Thread: Does Nutz Actually Become A Packer Fan Again?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Does Nutz Actually Become A Packer Fan Again?

Thompson is dead and hopefully cremated, McCarthy has been fired, and Rodgers has now been traded. Is my grudge over with the Packers franchise?
    or
    Have I just soured on the NFL product after all these years and my only interest is the NFL Draft?

Things to ponder.....

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The guy who always accused me of ego. Not enough attention on Tiktok?

Who give a fuck about your grudge, just like everyone else you have been watching all the games. You been the NFL's bitch. Would have been impressed if you just showed up today saying you had boycotted this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Thompson is dead and hopefully cremated, McCarthy has been fired, and Rodgers has now been traded. Is my grudge over with the Packers franchise?
    or
    Have I just soured on the NFL product after all these years and my only interest is the NFL Draft?

Things to ponder.....
    Nutz my man, I follow it but I never live and die for football anymore. Watching more English football to be honest.

Maybe as you get older you realize whether your team wins or loses doesn’t really matter all that much. In some ways, it’s more enjoyable - I watch the game differently (I don’t scream at the TV any more) and enjoy the athleticism these guys display (except for Amari Rodgers). So Nutzy, you’re probably just getting older. It changes you. Time for a whole new generation of fans to scream at the TV, neglect their loved ones, and spiral into depression if the Packers lose that week.

Ah, the good old days.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Why would you have had a grudge against all those guys? Too many wins? Too many NFCC games?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Maybe as you get older you realize whether your team wins or loses doesn’t really matter all that much. In some ways, it’s more enjoyable - I watch the game differently (I don’t scream at the TV any more) and enjoy the athleticism these guys display (except for Amari Rodgers). So Nutzy, you’re probably just getting older. It changes you. Time for a whole new generation of fans to scream at the TV, neglect their loved ones, and spiral into depression if the Packers lose that week.

Ah, the good old days.

I'm with you Fritz, while not true for everyone it does fade. When I was 19 with my young wife and daughter the Vikes lost in the final minute I punched a cereal box off the coffee table and it flew everywhere. My wife was like, "WTF?". Never happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Ah, the good old days.
    spot on fritzy, i'm the same way

but i also just don't watch football anymore (nfl or college), unless its the packers

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I'm with you Fritz, while not true for everyone it does fade. When I was 19 with my young wife and daughter the Vikes lost in the final minute I punched a cereal box off the coffee table and it flew everywhere. My wife was like, "WTF?". Never happen now.
    Wait, you were married by 19 with offspring? What are you, an Italian redneck?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Wait, you were married by 19 with offspring? What are you, an Italian redneck?
    i've been rewatching the hatfields and mccoys miniseries lately

i can tell you, hillbillies, like those found in west virginia, kentucky, and minnesota, usually marry and have kids early

and usually to a close relative

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    The guy who always accused me of ego. Not enough attention on Tiktok?

Who give a fuck about your grudge, just like everyone else you have been watching all the games. You been the NFL's bitch. Would have been impressed if you just showed up today saying you had boycotted this whole time.
    Fair point, I would like to say I would never not watch football, but I can't bring myself to watch the XFL or any of that other bullshit. I don't have much time in the fall to plan my Sunday around the Packers, If the game is on and I can watch it while I am enjoying time with friends or I have the game on when I am breaking down film fine. If we have a 5:30 meeting at the high school on Sunday and we miss the last quarter of the late afternoon game, or miss the first half of the Sunday night game I could care less.

It certainly beats being so sick do to a loss to the Giants in overtime that you are literally puking in your friends driveway, or trying to fight an old man at a Chinese restaurant bar.
    BTW, This whole damn forum was built on my grudge of the Packers!

College football is going to be so much better now that the clock doesn't stop on every first down.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well shit, you really redeemed yourself with that last sentence. That is great news!

Glad Rodgers is gone. After the Favre disaster, There was a decent percentage of packer fans over 40 who couldn’t get behind Rodgers. Bretsky, Nutz and my mom among them. Sure, there are a few die hard Rodgers guys and gals, but mostly the fan base is reunited with Rodgers departing. Hope Love is the next great Packer QB! I’m not as worried about the 30 somethings that love Rodgers being out of the loop. I’d rather have the over 40’s back on the wagon.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Rodgers is a dick

Rodgers is a dick
    Thought that was Richard Rodgers?
    60% of the time it works every time.

Rodgers is a dick
    As are 90% of the pro athletes that most of us cheer for. It only became a problem when he stopped winning. Love is probably a dick also. And whoever else you like.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    As are 90% of the pro athletes that most of us cheer for. It only became a problem when he stopped winning. Love is probably a dick also. And whoever else you like.
    Depends on how much professional women's sports you watch.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack