Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
been meaning to post in this thread for a few days.

Brock was a tremendous fullback in the old sense. Brockington was as fast as Dillon, if not faster. He didn't have a lot of shake, but as powerful as Earl Campbell. He also provided on of the hairiest, scariest moments I've ever experienced at a Packer game. The Packers were playing The Cincinnati Bengals at Lambeau in early October of 1971. Brockington was a rookie, but had already impressed the crowd with his quickness and awesome power. Down by our goal Brockington tore thru the line, broke a tackle and motored right at the safety. The Bengal player showed a lot of heart, but little sense and went right at John B. Brockington had a powerful running motion and the two players collided about the 15 yard line. The noise could be heard all over the north end of Lambeau. It was a crack like I've never heard again, & I hope to hell I never hear again. The Bengal was a young kid named Ken Dyer. He never moved and they used a of of care to get him off the field. Most of us thought he was dead. Dyer sustained a career ending neck injury and was a quadriplegic for a couple years, but eventually rehabbed himself to walk and talk.

In the off season the Pack traded Donny Anderson to the Cardinals and got MacArthur Lane. Those two formed the most badass running tandem I've ever seen. Jump on YouTube and check those boys. Football like you've never seen
That sounds horrifying.