Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drafting Jordan Love, instead of a WR...such as Tee HIggins

5 23.81%
  • See Round 3 every year, you dumbass

2 9.52%
  • Not Locking up Devonte Adams when he could have, the year before he left

1 4.76%
  • Not trading Aaron initially, and instead giving up power and the huge contract we are in now

13 61.90%
  • Trading Aaron Rodgers, assuming it occurs (for you Tex)

0 0%

Thread: WHAT IS GUTEBAG'S BIGGEST MISTAKE/S SO FAR AS OUR GM ????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I voted not trading Rodgers, although I'm not sure it was all Gute's decision.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Thst is a very valid point as I've heard many imply MM had a huge say in not allowing Arod to be traded
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    To me, this is his biggest mistake - an error of omission, as it were - although I understand the reasons he did not move on from Rodgers. Surely we can see the logic of wanting to "run it back" with the same crew that had had so much success the previous three years, and had gotten so close to the SB. Now, that's coming from someone - me - who was on record last offseason of wanting Rodgers gone, since he seemed to be turning into that old HOF QB who thinks he's always the smartest guy in any room.

So while it was the biggest mistake, it's an understandable one, and one that cannot be laid entirely at Guter's feet, as Mark Murphy is the one who created the dumb "silo" system and apparently, like some kind of hyper-involved NFL owner, also decided HE should have a hand in player personnel decisions and pushed Guter to NOT trade Rodgers.

But we can say with some certainty that Guter is in charge of the draft, and his third round selections range from "meh" to "Jaysus that sucked." His first draft? Oren Burks, a decent special teams guy and nothing more - no instinct for the game, bad angles. So - a third round pick for a ST guy. Next year? The mighty Jace Sternberger, who apparently recently caught a touchdown pass for some XFL or USFL team in Alabama or something. Sheesh. That guy was never right, not from day one. But in 2020 Guter redeemed himself with the mighty Josiah Deguara. I know KYPack liked the guy, but he's just a blocker who occasionally catches a pass, and is he THAT good of a blocker to be worth a third? He's a guy. But Guter had the next year to make up for that one, so let's move on to Amari Rodgers, perhaps the worst third round pick since Brett Conway in 1997. But if you thought Guter couldn't top that shit-stained bed, then take a look at last year's third round pick . . . wait, what was his name again? You know, that guy who disappeared the minute he got to camp, and only re-emerged when he got suspended for six games later in the season. You know, that guy who, I think, didn't play a single minute in a regular season game. Yeah, that guy. Sean Rhyan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack