Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drafting Jordan Love, instead of a WR...such as Tee HIggins

5 23.81%
  • See Round 3 every year, you dumbass

2 9.52%
  • Not Locking up Devonte Adams when he could have, the year before he left

1 4.76%
  • Not trading Aaron initially, and instead giving up power and the huge contract we are in now

13 61.90%
  • Trading Aaron Rodgers, assuming it occurs (for you Tex)

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WHAT IS GUTEBAG'S BIGGEST MISTAKE/S SO FAR AS OUR GM ????

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    There was a online poll I saw from a Wisconsin television station about Rodgers saying he intends to play for the Jets with about 1000 responses. It was something like 60% just glad it was over, 35% very happy and 5% upset.

Ding dong is the 5%.......

Y'all know JLove is going to cost basically as much or maybe even more than Rodgers next year if he is pretty good, right? To me the cost is irrelevant to the discussion. He got a market rate contract. I don't think the contract was foolish. The Packers wanted ARod to sign an extension - what other number would a back-to-back MVP sign for? That's what QBs cost these days.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Y'all know JLove is going to cost basically as much or maybe even more than Rodgers next year if he is pretty good, right? To me the cost is irrelevant to the discussion. He got a market rate contract. I don't think the contract was foolish. The Packers wanted ARod to sign an extension - what other number would a back-to-back MVP sign for? That's what QBs cost these days.
    We can only hope we're lucky enough to have a third great QB in a row.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Love will make nothing close to what ARod will make unless we go 10-7 and make a deep playoff run. He will make good money but not ARod and Mahommes money.

I don't think the overall money was the problem but how it was structured.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I don't even think he needs to be great. ARod is already the third highest paid QB behind Hurts and Wilson, arguably Watson too. I suspect that Kirk Cousins (leverage), Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, and Justin Herbert will exceed or be in the same ball park as Rodgers in annual compensation rate in the next 12 months. Looking at 18 months, I suspect Love, if he doesn't totally bust, will be right there, along with Trevor Lawrence, Tua, etc.

So, it's not like he's crazy out of whack. The *structure* of the Rodgers contract is more than outlier than the money, and that is 100% due to covid and the Packers cap situation than leverage or maliciousness on ARods part, etc.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Drafting Love, good thing this will be his last draft, Love will be benched week 10. I 100% hope I am eating crow next year!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Here's what would be wild: if the Packers surprised everyone and took that Hendon Hooker guy out of Tennessee. That would set the town abuzz. Maybe even the NFL. It would give the talking heads something to yammer on and on and on about.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Here's what would be wild: if the Packers surprised everyone and took that Hendon Hooker guy out of Tennessee. That would set the town abuzz. Maybe even the NFL. It would give the talking heads something to yammer on and on and on about.
    What's wrong with lining up a backup for your starter as insurance? Are we worried Love will threaten to retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    They is going to happen. Not only is it going to happen, it is the right thing to do. Hendon Henderson is going to be a good player IMO. He has a great arm and seems like a great kid.

Just keep in mind that Hooker tore his ACL late in the 2022 season, and played in a spread offense very different from anything in the NFL. He's a developmental player who likely would not be able to be the backup in 2023. How high of a pick do you want to use on a guy who figures to maybe be your backup in 2024 by which time he will be 26 years old?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Henderson could be a 5 year great starter. Maybe longer! I see a lot of talent there. Of course, I’m the same guy that insists that Chase McSorley would be a good NFL QB if he was a few inches taller so ymmv.

heard demovsky mention on the radio today that the same year they gave the keys to rodgers, they took brohm in the second and flynn in the 7th. brohm was pretty highly touted

so its not unheard of to draft a QB in the first year of a new QB reign and we do need a backup