View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Gute To Draft At #15?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaxon Smith-Njigba - WR - Ohio St.

2 16.67%
  • Broderick Jones - OT - Georgia

1 8.33%
  • Zay Flowers - WR - Boston College

0 0%
  • Nolan Smith - EDGE - Georgia

0 0%
  • Joey Porter - CB - Penn St.

0 0%
  • Darnell Wright - OT - Tennessee

0 0%
  • Calijah Kancey - DL - Pittsburgh

1 8.33%
  • Myles Murphy - EDGE - Clemson

4 33.33%
  • Jordan Addison - WR- USC

0 0%
  • Bijan Robinson - RB - Texas

0 0%
  • Deonte Banks - CB - Maryland

0 0%
  • Quentin Johnson - WR - TCU

0 0%
  • Brian Branch - S - Alabama

0 0%
  • John Michael Schmitz - IOL - Minnesota

0 0%
  • Dalton Kincaid - TE - Utah

0 0%
  • Michael Mayer - TE - Notre Dame

2 16.67%
  • Darnell Washington - TE - Georgia

0 0%
  • Other

1 8.33%
  • Trade up for...

0 0%
  • Trade down for...

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Want Gute To Draft At #15?

Who Do You Want Gute To Draft At #15?

Who Do You Want Gute To Draft At #15?

Assuming the following players are gone. Feel free to disagree:

Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud, Will Anderson, Anthony Richardson, Jalen Carter, Christian Gonzalez, Tyree Wilson, Devon Witherspoon, Will Levis, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson

Poll To Follow
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'll keep going with a Georgia guy. Jones may not come as ready to start as Skoronski and Johnson, but he has a ton of upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'll keep going with a Georgia guy. Jones may not come as ready to start as Skoronski and Johnson, but he has a ton of upside.
    I wasn't super high on him--this coming from a guy who likes Georgia guys and had Andrew Thomas rated #1 in his class. He fits the athletic profile that Green Bay likes. Then again, so does Skoronski and Johnson.

I'm going Myles Murphy. I'm hoping some guys you didn't list fall (primarily, Skoronski and Johnson). Of the guys you listed, I guess JSN would be #2. No way Darnell Washington should sniff the #15 pick.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'd like to see them trade down ideally, but if an OT is there that they like or JSN I'm good with it. They need to set JLo up for success. I think it'd be pretty neat to land two of the top TEs, so whatever it takes to do that and get an OT and solid edge I'm good with.

Blog Entries
    Van Ness didn't make the list ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Van Ness didn't make the list ?
    That was an oversight. That's why I always include Other as an option.

Van Ness.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I went with the Clemson guy. The edge rusher, who I get mixed up with the tight end from Notre Dame. Michael Myers? Myles Murphy? Michael Murphy? Myles Myers?

But I'd be okay with a defensive lineman or offensive tackle or a wide receiver or a tight end - though not the Georgia kid, Darnell Washington. Why would you spend the #15 pick on a blocking tight end? If blocking is that important, go draft an offensive tackle.

And don't draft a safety there just because you need one. The safeties don't seem good and the top ones don't seem good fits for Green Bay. They have a slot guy already.

And please don't draft a corner in the first round unless you think the guy is the next coming of Jaire Alexander.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I wouldn't draft Wahington at 25, but I think he's more than a blocker. He wasn't utilized as a receiver much at Georgia, but he showed some impressive skills when he was. Georgia had a sophomore TE, Brock Bowers, who they threw to more. But Washington had a 16.2 YPC when they did throw to him.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't draft Wahington at 25, but I think he's more than a blocker. He wasn't utilized as a receiver much at Georgia, but he showed some impressive skills when he was. Georgia had a sophomore TE, Brock Bowers, who they threw to more. But Washington had a 16.2 YPC when they did throw to him.

I don't know the why but many consider him a high upside boom or bust guy.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    That was an oversight. That's why I always include Other as an option.

has the TCU WR"s draft stock fallen ?

I'm going to choose the WR and continue my disappointment of hoping for a R1 WR which was tripled the year we drafted the Luv Machine over Mr Higgins in Cincy.

I'd also take Murphy or Van Ness; not sure who I'd prefer there yet.

Since Gutebag only drafts crap in round three, I'd just plan on using my R3 pick to trade up in round 2 and get a TE of value. Hopefully we have two R2 picks this year; good change if we unload Karen

has the TCU WR"s draft stock fallen ?

I'm going to choose the WR and continue my disappointment of hoping for a R1 WR which was tripled the year we drafted the Luv Machine over Mr Higgins in Cincy.

I'd also take Murphy or Van Ness; not sure who I'd prefer there yet.

Since Gutebag only drafts crap in round three, I'd just plan on using my R3 pick to trade up in round 2 and get a TE of value. Hopefully we have two R2 picks this year; good change if we unload Karen
    Most mocks now have him going between 20-30. He had a bad (for a WR) 3-cone time at the combine.

I don’t know, this might be the least I’ve paid attention to the draft in as long as I can remember, couldn’t name you anyone other then a handful of QBs that everyone is talking about

That said, to me, there doesn’t seem to be a tone of special players for skill positions and we really done need a Wr or a CB anyways. Safety looks like not a lot of talent. I do not want to piss away another first rounder on a d-lineman

So I’m hopping for an elite OLB to pair with Gary (Preston is in cruise control these days, nothing great). Or just grab a nice OT. Either to replace bahk this year, or to shore up the RT for now with a move to LT in his near future

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I don’t know, this might be the least I’ve paid attention to the draft in as long as I can remember, couldn’t name you anyone other then a handful of QBs that everyone is talking about

That said, to me, there doesn’t seem to be a tone of special players for skill positions and we really done need a Wr or a CB anyways. Safety looks like not a lot of talent. I do not want to piss away another first rounder on a d-lineman

So I’m hopping for an elite OLB to pair with Gary (Preston is in cruise control these days, nothing great). Or just grab a nice OT. Either to replace bahk this year, or to shore up the RT for now with a move to LT in his near future

CB and TE are thought to be very deep, but I don't think CB is a need for GB.

Overall most think the draft is not that stacked

CB and TE are thought to be very deep, but I don't think CB is a need for GB.

Overall most think the draft is not that stacked
    With the changes in college sports to name image likeness money, a lot more are staying in school because they’re already getting paid. After a couple years the drafts should get deeper again.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Hoping for Calijah Kancey (which might warrant trading down if possible to pick up extra picks as I think he'll go in the 20's) as although he's a beast of a 3 tech it seems he could play 5 technique and would benefit from Clark eating double teams.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Blog Entries
    many think there will be a CB run from 16-20 and Seattle will be looking to move up with GB to get to 15. Just read an article predicting the trade and GB adding a 3rd and another pick.

Get another 2nd; we can't draft in round 3

Ideally a qb falls and the Packers trade back and add more picks in the 25-85 range.

God what if Guter picked up another third and hit on them both?

End times.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I vote for edge - Van ness at 15 or trade down for OT Darnell Wright