There’s a relatively recent phenomenon that comes to mind here in which “those who are deemed to have acted or spoken in an unacceptable manner are ostracized, boycotted or shunned” - it’s called Cancel Culture.
Disagree with me all you want but it’s about taking a strip out of people nowadays, heck we’re guilty of trying to disgrace men any which way we can.
Men aren’t perfect, period! I’ve yet to meet a man who is beyond some sort of criticism.
If you asked Cherry Starr from time to time she’d tell you Bart had his moments. Barbara Nicklaus would also surely reveal Jack has his faults.
What I’m saying is those 2 men are about as perfect a Sports hero I’ve ever come across and surely they’ve done wrong.
Now with that said we know there certainly ARE levels of human wrong doing.

Brett Favre’s listed net worth is over $100 million. He’s not the money earner he use to be and probably tries to find ways to bring more bacon home. Deanna more than likely has the funds mostly under lock and key which might account for the family’s cheapness.
Over the years Brett’s ability to earn lots of money has lead Deanna to look the other way with his infidelity, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors between them.

So Brett Favre’s made mistakes, he’s not the polished human being like the Bart Starr or Jack Nicklaus sort. But how many of us truly are?
Ya there’s been some indiscretions there with the “welfare funds.” But what’s very telling to me is how Brett has laid down defamation suits against Shannon Sharpe and Pat McAfee. These suits reflect an “enough is enough” attitude. He’s heard just about enough of the slamming, and I’m sure if you spoke with Brett he’d tell you most of what’s being reported is trash.
In the end I’d love to hear his side of the story.

“Brett Favre, an NFL ironman who played in a record 299 consecutive games, posted totals of 6,300 completions, 10,169 attempts, 71,838 yards, and 508 touchdowns.
including being the only quarterback to have won three consecutive AP NFL MVP awards and being the first quarterback to win a playoff game after turning 40.

He’s an NFL Hall of Famer and a Green Bay Packer Legend that will always remain on MY very short list of Sports heroes.