Thread: Nutz's 18th Annual Mock Draft Spectacular

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Nutz's 18th Annual Mock Draft Spectacular

You know you all beg for it, you send me DMs asking for me to please come back to the forum and give you the 411 on the NFL draft. Every year I do my due diligence and supply you with the best draft coverage and mock draft out there. Every year I return to you addicts and degenerates because I love you all, even the Mexican. Partial can go fuck himself.

2023 NFL MOCK DRAFT

1. Carolina Panthers: Alabama QB Bryce Young
    Size is the overall concern with him, and there is a lot of speculation who will be the top QB drafted. Bryce Young might just be the most average out of all the QBs with first round grades, but he won't flame out for being a moron.

2. Houston Texans: Alabama DE Will Anderson
    They should take a QB and get their franchise fixed with the most important position on the field, but the Texans love drafting defensive ends. If they don't like a QB, they should probably draft an offensive tackle.

3. Tennessee Titans: Titans trade up. They send the 2023 11th and 41st picks to the Cardinals along with 2024 1st rounder. Kentucky QB Will Levis.
    I think there are a lot of smoke screens out there about Levis. I like what I see from him.

4. Indianapolis Colts: Florida QB Anthony Richardson
    Don't love the pick but they are gonna find the QB of the future one way or another. It's ok to miss on a QB because you have to have one to win football games.

5. Seattle Seahawks: Georgia DT Jalen Carter
    To damn talented and too much of a fit for what the Seahawks like in their football players

6. Detroit Lions: Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez
    Best available for a need position. Probably should have worked harder to make a trade to acquire more picks or take Stroud as the QB of the future.

7. Las Vegas Raiders: Ohio St OT Paris Johnson
    Not a fancy ridiculous pick from the Raiders. They need better line play and they sort of have a QB. Going with my philosophy, you don't know go offensive tackle.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Georgia OL Broderick Jones
    They have needs at guard and tackle and Jones has the ability to slot day one at one of those positions.

9. Chicago Bears: Texas Tech DE Tyree Wilson
    Possibly the best edge rusher in the draft. They could have solidified their offensive line, but they get a high end player that falls to them.

10. Philadelphia Eagles: Illinois CB Devon Witherspoon
    The rich get richer. Witherspoon isn't gonna make anyone's panties drop, but it is a solid pick that makes your defense better on day one.

11. Arizona Cardinals: Texas RB Bijan Robinson
    Robinson is a great talent, but running backs historically don't need to be drafted this high as there is too much risk vs reward with them, and its also always a deep position with lots of value in later rounds of the draft. It's a supply and demand thing. It's a move teams like the Cardinals are expected to make. Trade down and draft the best RB in the draft and they think they won the draft.

12. Houston Texans: Ohio St QB CJ Stroud
    Stroud was in contention to be the #1 pick in this draft but he bombed an intelligence test and teams can't have dummies play QB. Texans are in a position to work with Stroud and build him up over the next couple of years.

13. Washington Commanders: Trade with GB costs them the 16th pick the 47th pick, and a 2024 3rd round pick. Clemson DE Myles Murphy
    Packers probably should have stayed put and drafted Murphy themselves or JSN. Commanders move up and take what I think is a very talented edge player. They don't learn their lesson taking edge players high.

14. New England Patriots: Maryland CB Deonte Banks
    Not much to not like about Banks. He has the size and RAS score to play a long time in New England. They had their choices of players to fill needs.

15. New York Jets: Northwestern OL Peter Skoronski
    They need to keep Rodgers protected. They made a huge investment in the aging QB and he doesn't like to get dirty.

16. Green Bay Packers: Ohio St WR Jaxon Smith Njigba
    I am not crazy high on him but the Packers want to solidify their young receiving corps with Jordan Love and let them all grow together. JSN is will start off in the slot but offers the Packers many combinations of receivers on the field.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Georgia OLB Nolan Smith
    Typical pick for the Steelers that will most likely work out giving them pass rushers on both sides of their defense.

18. Detroit Lions: Alabama S Brian Branch
    They chase a need and maybe the highest rated player on their board, but they couldn't get a trade going with anyone. Draft starts to split here.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Penn St CB Joey Porter Jr.
    No Qbs available with this pick and they are content to hold pat and draft Porter. They draft more of an all around good football player than a lock down corner.

20. Seattle Seahawks: Iowa DL Lukas Van Ness
    They solidify their defensive line getting two really good first round guys that could team up to cause havoc for a decade.

21. Los Angeles Chargers: TCU WR Quentin Johnson
    Quality pick up for the Chargers who are hoping o solidify their offensive line in the second round

22. Baltimore Ravens: Georgia CB Kelee Ringo
    Top end talent imported to make a historically great defense better. Ringo has the pedigree to be great.

23. Minnesota Vikings: USC WR Jordan Addison
    Viking hoping to land another home run receiver in the mid to late 1st round. Addison doesn't have quite the size you would want, but he is only 20 years old.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars: Notre Dame TE Michael Mayer
    He might not be a 5 tool tight end, but he might be the safest bet at the position in the draft. He can provide Trevor a solid and consistent target in the passing game and his run blocking isn't horrible.

25. New York Giants: South Carolina CB Cam Smith
    Solid size and great numbers makes him a day one starter for the Giants

26. Dallas Cowboys: Clemson LB Trenton Simpson
    Cowboys want to shore up the middle of their defense and athletically speaking Simpson has the most dynamic play ability in this draft. He can run and play all over the field.

27. Buffalo Bills: Boston College WR Zay Flowers
    Maybe a reach but the Bills need more fire power out of their offense.

28. Cincinnati Bengals: Tennessee OT Darnell Wright
    Super long and talented offensive linemen plugs a major need for the Bengals. They have to protect Burrows if they want to continue to contend for a Super Bowl.

29. New Orleans Saints: Clemson DT Brian Breese
    Breese is a good football player that can actually be better. He is freakishly strong and can destroy a run game.

30. Philadelphia Eagles: Notre Dame Edge Isaiah Foskey
    I think he might be one of the better pass rushers in this draft. Eagles do a good job improving their defense in the first round.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Ohio St OT Dawand Jones
    I love this kids make up of size and feet. Great job waiting to get a long time protector for Mahomes.

Nice job, I would really like the idea of trading down. I kind of love the idea of getting two of the top TEs so that hopefully at least one pans out. You can do so many interesting things with two TEs that can move and block.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Nice job, I would really like the idea of trading down. I kind of love the idea of getting two of the top TEs so that hopefully at least one pans out. You can do so many interesting things with two TEs that can move and block.
    I am really high on Darnell Washington. I think you can then pair him with just about any other TE.

I love the trade if you can really get that much by trading down 3 spots. If it happened I wonder if Gute would then trade up into the 1st round to take Mayer or Kincaid.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think the Packers or any team will want more to move out of the top half of the draft. They might not get the following year's 3rd round pick, but I feel there starts to be a drop off right around the 17/18th pick this year. You are starting to get guys 2nd or 3rd at their position or guys you need that might be further down your draft board. Also the Packers have either top flight edge player, all the receivers, all of the TE's, and a top tier OT still on the board. I think someone has to offer them a lot to move out of that pick.

Every year I enter a local draft contest and use Nutz picks. Haven't cashed yet, but hey, you study it more than I do. A C note for 5 hours of entertainment is cheap anyway.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I agree with this, and if we do manage to pick up pick 47ish we can take 2 in the 2nd. I think that is exactly the type of trade Gutes should look for. We can score an EDGE or OT moving back 5 or less picks. I think a guy like Mingo in the 2nd fits the bill at WR.

Hoody showed what 2 really good TEs can do when he had the murderer. That is exactly the kind of offense MiLF wants to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I love the trade if you can really get that much by trading down 3 spots. If it happened I wonder if Gute would then trade up into the 1st round to take Mayer or Kincaid.
    Too much talent to take one in the first. LaPorta and Washington have a ton of talent. They say Musgrave is the best athlete at TE this year, but he got hurt.

I just haven't been able to get psyched up for the draft with all the depressing Rodgers shit, etc. I think, though, the Packers will go defense in the first again, probably edge rusher. I agree, TE is a need, but there are enough good ones to wait until the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. We also will take a Safety in those same rounds as well as a WR.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I think our 1st pick is gonna be a OT

The more I watch film of JSN, the more I really like the player. He is sooo smooth in his routes and he changes gears effortlessly. Let JSN, Doubs and Watson grow together with Love. If your trade back happens in the 2nd round, TE-Darnell Washington, DL-Keannu Benton and S-Sydney Brown then hopefully OT Blake Freeland is their in the 3rd.

That draft would make me very happy.

The NFL brass from all 32 teams are a bunch of morons.

Maybe they just had bad day. Some of the draftees had some neat costumes though.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You know you all beg for it, you send me DMs asking for me to please come back to the forum and give you the 411 on the NFL draft. Every year I do my due diligence and supply you with the best draft coverage and mock draft out there. Every year I return to you addicts and degenerates because I love you all, even the Mexican. Partial can go fuck himself.

2023 NFL MOCK DRAFT

1. Carolina Panthers: Alabama QB Bryce Young
    Size is the overall concern with him, and there is a lot of speculation who will be the top QB drafted. Bryce Young might just be the most average out of all the QBs with first round grades, but he won't flame out for being a moron.

2. Houston Texans: Alabama DE Will Anderson
    They should take a QB and get their franchise fixed with the most important position on the field, but the Texans love drafting defensive ends. If they don't like a QB, they should probably draft an offensive tackle.

3. Tennessee Titans: Titans trade up. They send the 2023 11th and 41st picks to the Cardinals along with 2024 1st rounder. Kentucky QB Will Levis.
    I think there are a lot of smoke screens out there about Levis. I like what I see from him.

4. Indianapolis Colts: Florida QB Anthony Richardson
    Don't love the pick but they are gonna find the QB of the future one way or another. It's ok to miss on a QB because you have to have one to win football games.

5. Seattle Seahawks: Georgia DT Jalen Carter
    To damn talented and too much of a fit for what the Seahawks like in their football players

6. Detroit Lions: Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez
    Best available for a need position. Probably should have worked harder to make a trade to acquire more picks or take Stroud as the QB of the future.

7. Las Vegas Raiders: Ohio St OT Paris Johnson
    Not a fancy ridiculous pick from the Raiders. They need better line play and they sort of have a QB. Going with my philosophy, you don't know go offensive tackle.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Georgia OL Broderick Jones
    They have needs at guard and tackle and Jones has the ability to slot day one at one of those positions.

9. Chicago Bears: Texas Tech DE Tyree Wilson
    Possibly the best edge rusher in the draft. They could have solidified their offensive line, but they get a high end player that falls to them.

10. Philadelphia Eagles: Illinois CB Devon Witherspoon
    The rich get richer. Witherspoon isn't gonna make anyone's panties drop, but it is a solid pick that makes your defense better on day one.

11. Arizona Cardinals: Texas RB Bijan Robinson
    Robinson is a great talent, but running backs historically don't need to be drafted this high as there is too much risk vs reward with them, and its also always a deep position with lots of value in later rounds of the draft. It's a supply and demand thing. It's a move teams like the Cardinals are expected to make. Trade down and draft the best RB in the draft and they think they won the draft.

12. Houston Texans: Ohio St QB CJ Stroud
    Stroud was in contention to be the #1 pick in this draft but he bombed an intelligence test and teams can't have dummies play QB. Texans are in a position to work with Stroud and build him up over the next couple of years.

13. Washington Commanders: Trade with GB costs them the 16th pick the 47th pick, and a 2024 3rd round pick. Clemson DE Myles Murphy
    Packers probably should have stayed put and drafted Murphy themselves or JSN. Commanders move up and take what I think is a very talented edge player. They don't learn their lesson taking edge players high.

14. New England Patriots: Maryland CB Deonte Banks
    Not much to not like about Banks. He has the size and RAS score to play a long time in New England. They had their choices of players to fill needs.

15. New York Jets: Northwestern OL Peter Skoronski
    They need to keep Rodgers protected. They made a huge investment in the aging QB and he doesn't like to get dirty.

16. Green Bay Packers: Ohio St WR Jaxon Smith Njigba
    I am not crazy high on him but the Packers want to solidify their young receiving corps with Jordan Love and let them all grow together. JSN is will start off in the slot but offers the Packers many combinations of receivers on the field.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Georgia OLB Nolan Smith
    Typical pick for the Steelers that will most likely work out giving them pass rushers on both sides of their defense.

18. Detroit Lions: Alabama S Brian Branch
    They chase a need and maybe the highest rated player on their board, but they couldn't get a trade going with anyone. Draft starts to split here.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Penn St CB Joey Porter Jr.
    No Qbs available with this pick and they are content to hold pat and draft Porter. They draft more of an all around good football player than a lock down corner.

20. Seattle Seahawks: Iowa DL Lukas Van Ness
    They solidify their defensive line getting two really good first round guys that could team up to cause havoc for a decade.

21. Los Angeles Chargers: TCU WR Quentin Johnson
    Quality pick up for the Chargers who are hoping o solidify their offensive line in the second round

22. Baltimore Ravens: Georgia CB Kelee Ringo
    Top end talent imported to make a historically great defense better. Ringo has the pedigree to be great.

23. Minnesota Vikings: USC WR Jordan Addison
    Viking hoping to land another home run receiver in the mid to late 1st round. Addison doesn't have quite the size you would want, but he is only 20 years old.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars: Notre Dame TE Michael Mayer
    He might not be a 5 tool tight end, but he might be the safest bet at the position in the draft. He can provide Trevor a solid and consistent target in the passing game and his run blocking isn't horrible.

25. New York Giants: South Carolina CB Cam Smith
    Solid size and great numbers makes him a day one starter for the Giants

26. Dallas Cowboys: Clemson LB Trenton Simpson
    Cowboys want to shore up the middle of their defense and athletically speaking Simpson has the most dynamic play ability in this draft. He can run and play all over the field.

27. Buffalo Bills: Boston College WR Zay Flowers
    Maybe a reach but the Bills need more fire power out of their offense.

28. Cincinnati Bengals: Tennessee OT Darnell Wright
    Super long and talented offensive linemen plugs a major need for the Bengals. They have to protect Burrows if they want to continue to contend for a Super Bowl.

29. New Orleans Saints: Clemson DT Brian Breese
    Breese is a good football player that can actually be better. He is freakishly strong and can destroy a run game.

30. Philadelphia Eagles: Notre Dame Edge Isaiah Foskey
    I think he might be one of the better pass rushers in this draft. Eagles do a good job improving their defense in the first round.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Ohio St OT Dawand Jones
    I love this kids make up of size and feet. Great job waiting to get a long time protector for Mahomes.