"Letter From A Bears Fan

I gotta say, as a Bears fan [ducks] this is a monumental day. I feel like I almost have to eulogize and pay my respects to this insane run you guys had.

I’m 34, this shit has been going on basically my entire life! I remember growing up, goin down to the lake front or watching on T.V. and seeing Favre lose 90% of the game only to drive down at the end and beat us. The thing about Favre though was, while he absolutely got the best of us. The Bears teams of that era were tough teams. We could hang with the Packers here and there and take games from Favre once and a while. Favre was also harder to hate back then. The way he played the game and the obvious fun he had; there was definitely a begrudging respect I had for it all. Then came Rodgers.

The Rodgers era was hell. The Bears changed from the Lovie Smith era and the bones of a Super Bowl team to the Jay Cutler era which was littered with underachieving teams, losing and clown show after clown show coming to town and setting up its tent in our front office. There was no hope for the vast majority of the Rodgers era.

If Favre was the happy go lucky good old boy, Rodgers was the maniacal serial killer and the Bears were the dumb idiot that got killed first in every movie. I can recite off hand by memory every time the Bears managed to beat Rodgers. Yes, literally because you can count all of them on one hand, 5. Not to mention SO many moments where he just crushed us. The Conte game, the R-E-L-A-X game, the “I own you game”, so many 40 point games, so many blowouts on national tv. I could go on.

I truly hope every fan here appreciated that run for what it was. Yea just two Super Bowls is disappointing, yea you had some playoff flame outs. But God damn, year in and year out the Packers pissed excellence all over the NFC north.

I’ll admit I’m jealous. As a Bears fan I have wandered through the fucking desert searching for just 1 quarterback who wouldn’t piss down his leg every other week and you guys hit two of the greatest QBs of all time back to back.

I have such bad Favre- Rodgers PTSD at this point I don’t even wanna think about Jordan Love because it stresses me out so much, that somehow you might hit 3 in a row and I might have to do this again. Thank God at least for today, it’s over. I couldn’t mean this any more earnestly, fuck you guys. Lol

In closing I’ll say this about Rodgers. Obviously he was great. I’ve said that. But what I’ll remember and appreciate most about Rodgers is that he really leaned into the rivalry. Rodgers embraced being the bad guy to Chicago fans. Not many players have the balls or the want to for something like that, but he did. I respect that aspect of his personality so much. The NFL is better, when this rivalry is good and this rivalry is so much fucking fun when both teams are good. Unfortunately the Bears just didn’t carry their water way too many times.

So I’ll raise my glass to him and to Packers fans tonight and go back to hating you all and celebrating this in the morning.

A Bears fan"