View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Gute To Draft At #15?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaxon Smith-Njigba - WR - Ohio St.

2 16.67%
  • Broderick Jones - OT - Georgia

1 8.33%
  • Zay Flowers - WR - Boston College

0 0%
  • Nolan Smith - EDGE - Georgia

0 0%
  • Joey Porter - CB - Penn St.

0 0%
  • Darnell Wright - OT - Tennessee

0 0%
  • Calijah Kancey - DL - Pittsburgh

1 8.33%
  • Myles Murphy - EDGE - Clemson

4 33.33%
  • Jordan Addison - WR- USC

0 0%
  • Bijan Robinson - RB - Texas

0 0%
  • Deonte Banks - CB - Maryland

0 0%
  • Quentin Johnson - WR - TCU

0 0%
  • Brian Branch - S - Alabama

0 0%
  • John Michael Schmitz - IOL - Minnesota

0 0%
  • Dalton Kincaid - TE - Utah

0 0%
  • Michael Mayer - TE - Notre Dame

2 16.67%
  • Darnell Washington - TE - Georgia

0 0%
  • Other

1 8.33%
  • Trade up for...

0 0%
  • Trade down for...

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who Do You Want Gute To Draft At #15?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    God what if Guter picked up another third and hit on them both?

End times.
    It would be a testament to the triumph of the human spirit. Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It would be a testament to the triumph of the human spirit. Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!
    Did we quit when Ted drafted Damarius Randall and Quentin Rollins in 2015? NO!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Myles Murphy was my vote if he was there. He seems to be too gifted to pass up or trade back. I wouldn't trade up for him.

Classic line from a classic movie.

Problem is, I'll probably be quoting a different movie after Day 1:
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm8fYf53SMg

Did we quit when Ted drafted Damarius Randall and Quentin Rollins in 2015? NO!
    Obviously I was in a different head space in 2015 when it came to the Packers, but this was probably when Thompson should have been put to pasture. At the time I enjoyed it.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    So glad this is his last draft
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

TE Michael Mayer

I'm not for Mayer at 15, but I won't be strongly opposed if it happens. I think he's one of the safest picks in the draft. Very high floor, almost no chance he's a bust.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm not for Mayer at 15, but I won't be strongly opposed if it happens. I think he's one of the safest picks in the draft. Very high floor, almost no chance he's a bust.
    I agree that he's a safe pick. My second choice is Van Ness

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Obviously I was in a different head space in 2015 when it came to the Packers, but this was probably when Thompson should have been put to pasture. At the time I enjoyed it.
    My experience with people who've been diagnosed (my father-in-law, my brother) is that after the "official" diagnosis, people begin to go back and re-think what came before, and most of the time come to the conclusion that the dementia was probably developing long, long before the actual diagnosis was made.

I think this may have been what happened with Thompson, and I don't know if you can tie that to draft picks, but he certainly lost his luster as a draftnik at this point. Still had some good picks after that, but not nearly so many. I blame Murphy for letting Thompson stay too long. Not only was it a disservice to the team, I think it was a disservice to Thompson, who by the accounts I've read really just liked the scouting part best and probably would've been fine having the GM duties taken and assigned to scout once again.

I have to say I'm not a huge Mark Murphy fan. Obviously the team has had success, and it's a damn money machine, but as far as some of his organizational decisions, I'm not a huge fan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oh. So my first pick would also be that Clemson Edge rusher.

KYPack

I have to say I'm not a huge Mark Murphy fan. Obviously the team has had success, and it's a damn money machine, but as far as some of his organizational decisions, I'm not a huge fan.
    As a digression: I'm not a fan of his either. I have no proof but there are times where it feels like he's meddled, and there have been times where at a minimum he's contributed to bungling things related to Rodgers.
    I will say that if you judge him solely by his role in growing the business and making the Green Bay Packers profitable, he's done a very good job. If you believe some reports, between the team itself and Titletown District they have practically been printing money in recent years.

Murphy will have a complicated legacy that I think will soften in time, but I know a lot of fans don't care for him.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    As a digression: I'm not a fan of his either. I have no proof but there are times where it feels like he's meddled, and there have been times where at a minimum he's contributed to bungling things related to Rodgers.
    I will say that if you judge him solely by his role in growing the business and making the Green Bay Packers profitable, he's done a very good job. If you believe some reports, between the team itself and Titletown District they have practically been printing money in recent years.

Murphy will have a complicated legacy that I think will soften in time, but I know a lot of fans don't care for him.
    Just to get us back on track with the thread, and just because I'm avoiding work, I'll mention here that apparently Ron Wolf used the #15 overall pick in 1993 to draft Wayne Simmons.

I'd love to see a Wayne Simmons-level player drafted at #15, complete with the nastiness but without the stupidity of, say, Quay Walker last year a few times.

Though I'm sure Simmons wouldn't have been able to play that style of his - he was flat-out nasty - in today's game.

KYPack

Just to get us back on track with the thread, and just because I'm avoiding work, I'll mention here that apparently Ron Wolf used the #15 overall pick in 1993 to draft Wayne Simmons.

I'd love to see a Wayne Simmons-level player drafted at #15, complete with the nastiness but without the stupidity of, say, Quay Walker last year a few times.

Though I'm sure Simmons wouldn't have been able to play that style of his - he was flat-out nasty - in today's game.
    Doubtful. I expect he'd be considered a dirty player. Maybe not Vontaze Burfict bad, but still.
    I agree GB's defense could use a few wardaddy-types, or glass-eaters or ass-kickers or whatever you want to call them. They have some chirpy guys in the secondary, but I don't think they are an especially physical or rugged defense. One or two of them can change a defense completely.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Doubtful. I expect he'd be considered a dirty player. Maybe not Vontaze Burfict bad, but still.
    I agree GB's defense could use a few wardaddy-types, or glass-eaters or ass-kickers or whatever you want to call them. They have some chirpy guys in the secondary, but I don't think they are an especially physical or rugged defense. One or two of them can change a defense completely.
    do those exist anymore?

Outside of a few games, Wayne Simmons's play was mostly uneventful as a Packer. I was in my teens when he played for the Packers, and I do remember some of his violence on the field in Green Bay but simply I don't think there was enough of it.

I guess memories are different. I was in my thirties, and I remember him being pretty impactful and violent, to the point some teams ran away from his side. Or maybe I just can't stop thinking about that Amp Lee throwdown. It was just so sweet.

KYPack

Hello everyone, new to this site..
    anyhow, here is what I’d like to see Gute do..

1.) trade back to the lower 20’s and pick up an additional second. Maybe the cowboys want to trade up to get bijan.
    Or
    2) a small trade back, pick up an additional pick and draft bresee(sp). Packers are near the bottom of the league in rushing defense. The need some beef on the line

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    Hello everyone, new to this site..
    anyhow, here is what I’d like to see Gute do..

1.) trade back to the lower 20’s and pick up an additional second. Maybe the cowboys want to trade up to get bijan.
    Or
    2) a small trade back, pick up an additional pick and draft bresee(sp). Packers are near the bottom of the league in rushing defense. The need some beef on the line
    What’s up Travis. Welcome to the forum. This post was not visible until right now because your account hadnt been activated completely. It is now and you’re able to post and everyone can see it.