Besides not having Arod under center.

This has been touched on in other threads, but I thought it deserved a thread of its own. What will the MLF offense look like this year, compared to past years with Rodgers?

Most people so far seem to think the Packers will run the ball more. But oddly, they ran it a fair amount last year, as I recall. So even more? And if they do, that offensive line coach better work on the run blocking. I think the line, in general, was much better pass blocking than run blocking.

Now my recollection is not reliable - we see what we want or think we see - but mine is that after that first two years with the MLF offense, Rodgers seemed to morph it back more to what is was with MM, which is ironic considering Rodgers was I think grumbling during MM's last years about how stale the offense had gotten. But I recall, the first year or two of MLF, lots more guys going in motion, for example, whereas last year especially, I don't recall as much of that. That could be me, though.

I am hoping for something that will look more like Holmgren's early west coast offenses in Green Bay, with the short passes that served as a kind of running game, the quick decision making, all of that. I also hope that the offense will be a little more up tempo. God they were so slow with Rodgers, always down to the last millisecond. I am hoping too it will look more like what SF runs, which seems to me the "purer" form of this offense.

This means though that the wide receivers need to hang on to the ball. I know a lot of people liked Doubs, but that dude dropped the ball a lot. Hopefully that was just first-year growing pains and not Jmon Moore Disease.

I am also hoping they get a true slot receiver who can do better on the end-arounds than the long striders the Packers have been using - Watson, Equanimity St. Brown, those guys.

And let's see more motion. Last year there seemed to be fewer and fewer plays where guys went in motion. It seemed to go back to the old "let Aaron have fifteen seconds to line up and bark signals and look at the defense." But again, that's just my perception. I wonder what others think about that. Finally, I'd like to see Love under center and not in shotgun all the time. I don't think you can run as well out of the shotgun.

So - what will be different?