Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How long does Gutey get?

How long does Gutey get?

honest question

love is his pet project. if love looks great, then gutry will go down as a packer legend for drafting him and getting rid of rodgers

but what happens if love sucks this year?

is this a make or break year for gutebag, or does he get a couple years to see if love recovers?

or do we keep him for a few years after his mind and body breakdown and he hasn't been able to do his job for a few seasons?

Gute has hitched his wagon to the Love Train. But I think he gets a couple of years. But if 2 years from now Love isn't very good and the Packers are looking at 3 straight losing seasons, it could be over.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This year and next year maybe a third. That’s the new world.

i was thinking this year and next, unless love looks really really bad

then the pitchforks will be out midseason

I’d give him another shot at a QB
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I don’t know, I don’t love Gute. I feel like his drafts are just so/so. I don’t mind if we go another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I don’t know, I don’t love Gute. I feel like his drafts are just so/so. I don’t mind if we go another direction.
    thats kind of what got me thinking about it

his drafting isn't all that special, so if his biggest gamble doesn't pay off, do we have any use for him?

i say no

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats kind of what got me thinking about it

his drafting isn't all that special, so if his biggest gamble doesn't pay off, do we have any use for him?

i say no
    This is pretty much it. I guess there’s a case to be made if last years draft and this years drafts are big hits in the long run. You can make
    The case that he’s settled in and got his staff pulling in the right direction.

If these last two drafts are home runs, I wouldn’t mind him staying. But if these guys start falling off like all his other drafts and Love stinks, it’s over. Csnt do much worse.

This is Guter's sixth draft. He's had some hits - about two a year, maybe three - but last year's class could be good. I'm not sold on the guy. I think we'll get a real read on him now that he doesn't have Rodgers here.

I do think Love is going to be his legacy. If Love turns out to be really good, then Guter's going to be around for a while. If Love turns out to be mediocre, then that pick will define him and I don't think he'll get more than a couple more years after this one.

I also think the Darnell Savage pick was one of his worst. Gave up, what, two fourths to move up? And took a guy who had never developed into a consistent, high-level safety.

So I think his reputation and career are based on how Love turns out. That wouldn't be so if he'd killed his other drafts, but he hasn't. Maybe last year's but the jury is still out. The other drafts show him getting two starters, sometimes three, but outside of Alexander, Gary and maybe Jenkins he hasn't hit any big home runs, I don't think.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Look at ALL this round 2 and round 3 picks. Not too improssive IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Outside of Deguara, who isn't exactly a world-beater, Guter has absolutely shit the bed with his third round picks:

2022 Sean Rhyan
    2021 Amari Rodgers
    2020 Josiah Deguara
    2019 Jace Furburger
    2018 Oral Burks

Hell, you couldn't man an XFL team with that crew.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Outside of Deguara, who isn't exactly a world-beater, Guter has absolutely shit the bed with his third round picks:

2022 Sean Rhyan
    2021 Amari Rodgers
    2020 Josiah Deguara
    2019 Jace Furburger
    2018 Oral Burks

Hell, you couldn't man an XFL team with that crew.

Josiah is a nice 6th round draft pick. in round 3 he's a mistake. But he's still our best.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If Love and Watson sync up Gute is safe.
    C.H.U.D.

Look at some of the other NFCN GMs. They aren't doing so great either. MIN jettisoned several R2 and R3 picks last year with the new regime. Talk about wasted draft picks.

I think Gute gets this year and next, same as MLF. If Love stinks and they can't at least be competitive they are gone.
    Not sure what their contracts are like, but I'd expect that plays into it as well.

I would think if the team improves from last year, even if Love isn't particularly good, he's fine. If the rest of the team looks bad, he could be in deep doodoo even if Love is good.

I think he has 2 years to prove he can turn over the offensive roster successfully. In that time, pretty much all talent from the Rodgers era will be gone on that side of the ball. Gute has to prove he can maintain the OL and skill positions. This years draft seems especially big in that regard. If half of these picks pan out into above average starters, Gute will be safe. If a majority crash and burn, he’s in trouble.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Murphy will give him an extension and new ores will give him one year and more if he does well. Eventually new guy will probably want to bring in his own people. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Gute has hitched his wagon to the Love Train. But I think he gets a couple of years. But if 2 years from now Love isn't very good and the Packers are looking at 3 straight losing seasons, it could be over.
    Well, that cunty Gute just did it again. Stabbed LOve right in the back. A veteran Packer QB has earned the right to be consulted before the drafting of another QB. It's just a question of respect and good communications.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Look at ALL this round 2 and round 3 picks. Not too improssive IMO
    After this draft I'd let him go tomorrow

No saftey, no OT and question d line players for our scheme and wtf on the QB