Thread: Any Legend Brett Favre news?

Any Legend Brett Favre news?

Still one of the top NFL athletes I’ve come to know during all my born days.
    I’m talking Full-drool cup years ago when Brett Favre spoke, even the packed bar during several years the place went hush when Brett Favre spoke.

Last I heard amongst level minded men is if there was anything at all on Brett, he would have already been indicted. Please tell me this is true.
    Please tell me our legend isn’t stressing at this stage of his life.
    Shit, I’ve always thought Packer history books would be written about him as our All-Wisconsin chiseled MAN who hunts each Fall. Unblemished sort that’s beyond reproach.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 04-15-2023 at 06:10 PM.

Don’t idolize your sports hero’s, it will only lead to disappointment

Favre and his family always loved making money, but never wanted to pay a cent for anything

Instead of reaching into his own deep pockets to help get a new volleyball count or whatever the hell he wanted to build for his daughter at her college, he managed to talk others into taking welfare money and funneling it into the university. And you know damn well he would have demanded his name be put on it

And I believe there are recording of all the conversations. Fave started out saying he didn’t know it was welfare money, but then there is a recording of him talking about where the money came from. So busted

This is a brain dead hillibilly, who barely has the brain cells to stand. Who has managed to fuck over just about everyone he’s come in contact with in his life. From cheating on his wife “many times, not just the well known one”. To screwing over the people of Wisconsin by getting drunk as shit and raping and fucking up the area in his early years. To continuing to be a drunk even after he famously got “clean”. To fucking over the packers and us the fans by playing the retirement game every year for about a decade, then giving the Vikings our playbook while a jet, to forcing his way to the queens to really screw us over. To fucking over his fellow Mississippians by trying to funnel their tax dollars into something that would benifit himself.

But we over look all this, because he was recalling fun to watch for 15 season, and helped bring our first Super Bowl in a long time

This human paraquat, doesn’t deserve an ounce of sympathy from anyone

Now, with all that said. This has no chance of not ending up in FYI

Bert is just white trash that could take a beating and chuck a ball reel gud.

Without all that, he's like any other trailer park denizen fucking his kid's baby sitter while his wife is cashiering at the Kwik Trip.

The only disagreement I like have is that he's not dumb. Athletically talented with a high pain tolerance, yup. What he didn't know in terminology, he compensated with intuition and very good recall. He might not know "nickel," but he remembered what a team would run against him from the last game it lined five DBs and spaced out its linebackers. Terminally wanted to be wanted and liked. Didn't marry Deanna until after their daughter turned seven and he went through his first stint in rehab.

My college roommate grew up in Hattiesburg and his USM alum parents took him to a bunch of Brett's games. He said Brett wouldn't stop hitting on his (my roomie's, not Brett's) second cousin. He also has an autographed football from a bunch that Brett signed as an under-the-table way to get out of rehab early.

If Favre was really dumb and easily swayed, I wouldn't have as much of a problem siphoning federal dollars for hungry families through the governor's friends. He just wanted a fancy playpen for his second daughter and didn't want to have to pay for it all himself. It sucks when you're the most successful athletic alum and your alma mater won't stop hitting you up for money, but he knew where the money came from and chose to play along (and by "play along," I mean to be paid in advance for speeches he never had to deliver).
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Last I heard amongst level minded men is if there was anything at all on Brett, he would have already been indicted. Please tell me this is true.
    This is not true. When a suspect has means and the case is potentially complex, it can take quite a while before an indictment happens. It also depends a lot on the prosecutor involved in the case. This doesn't mean that he will get indicted or he won't, just that the fact he hasn't doesn't mean won't. Given his notoriety, there will likely be a definitive statement one way or another.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Don’t idolize your sports hero’s, it will only lead to disappointment

Favre and his family always loved making money, but never wanted to pay a cent for anything

Instead of reaching into his own deep pockets to help get a new volleyball count or whatever the hell he wanted to build for his daughter at her college, he managed to talk others into taking welfare money and funneling it into the university. And you know damn well he would have demanded his name be put on it

And I believe there are recording of all the conversations. Fave started out saying he didn’t know it was welfare money, but then there is a recording of him talking about where the money came from. So busted

This is a brain dead hillibilly, who barely has the brain cells to stand. Who has managed to fuck over just about everyone he’s come in contact with in his life. From cheating on his wife “many times, not just the well known one”. To screwing over the people of Wisconsin by getting drunk as shit and raping and fucking up the area in his early years. To continuing to be a drunk even after he famously got “clean”. To fucking over the packers and us the fans by playing the retirement game every year for about a decade, then giving the Vikings our playbook while a jet, to forcing his way to the queens to really screw us over. To fucking over his fellow Mississippians by trying to funnel their tax dollars into something that would benifit himself.

But we over look all this, because he was recalling fun to watch for 15 season, and helped bring our first Super Bowl in a long time

This human paraquat, doesn’t deserve an ounce of sympathy from anyone

Now, with all that said. This has no chance of not ending up in FYI
    I don't see anything political at all about what you said. Largely accurate. I've met many pro athletes. Most are douchebags. The few I liked got horrible reps as team mates and in the media (Alex Rodriguez and Terrell Owens for example). Derek Jeter came across as an entitled frat boy.

But the gist of your post goes to what I said about ARod. We aren't really sick of his schtick, we are sick of the results on the field.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I don't see anything political at all about what you said. Largely accurate. I've met many pro athletes. Most are douchebags. The few I liked got horrible reps as team mates and in the media (Alex Rodriguez and Terrell Owens for example). Derek Jeter came across as an entitled frat boy.

But the gist of your post goes to what I said about ARod. We aren't really sick of his schtick, we are sick of the results on the field.
    ...And that is the truth. Guys can be rapists or child-beaters or cheaters, and for the most part, they get away with it - as long as they are stars on the field. But the minute that performance slips, we're all of a sudden indignant at their terrible behaviors.

You've also got to consider that many, most, of these guys have been told from a very young age that they were special. So they got special treatment as a result of their athletic prowess: passed through their classes in high school and college without having to do much if any work. Slide past trouble other people would get busted for because the school needed them in the big game. Girls provided. Drugs. Everybody wants to be their friend, most everybody wants to lick their asses. You give this kind of life to any human being, and that person is bound to be changed by the experience. Mostly not for the good. Mostly those people start believing they ARE different, they ARE special, because that's what they've been told their whole life. So it's all understandable. Sad, but understandable.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

nvm

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Most, of these guys have been told from a very young age that they were special. So they got special treatment as a result of their athletic prowess: passed through their classes in high school and college without having to do much if any work. Slide past trouble other people would get busted for because the school needed them in the big game. Girls provided. Drugs. Everybody wants to be their friend, most everybody wants to lick their asses. You give this kind of life to any human being, and that person is bound to be changed by the experience. Mostly not for the good. Mostly those people start believing they ARE different, they ARE special, because that's what they've been told their whole life. So it's all understandable. Sad, but understandable.
    Okay, I'm dumb here for jumping in, but I don't think Lorenzo meets the Golden Boy archetype. According to the Legend of Favre that we were sold during his Packer days, Brett was the QB for his dad's run-heavy wishbone offense. He got one of the last spots in Southern Miss's roster as a favor for his dad. USM's quarterbacks went down like Spinal Tap drummers, and Brett went from #6 to starter. He drank himself into a car accident in college, almost drank himself out of the league in Atlanta, got a career-saving trade to Atlanta, and then almost drank himself out in Green Bay.
    If addiction is a coping mechanism, then Brett's been running from himself most of his playing career.

I think to be a successful not-predicted MVP QB in the NFL, there has to be something wrong, maybe toxic, with you to work that hard and take as many chances. Brett and Aaron both are carrying something that pushed them to exceed their expected spots in the NCAA. And both of them wouldn't be their selves without a furnace full of chips.

(Now, modern-day Brett is deffo an entitled stingy prick. But we all have our problems to deal with or suffer from.)
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Good post, News.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ...And that is the truth. Guys can be rapists or child-beaters or cheaters, and for the most part, they get away with it - as long as they are stars on the field. But the minute that performance slips, we're all of a sudden indignant at their terrible behaviors.

You've also got to consider that many, most, of these guys have been told from a very young age that they were special. So they got special treatment as a result of their athletic prowess: passed through their classes in high school and college without having to do much if any work. Slide past trouble other people would get busted for because the school needed them in the big game. Girls provided. Drugs. Everybody wants to be their friend, most everybody wants to lick their asses. You give this kind of life to any human being, and that person is bound to be changed by the experience. Mostly not for the good. Mostly those people start believing they ARE different, they ARE special, because that's what they've been told their whole life. So it's all understandable. Sad, but understandable.
    QFT

Entitlement is one hell of a drug.

Well said, Fritz. I don’t like most of these pampered quarterbacks. And even less so when they get to 40 after too many years of idol worship to resist. But we’d all probably turn out like that if we got that treatment.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

There’s a relatively recent phenomenon that comes to mind here in which “those who are deemed to have acted or spoken in an unacceptable manner are ostracized, boycotted or shunned” - it’s called Cancel Culture.
    Disagree with me all you want but it’s about taking a strip out of people nowadays, heck we’re guilty of trying to disgrace men any which way we can.
    Men aren’t perfect, period! I’ve yet to meet a man who is beyond some sort of criticism.
    If you asked Cherry Starr from time to time she’d tell you Bart had his moments. Barbara Nicklaus would also surely reveal Jack has his faults.
    What I’m saying is those 2 men are about as perfect a Sports hero I’ve ever come across and surely they’ve done wrong.
    Now with that said we know there certainly ARE levels of human wrong doing.

Brett Favre’s listed net worth is over $100 million. He’s not the money earner he use to be and probably tries to find ways to bring more bacon home. Deanna more than likely has the funds mostly under lock and key which might account for the family’s cheapness.
    Over the years Brett’s ability to earn lots of money has lead Deanna to look the other way with his infidelity, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors between them.

So Brett Favre’s made mistakes, he’s not the polished human being like the Bart Starr or Jack Nicklaus sort. But how many of us truly are?
    Ya there’s been some indiscretions there with the “welfare funds.” But what’s very telling to me is how Brett has laid down defamation suits against Shannon Sharpe and Pat McAfee. These suits reflect an “enough is enough” attitude. He’s heard just about enough of the slamming, and I’m sure if you spoke with Brett he’d tell you most of what’s being reported is trash.
    In the end I’d love to hear his side of the story.

“Brett Favre, an NFL ironman who played in a record 299 consecutive games, posted totals of 6,300 completions, 10,169 attempts, 71,838 yards, and 508 touchdowns.
    including being the only quarterback to have won three consecutive AP NFL MVP awards and being the first quarterback to win a playoff game after turning 40.

He’s an NFL Hall of Famer and a Green Bay Packer Legend that will always remain on MY very short list of Sports heroes.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think we all loved watching Favre lead the Green Bay Packers. His charisma and character rivaled that of the storied Joe Namath, his arm strength has no rival, his gamesmanship also had no rival. He made football fun again in Green Bay and I don't think anyone will ever forget that. He won three MVP's and had the talent to win several more. He was hard headed and when Holmgren left it sort of let the kid have the keys to the fun house. I think we all can say we truly appreciated what he did on the field when he was a Packer.

His life outside of football has not been pretty, I am really disappointed in the welfare scandal, and then him going around trying to sue guys like Pat McAfee for defamation. As far as all the off the field stuff, I was always surprised that Brett kept it together as well as he did on the field with all of his addiction stuff, and his wild shenanigans. I am astounded that he didn't crash and and completely burn out of the League. He was at the time only one of two QB that had two 100 million contracts, the other was Mike Vick.

As far as the addictions stuff I think he has pretty much kicked most of it and started training and working out for triathlons. He then partnered with some company that was working CTE and concussion rehab stuff and then made claims that he had thousands of concussions. They guy should really have just stayed on his John Deere after he retired.