Thread: Any Legend Brett Favre news?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don’t idolize your sports hero’s, it will only lead to disappointment

Favre and his family always loved making money, but never wanted to pay a cent for anything

Instead of reaching into his own deep pockets to help get a new volleyball count or whatever the hell he wanted to build for his daughter at her college, he managed to talk others into taking welfare money and funneling it into the university. And you know damn well he would have demanded his name be put on it

And I believe there are recording of all the conversations. Fave started out saying he didn’t know it was welfare money, but then there is a recording of him talking about where the money came from. So busted

This is a brain dead hillibilly, who barely has the brain cells to stand. Who has managed to fuck over just about everyone he’s come in contact with in his life. From cheating on his wife “many times, not just the well known one”. To screwing over the people of Wisconsin by getting drunk as shit and raping and fucking up the area in his early years. To continuing to be a drunk even after he famously got “clean”. To fucking over the packers and us the fans by playing the retirement game every year for about a decade, then giving the Vikings our playbook while a jet, to forcing his way to the queens to really screw us over. To fucking over his fellow Mississippians by trying to funnel their tax dollars into something that would benifit himself.

But we over look all this, because he was recalling fun to watch for 15 season, and helped bring our first Super Bowl in a long time

This human paraquat, doesn’t deserve an ounce of sympathy from anyone

Now, with all that said. This has no chance of not ending up in FYI

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Don’t idolize your sports hero’s, it will only lead to disappointment

Favre and his family always loved making money, but never wanted to pay a cent for anything

Instead of reaching into his own deep pockets to help get a new volleyball count or whatever the hell he wanted to build for his daughter at her college, he managed to talk others into taking welfare money and funneling it into the university. And you know damn well he would have demanded his name be put on it

And I believe there are recording of all the conversations. Fave started out saying he didn’t know it was welfare money, but then there is a recording of him talking about where the money came from. So busted

This is a brain dead hillibilly, who barely has the brain cells to stand. Who has managed to fuck over just about everyone he’s come in contact with in his life. From cheating on his wife “many times, not just the well known one”. To screwing over the people of Wisconsin by getting drunk as shit and raping and fucking up the area in his early years. To continuing to be a drunk even after he famously got “clean”. To fucking over the packers and us the fans by playing the retirement game every year for about a decade, then giving the Vikings our playbook while a jet, to forcing his way to the queens to really screw us over. To fucking over his fellow Mississippians by trying to funnel their tax dollars into something that would benifit himself.

But we over look all this, because he was recalling fun to watch for 15 season, and helped bring our first Super Bowl in a long time

This human paraquat, doesn’t deserve an ounce of sympathy from anyone

Now, with all that said. This has no chance of not ending up in FYI
    I don't see anything political at all about what you said. Largely accurate. I've met many pro athletes. Most are douchebags. The few I liked got horrible reps as team mates and in the media (Alex Rodriguez and Terrell Owens for example). Derek Jeter came across as an entitled frat boy.

But the gist of your post goes to what I said about ARod. We aren't really sick of his schtick, we are sick of the results on the field.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I don't see anything political at all about what you said. Largely accurate. I've met many pro athletes. Most are douchebags. The few I liked got horrible reps as team mates and in the media (Alex Rodriguez and Terrell Owens for example). Derek Jeter came across as an entitled frat boy.

But the gist of your post goes to what I said about ARod. We aren't really sick of his schtick, we are sick of the results on the field.
    ...And that is the truth. Guys can be rapists or child-beaters or cheaters, and for the most part, they get away with it - as long as they are stars on the field. But the minute that performance slips, we're all of a sudden indignant at their terrible behaviors.

You've also got to consider that many, most, of these guys have been told from a very young age that they were special. So they got special treatment as a result of their athletic prowess: passed through their classes in high school and college without having to do much if any work. Slide past trouble other people would get busted for because the school needed them in the big game. Girls provided. Drugs. Everybody wants to be their friend, most everybody wants to lick their asses. You give this kind of life to any human being, and that person is bound to be changed by the experience. Mostly not for the good. Mostly those people start believing they ARE different, they ARE special, because that's what they've been told their whole life. So it's all understandable. Sad, but understandable.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Most, of these guys have been told from a very young age that they were special. So they got special treatment as a result of their athletic prowess: passed through their classes in high school and college without having to do much if any work. Slide past trouble other people would get busted for because the school needed them in the big game. Girls provided. Drugs. Everybody wants to be their friend, most everybody wants to lick their asses. You give this kind of life to any human being, and that person is bound to be changed by the experience. Mostly not for the good. Mostly those people start believing they ARE different, they ARE special, because that's what they've been told their whole life. So it's all understandable. Sad, but understandable.
    Okay, I'm dumb here for jumping in, but I don't think Lorenzo meets the Golden Boy archetype. According to the Legend of Favre that we were sold during his Packer days, Brett was the QB for his dad's run-heavy wishbone offense. He got one of the last spots in Southern Miss's roster as a favor for his dad. USM's quarterbacks went down like Spinal Tap drummers, and Brett went from #6 to starter. He drank himself into a car accident in college, almost drank himself out of the league in Atlanta, got a career-saving trade to Atlanta, and then almost drank himself out in Green Bay.
    If addiction is a coping mechanism, then Brett's been running from himself most of his playing career.

I think to be a successful not-predicted MVP QB in the NFL, there has to be something wrong, maybe toxic, with you to work that hard and take as many chances. Brett and Aaron both are carrying something that pushed them to exceed their expected spots in the NCAA. And both of them wouldn't be their selves without a furnace full of chips.

(Now, modern-day Brett is deffo an entitled stingy prick. But we all have our problems to deal with or suffer from.)
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ...And that is the truth. Guys can be rapists or child-beaters or cheaters, and for the most part, they get away with it - as long as they are stars on the field. But the minute that performance slips, we're all of a sudden indignant at their terrible behaviors.

You've also got to consider that many, most, of these guys have been told from a very young age that they were special. So they got special treatment as a result of their athletic prowess: passed through their classes in high school and college without having to do much if any work. Slide past trouble other people would get busted for because the school needed them in the big game. Girls provided. Drugs. Everybody wants to be their friend, most everybody wants to lick their asses. You give this kind of life to any human being, and that person is bound to be changed by the experience. Mostly not for the good. Mostly those people start believing they ARE different, they ARE special, because that's what they've been told their whole life. So it's all understandable. Sad, but understandable.
    QFT

Entitlement is one hell of a drug.

nvm

deleted