Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Letter From A Bears Fan

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Packers will be dead last in the division, lucky to win a game against the division and they have a real chance at the #1 pick next year.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Never has the NFCN been so unpredictable. Anybody could win it. My guess is at the end of the year all 4 teams will be between 7-10 and 10-7. Even 9-8 could possibly win the division.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 04-27-2023 at 08:25 AM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Packers will be dead last in the division, lucky to win a game against the division and they have a real chance at the #1 pick next year.
    This seems a tad extreme, but anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    You did the math on that? I assume you're averaging in the seasons where Rodgers missed a lot of games or played hurt for large parts?

Not that much worse? hahahaha, I don't recall, RG, were you part of the crowd who always whined that anything short of the Super Bowl was bad?
    I like 11-5 seasons where we don’t win the SB. But I like 6-11 seasons too. There are things to appreciate in all seasons. If Love really stinks (and if he’s not good, I hope he really stinks) we end up with a top 5 pick and another first rounder from the Jets. Next years QB class is supposed to be really too heavy and possibly deep. So with that kind of ammo, there’s a great chance of landing a probowl caliber player. But love does have a chance. The way I see it, we get two quick swipes at a QB or maybe Love pans out. I like our chances.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I always thought 10 - 6 was the marker for real success. To me, 9 - 7 is okay, but it means you're barely above average.

Now that the season is 17 games, I suppose 10 - 7 is a solid season, but that's the minimum as a successful, winning regular season. Just the way I view it.

I do wonder if the Packers will be picked to finish third or last this year. I mean, if Justin Fields is going to emerge, this ought to be the year, no? And everybody is piling onto the Loins' bandwagon.

We shall see. So much now depends upon the rest of the Packer team doing its part. I'm confidenct special teams will do its part - what a change from the past! - but not so sure about Joe Barely's defense.
    And of course Love is the great unknown.
    OK, I'll bag on the Bears a little.

They spent how much on a pair of off ball linebackers, and after trading Roquan?

Getting DJ Moore is nice, but will Justin Fields just overthrow him?
    Will the OL protect Fields or will he hold the ball and get crushed? Will his days as a running QB come to a catastrophic end via ACL injury?

How's that Chase Claypool trade working out?

I think the Lions are the favorites, but I also think it will be tougher sledding than they think. They aren't going to surprise anyone this year, they'll have a tougher schedule, and i still think Dan Campbell is flaky. His OC is gonna be a HC next year, and swapping David Montgomery for Jamaal Williams could be a net loss in the locker room. Their OL is very good, but can Goff repeat his year? Oh, and there's the gambling thing. They have a lot more scrutiny and expectations this year, not sure how they will handle it.

The Vikes are trying to run it back and rebuild at the same time, with only a few draft picks and not much cap space. I don't know if it will end well for them, tbh. They got super lucky and are due for that infamous regression to the mean on close games. Their defense was gutted, but Brian Flores is a good DC. Weird year for them.

The Bears still suck.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The Bears still suck.
    ...and the Vikings swallow.