and now have picks 42 and 43. Could this be the trade for Rodgers?

Packers get pick #13, a Jets 2nd round pick, and next year's second in exchange for pick 17 and KAREN
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Packers get pick #13, a Jets 2nd round pick, and next year's second in exchange for pick 17 and KAREN
    So, people, what would you prefer: Bretsky's scenario or the two Jets' second round picks as described earlier?

You want to move up a couple spots in the first and get an added second, or just have the two seconds?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I would take the 2 seconds this year if there is another pick coming for next next year, preferably another 2nd

I think it's unlikely the Packers can get the 13th pick. Can't really blame the Jets for not wanting to give it up given the uncertainty of how long Rodgers will play. The fact that the Jets are apparently the only team interested in Rodgers hurts the Packers here.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I think it would be 4. We have the 15 and 45 I believe and we’d add the 42 and 43. I kinda like that better than 13 anyway.
    You are correct RG, I completely forgot about their own 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    I would take the 2 seconds this year if there is another pick coming for next next year, preferably another 2nd
    Agree. 2 R2 this year is good draft ammo. If they threw in next years R2 and put conditionals on it that's ok.
    Rodgers the player is worth more, but Rodgers' contract and likely 1-2 year rental is probably not.

I think next year's draft will be better overall but there will be some good players available on Day 2 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    And you're not a damn hater ...... yeah right.

Amazing how knownothings think they actually know what's in the guy's head.
    I'm going by what Rodgers said. You're the one that's been going on about what Rodgers and the Packers have been thinking. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree. 2 R2 this year is good draft ammo. If they threw in next years R2 and put conditionals on it that's ok.
    Rodgers the player is worth more, but Rodgers' contract and likely 1-2 year rental is probably not.

I think next year's draft will be better overall but there will be some good players available on Day 2 this year.
    Next years round 1 would be nice too. I think it’s you who mentioned that if love stinks, having two firsts next year and a chance to move up in a good QB class is kind of ideal.

I know everyone is thinking we’re gonna get a haul, but I think pick 43 or next years first is about the best we can hope for.

Next year's first, even if it's in the mid-twenties, would be a nice haul if they could add one of the Jets' second-rounders this year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Next years round 1 would be nice too. I think it’s you who mentioned that if love stinks, having two firsts next year and a chance to move up in a good QB class is kind of ideal.

I know everyone is thinking we’re gonna get a haul, but I think pick 43 or next years first is about the best we can hope for.
    Yeah, I think Caleb Williams or Drake Mays are at least as good as these guys if not (possibly much) better, and there will always be somebody coming out of left field who sets CFB on fire. Maybe Michael Penix, dunno. I think no matter what they will exercise the 5th year option on JL and even if he stinks on ice they have him under contract to trot out there while they draft and bring the next guy along. (I don't think JL will stink.)

Right now they need to focus on surrounding Love with a good OL and skill players, and acquiring as much young talent via Day 1-2 picks (or getting lucky on Day 3) while they unwind from their cap mess. By 2025 they should be in pretty good shape and if JL is any good they could have a window open for a strong playoff run. Starting now it's about developing young players into playmakers and shedding bad contracts.

so

the jets thought that a player who was in the league for 2 years and demanded to be traded after doing not so much in those 2 years was worth a high second round pick

but the QB who is one year removed from his 4th MVP and who everyone in new york thinks is the final piece to winning a super bowl isn't worth a 1st?

fuck the jets, take them to the fucking cleaners

i'll take their 2 second rounders, but i want a future 1st also if he plays more then 1 season

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so

the jets thought that a player who was in the league for 2 years and demanded to be traded after doing not so much in those 2 years was worth a high second round pick

but the QB who is one year removed from his 4th MVP and who everyone in new york thinks is the final piece to winning a super bowl isn't worth a 1st?

fuck the jets, take them to the fucking cleaners

i'll take their 2 second rounders, but i want a future 1st also if he plays more then 1 season

To play devils advocate, here is a 40yo that seemed to decline and has said publicly he had one foot in retirement this offseason. How much is realistic? It's tricky hence why it isn't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    To play devils advocate, here is a 40yo that seemed to decline and has said publicly he had one foot in retirement this offseason. How much is realistic? It's tricky hence why it isn't done.
    Yep, that's pretty much what the Pack-a-Day podcast was saying as well. Given the contract and the possibility of Rodgers not playing more than one year, normally that wouldn't bring much in return, but Rodgers has the potential to take the Jets from missing the playoffs to playing for the Super Bowl, and that's worth a lot. Both teams need this trade to go through so there isn't really much leverage either way.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much what the Pack-a-Day podcast was saying as well. Given the contract and the possibility of Rodgers not playing more than one year, normally that wouldn't bring much in return, but Rodgers has the potential to take the Jets from missing the playoffs to playing for the Super Bowl, and that's worth a lot. Both teams need this trade to go through so there isn't really much leverage either way.
    I can't argue with any of that. All true.