Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
I always thought 10 - 6 was the marker for real success. To me, 9 - 7 is okay, but it means you're barely above average.

Now that the season is 17 games, I suppose 10 - 7 is a solid season, but that's the minimum as a successful, winning regular season. Just the way I view it.

I do wonder if the Packers will be picked to finish third or last this year. I mean, if Justin Fields is going to emerge, this ought to be the year, no? And everybody is piling onto the Loins' bandwagon.

We shall see. So much now depends upon the rest of the Packer team doing its part. I'm confidenct special teams will do its part - what a change from the past! - but not so sure about Joe Barely's defense.
And of course Love is the great unknown.
OK, I'll bag on the Bears a little.

They spent how much on a pair of off ball linebackers, and after trading Roquan?

Getting DJ Moore is nice, but will Justin Fields just overthrow him?
Will the OL protect Fields or will he hold the ball and get crushed? Will his days as a running QB come to a catastrophic end via ACL injury?

How's that Chase Claypool trade working out?

I think the Lions are the favorites, but I also think it will be tougher sledding than they think. They aren't going to surprise anyone this year, they'll have a tougher schedule, and i still think Dan Campbell is flaky. His OC is gonna be a HC next year, and swapping David Montgomery for Jamaal Williams could be a net loss in the locker room. Their OL is very good, but can Goff repeat his year? Oh, and there's the gambling thing. They have a lot more scrutiny and expectations this year, not sure how they will handle it.

The Vikes are trying to run it back and rebuild at the same time, with only a few draft picks and not much cap space. I don't know if it will end well for them, tbh. They got super lucky and are due for that infamous regression to the mean on close games. Their defense was gutted, but Brian Flores is a good DC. Weird year for them.