Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TEX; au contraire

TEX; au contraire

----
    Obviously he plays for the Packers. Obviously he plays a helluva lot better than last season. Laying an egg in the playoffs or going all the way is not very relevant to me until the week of the games, but I'd say as always, it could happen even with little or no change to staff and personnel, just with a little bit of luck on the injury front, etc.

----
    If LaFleur or Gutekunst or Murphy - anybody with inside knowledge on the Packers ever read the crap in this forum, they'd be laughing their asses off.

----
    Nice poetry, but a bogus narrative, at least your conclusion is bogus. The GOAT ain't going anywhere.

----
    Bobblehead, I'm completely confident that I'm aligned with the thinking of the Packer brass on this topic - unlike the various haters and dumbasses. They are the ones who did that glorious Rodgers contract - which many in here stupidly hate, and IMO, they did it with eyes wide open and are still glad they did - as am I, (OBVIOUSLY).

----
    I'm fairly sure Rodgers knows he's staying and the Packer brass know he is staying. Rodgers is just stringing along the media shitheads and anybody dumb enough to swallow the media shit.

----
    I'm not sure if McAfee qualifies as "sports media". Regardless, though, it's not what comes from his mouth, it's what Rodgers himself says on the show that counts.

----
    I say again, Rodgers isn't gonna be traded, and he isn't gonna retire. If they did want to trade him - which they obviously don't, he wouldn't have much say about where he would go, except maybe to threaten retirement - which clearly would be throwing away so much money that it would be significant even to somebody as rich as he is. All of this trade talk is just ludicrous.

----
    ..... Bobblehead, I was reading your post above where you said I was "all over the map". Where does that come from? I've been totally consistent, I think, all along saying Rodgers shouldn't be/won't be traded.

----
    As somebody said, he didn't say what the title implies - I think the term for that is click bait. I expect Lazard to be in Green Bay next year and maybe beyond with a respectable but not overly high salary.

Shame on me for even starting this thread. Never kick a man when he is down, but then again Tex has been "screamin from the rafters" that we are all idiots sooooo.

Tex, you’re a good guy, even the way you insult doesn’t come off as being overly rude. It’s just you being you. But this is funny!!!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    ----

As somebody said, he didn't say what the title implies - I think the term for that is click bait. I expect Lazard to be in Green Bay next year and maybe beyond with a respectable but not overly high salary.

Shame on me for even starting this thread. Never kick a man when he is down, but then again Tex has been "screamin from the rafters" that we are all idiots sooooo.
    You forgot this gem (emphasis mine):

I told my oldest grandson when he was 12, about 15 years ago now, always say "it seems" or "probably" or "IMO" because if you say something like you know for sure and you're wrong, you're basically lying.
    Roasting aside, you can't help respect his conviction and enthusiasm, however misguided or misinformed.

I mean, but really? Is it really official yet? Tex still has a chance to be right. Maybe I've missed out on the latest news. Sounds to me like GB and the Jets are wafflin over compensation. Might alllll still fall through, proving Tex right. How Crazy would that be? Like Tina Turner welcoming back IKE or that chic from La Bamba forgiving Bob...

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    I mean, but really? Is it really official yet? Tex still has a chance to be right. Maybe I've missed out on the latest news. Sounds to me like GB and the Jets are wafflin over compensation. Might alllll still fall through, proving Tex right. How Crazy would that be? Like Tina Turner welcoming back IKE or that chic from La Bamba forgiving Bob...
    This has gone too far for the trade not to happen. It would be a PR disaster for the Jets if they don't get Rodgers. And a real problem for the Packers too with what they do with Love if it doesn't happen.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This has gone too far for the trade not to happen. It would be a PR disaster for the Jets if they don't get Rodgers. And a real problem for the Packers too with what they do with Love if it doesn't happen.
    I'm just being a smartass...

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    I'm just being a smartass...
    And many of us around here appreciate a little smart assery once in awhile....and the occasional tina/ike reference.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Whatever. I got it wrong, and now we all suffer, even the shitheads and haters who were actually dumb enough to WANT this. How bad and how all out stupid this is by Gutekunst, etc. depends on what they get in trade. We survived several years that LaFleur didn't blow things up with his ego, but ultimately, Gutekunst's damn ego - idiotically wanting to throw it all away and see what happens with his own guy. Fuck him for that and all the dumbasses who craved the losing that's gonna come.

I'll survive. Badger football should be damn good this year. The Cowboys, my second favorite team, may be good enough to overcome McCarthy's coaching and win big too.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tex, teams do win without Aaron Rodgers. Hell teams without rodgers won every owl but 1 since he's been around.

Give Love a chance. He might surprise you.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    G DAM media f'cking whore Karen Rodgers was at it again announcing he wants to play for th J.E.T.S JETS JETS JETS

But I don't believe the GD media whore promoting his agenda. I'm not convinced the JETS want that d'bag
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think the Jets have forgotten about the dick pics by now and are ready for a new adventure in packer prima donnas.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think the Jets have forgotten about the dick pics by now and are ready for a new adventure in packer prima donnas.
    Haha!

In fairness to the Jets, they’re a pretty good team and they’re a QB away. If Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder and gets one more big year, they’ve got a shot.

* Removed to erase stupidly - admin

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You had to make me do it huh sorryass? Now look at the fun you will miss.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Whatever. I got it wrong, and now we all suffer, even the shitheads and haters who were actually dumb enough to WANT this. How bad and how all out stupid this is by Gutekunst, etc. depends on what they get in trade. We survived several years that LaFleur didn't blow things up with his ego, but ultimately, Gutekunst's damn ego - idiotically wanting to throw it all away and see what happens with his own guy. Fuck him for that and all the dumbasses who craved the losing that's gonna come.

I'll survive. Badger football should be damn good this year. The Cowboys, my second favorite team, may be good enough to overcome McCarthy's coaching and win big too.
    Thanks, Tex!

You manned up. Sort of.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Thanks, Tex!

You manned up. Sort of.
    Whatever is the polite way to tell someone F U ! Must be that Texas politeness.

Just giving you shit Tex! haha

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    In fairness to the Jets, they’re a pretty good team and they’re a QB away. If Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder and gets one more big year, they’ve got a shot.

* Removed to erase stupidly - admin
    And this is PRECISELY why the Jets will make sure they get this deal done. Their only possible option if they don't do the AR trade is to try and go after Lamar Jackson. GB kinda has them by the balls, at least moreso than the other way around.

I'm wondering what RG said that was so bad.

Actually, I'd say the Jets ARE pretty bad. Just the same, if Rodgers plays up to his norm, they could win big/go all the way. Just about any team with Rodgers at QB could if things fall right. Regardless, assuming this deal goes through and he actually is gone, to the Jets or otherwise, then fuck him and the Jets too. I'm rooting for Rodgers to break his knee and the Jets to rue the day they ever made the deal.

As for the Packers winning without Rodgers, dream on. I'm normally the biggest optimist in here, and I don't see anything ahead except mediocrity. Look at the three seasons in recent history that Rodgers was either out injured for a lot of it or else played with an injury. That's what I see for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pleased to be wrong about the mediocre future, and Rodgers himself did say Love looked damn good. But unless he reaches Rodgers level of greatness and can carry the team, which I really doubt, then that mediocrity is looming.

And as I said, I got nothing against those who merely got it right when I got it wrong - that Gutekunst et al really would be stupid enough to do this. What I really see as the lowest of the low, the rottenest of the rotten, the stupidest of the stupid are the shitheads who actually WANTED the Packers to throw it all away like they apparently are doing. That's just inexcusable.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 03-16-2023 at 10:38 AM.

You are a terrible person Tex. You blow with the wind. You gotta find some grounding principles brother.

Terrible person, yeah, I've been told that hahahaha, but "blow with the wind"? what's that all about? I'm as stubborn and consistent as anybody could be - about this and everything else. The most fundamental "principle" for sports fans should be homerism, but that takes balls, something which some in here don't seem to have. Better stay away from that mirror, CMI.