Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Love’s first game as El Hombre…

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    You didn't look at it though, did you? 2020 they were ranked #2, 2021 #14 (because of Bakh and Jenkins injuries), 2022 #3 overall by PFF. That would be top 5 twice in 3 years, with an explanation for the other year. Individually, Bakhtiari (your so called sacred cow) was the #2 tackle in the league at pass block win rate, Njiman #1 in run block win rate.
    if the QB isn't throwing the ball within 2.5 seconds, it's NOT the fault of the OL. They are metric independent of the QB -- in other words, your (a) or (b) does NOT make a difference. If the QB is not getting rid of the ball in 2.5s it's because he isn't doing something right, or nobody is open (i.e., the receivers fault), or both.

You continue to push false narrative about the OL being mediocre in the face of facts. It's dishonest and makes you less credible.

I agree the OL was not the reason the team missed the playoffs, at least not once they got their preferred lineup of Bakh, Jenkins, Myers, JRJ, Njiman going. Starting Hanson and Newman in the early games before Bakh and Jenkins could play cost them, but over the course of the season it was the D and the QB.

Re: the defense. Did you not notice they swapped out two veteran DL (Reed, Lowry) for a pair of smaller rookies, while basically forcing two unproven young players in starting roles? Has Devonte Wyatt proven he can stop the run? The Eagles ran for almost 400 yards on GB, do you think they will do better with rookie DL Day 3 picks? It doesn't matter if they can rush the passer when it's always 3rd and 2.

I suspect your level of understanding of the DL matches that of the OL. Maybe you don't understand line play, or don't care to. If that's the case you might want to not give an opinion you're willing to die on a hill for unless you actually have some data to back it up.
    It's kinda hilarious that you seem to think you or others in here somehow have better understanding of line play than I do. I'll maybe defer to Nutz and anybody else if they are or have been coaches. It was just junior high and a long time ago, but I actually have. Aside from that, though, as I said in an earlier post, shit swallowed is still shit - in other words, just because there is some media report or website or subjective way of judging things, that doesn't make it not still shit. Bakhtiari #2 at pass blocking at any time, before or after the injury, that just defies anything I have ever seen. And outside of here where there is this clique of true believers, most people I talk to see the same.

I guess it went over your head what I said or asked about the 2.5 second thing. The question is, are they counting until their is a sack or throw? OR are they counting until the pass rusher bolts past the lineman and forces the QB to get mobile - which happens over and over and over and over against the Packers O Line?

You, with your great understanding of D Line play shouldn't need this explained, but I will anyway: In Barry's D - for better or worse, and most D's these days are the same, run stopping is mostly the job of the ILBs. The linemen have a couple of gaps, but mainly they need to keep the O Line off the backers. They say it generally takes a few years for a D Lineman develop the strength and technique to be a good run stopper. Wyatt was good at a very high level in college, so there's strong reason to hope he will get good sooner rather than later. Slaton too should get a lot better. Lowry was never any good; Neither was Lancaster; Reed was a disappointment. I don't think those two new supposed D Linemen are meant to be replacements in the rotation for Lowery and Reed. The new guys seem more like pass rushers. I'm expecting Ford and maybe Slayton with a Y to be in the rotation along with just two big interior D Linemen being used a lot of the time. The goal is to not get to 3rd and 2 very often, and maybe sub in some bulk when you do. The hope for better run stopping ultimately is Walker getting better and maybe Campbell returning to form, that and maybe Barry figuring something out better than last year.

BTW, in case you missed it, I grudgingly agreed with you in my previous post that the Packer O Line is fairly good. What I stand by, though, is the relative unimportance of that one way or the other. As for dying on a hill, I'll do that every time for what I actually see, but NOT for bogus stats and shit opinions that some like to swallow.

Back to the thread topic, Love, if he is only marginally decent, they should dominate the Bears and Lions, and they should win more than they lose against everybody else. But will Love be decent? We can always hope.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

LOL yeah, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don’t think they will pass that much, mainly because I expect Love to run the ball at least 4-5 times a game.
    Okay, this is how that first game is gonna go down:

Packers offense looks kinda disjointed - like it always does in the first game. But Love plays pretty well. Throws one pick in the first half, but mostly looks the part, though he does play it mostly very tight to the vest - doesn't take a lot of chances, lots of check-downs.

Packers in a tight game. Second half, Love looks more confident. Starts looking the part. Overall, he's having a pretty decent game, and Packer fans are encouraged. Joe Barely's defense plays kinda lousy - the usual defensive backs pointing at each other after broken plays, running backs gashing the Packer defense. But the game is close, but at the end of the game, at a key moment, Love throws a dumb, dumb pick and the Packers lose.

Packer fans panic after the game, despite the fact there were encouraging signs.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Okay, this is how that first game is gonna go down:

Packers offense looks kinda disjointed - like it always does in the first game. But Love plays pretty well. Throws one pick in the first half, but mostly looks the part, though he does play it mostly very tight to the vest - doesn't take a lot of chances, lots of check-downs.

Packers in a tight game. Second half, Love looks more confident. Starts looking the part. Overall, he's having a pretty decent game, and Packer fans are encouraged. Joe Barely's defense plays kinda lousy - the usual defensive backs pointing at each other after broken plays, running backs gashing the Packer defense. But the game is close, but at the end of the game, at a key moment, Love throws a dumb, dumb pick and the Packers lose.

Packer fans panic after the game, despite the fact there were encouraging signs.
    It’s gonna be overreaction Monday for sure, no matter how it goes. But after half a season, with him being in his 4th year, we’ll have a good idea. I won’t overreact on one game, but I better see something good in 8.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Tex, I played OL (albeit D3). Im 5'10" tall and was 245 at the time. I understand leverages and footwork involved. The OL we have had the last 3 years is really good with the exception of injuries and especially mid game injuries. If they are healthy this year it will again be a top 5 OL.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.