Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How long does Gutey get?

That's a large part of the reason they're in the playoffs already.

That, and Guter (finally) trading Rodgers away and clearing the decks of whatever bile there seemed to be. The team just looked grim all the time - not a lot of fun being had, even when they were winning.

And the coaches, developing these young players. Though I'm disappointed with Wyatt - I thought he'd be much better than he has.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's a large part of the reason they're in the playoffs already.

That, and Guter (finally) trading Rodgers away and clearing the decks of whatever bile there seemed to be. The team just looked grim all the time - not a lot of fun being had, even when they were winning.

And the coaches, developing these young players. Though I'm disappointed with Wyatt - I thought he'd be much better than he has.
    Not to be a butt-hole, but I just saw this…. I don’t think he plays nearly the snaps of the guys he’s bunched with and doesn’t see nearly the doubles. Further, his pressures, just off impression don’t seem to really be noticed. But……

https://x.com/light_2610/status/1745...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Not to be a butt-hole, but I just saw this…. I don’t think he plays nearly the snaps of the guys he’s bunched with and doesn’t see nearly the doubles. Further, his pressures, just off impression don’t seem to really be noticed. But……

https://x.com/light_2610/status/1745...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw
    My impression has been that Wyatt doesn't get enough credit or snaps. Maybe he blows vs. the run. But then so did most of the DL for the first 10 weeks.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Wyatt is good at creating pressure. However, he hasn't been able to turn pressure into QB hits and sacks consistently. He had the highest missed tackle % among front seven guys on the Packers. He needs to play a little more in control. He's close to being really good.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I know we all know the limitations of PFF grades, but they’re usually pretty reasonable.

Lukas Van Ness a respectable 64 pff grade for a rookie and 4 sacks, another respectable number for a rookie. Honestly, that being his starting point, it gives him pretty good odds to be a Rashan Gary level player. Maybe a little worse and maybe a little better.

Karl Brooks has been an absolute surprise coming in as a 23 year old 6th round rookie. He has an average starter PFF grade in his first year (67) to go along with 4 memorable sacks.

Devonte Wyatt is a little older for a 2nd year player (25) so maybe his upside isn’t much higher, but he posted an average starter PFF grade of 63 to go along with 5.5 sacks from the interior. He probably doesn’t see many doubles and he doesn’t play a ton of snaps so he’s fresh and can make those splash plays. Regardless, he’s a starting level player inside.

TJ Slaton has a respectable 65 PFF grade. I don’t care what his sack numbers are, not even gonna look. He’s a non factor as a pass rusher. But he’s a snap eater who has a respectable game on early downs and short yardage.

Enagbare has 5 sacks in two years from the edge position, which isn’t very good. He posts a respectable 65 pff grade. When you cross check his grade with the impression watching him, he does seem active and does a pretty good job being a bit of a hassle in the run game and as a pass rusher. It’s nice to have a guy who’s not a total dud to rest up the top 3.

You add the 5 young guys to Clark and Gary and it’s been a respectable front this year with potential to be pretty darn good next year. Preston has one more year of quality play. And you know what, I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s got 2 or 3.

If we get best case scenario growth from LVN and Brooks, we probably have a top 5 front next season.

Wyatt struggles vs. the run. He was bad last year and better this year.
    He's pretty good as a pass rusher as the chart shows. The other charts in the thread are interesting too.

I would guess being doubled would affect your pressure rate if not your grade.

Best case scenario next year

Clark - Very good
    Gary - Very good
    LVN - Very good
    Let’s call Slaton/Brooks one guy - Very good

Preston - Good
    Wyatt - Good

Enagbare - serviceable

I don’t think anyone’s a world beater, maybe LVN, but you’re looking at deep, strong group that’s really hard to account for because every one of them can win and they’re all rested. Where do you slide protection in this best case scenario. As an offense, you kind of always lose unless you have 5 really good starters.

That’s best case. Reality this year is they’re an average group. Barry’s best unit is average and his worst unit was disgusting. So back to the most important topic, Barry has done a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I know we all know the limitations of PFF grades, but they’re usually pretty reasonable.

Lukas Van Ness a respectable 64 pff grade for a rookie and 4 sacks, another respectable number for a rookie. Honestly, that being his starting point, it gives him pretty good odds to be a Rashan Gary level player. Maybe a little worse and maybe a little better.

Karl Brooks has been an absolute surprise coming in as a 23 year old 6th round rookie. He has an average starter PFF grade in his first year (67) to go along with 4 memorable sacks.

Devonte Wyatt is a little older for a 2nd year player (25) so maybe his upside isn’t much higher, but he posted an average starter PFF grade of 63 to go along with 5.5 sacks from the interior. He probably doesn’t see many doubles and he doesn’t play a ton of snaps so he’s fresh and can make those splash plays. Regardless, he’s a starting level player inside.

TJ Slaton has a respectable 65 PFF grade. I don’t care what his sack numbers are, not even gonna look. He’s a non factor as a pass rusher. But he’s a snap eater who has a respectable game on early downs and short yardage.

Enagbare has 5 sacks in two years from the edge position, which isn’t very good. He posts a respectable 65 pff grade. When you cross check his grade with the impression watching him, he does seem active and does a pretty good job being a bit of a hassle in the run game and as a pass rusher. It’s nice to have a guy who’s not a total dud to rest up the top 3.

You add the 5 young guys to Clark and Gary and it’s been a respectable front this year with potential to be pretty darn good next year. Preston has one more year of quality play. And you know what, I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s got 2 or 3.

If we get best case scenario growth from LVN and Brooks, we probably have a top 5 front next season.
    Top 5 is a little optimistic, it depends on the fronts etc. they use too. I will say the arrow is pointing up. Not a lot of good DL coming out of the college ranks outside of those Georgia guys lately. The Newton kid from IL this year is decent but a bit undersized (6'3" 295). Brooks looks like a steal to me.
    LVN has a long way to go on his developmental curve, from having a pass rush plan to getting used to a 2 point stance to more pass rush moves. He's built-in-a-lab athletically though.

Slaton is fine for what he does. He's easily their largest DL and pretty athletic for his size. Pass rush never was his game, but if he can hold up against a double and stay out of Quay's lap when he's trying to fill then you have something. I actually think TJ is a keeper. It's his first year as a starter.

Wyatt I feel like has less developmental runway because of his age, but you never know. He's gifted and he hustles, I'll say that much. I'd rather have him that Dean Lowry for sure.

Kingsley is EDGE depth. I don't think you want him starting, he gambles at times and isn't great against the run, but he has a knack for getting after the QB. He's fine as your ED3 or 4 for sure.

60 is considered approximately 'average' NFL for PFF score, it's not a bad grade at all. Most rookies don't score much above 60 if they get there.

Gute's done well lately. A lot of it is opportunity. The team was forced by the cap (and having all those picks) to play rookies, but I give him and the scouts credit for not picking a bunch of Ricky Elmores and J'Mon Moores.