Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How long does Gutey get?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    No saftey, no OT and question d line players for our scheme and wtf on the QB
    There will be OT prospects in round 7
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    There will be OT prospects in round 7
    Not for the Packers…but we are now 27 deep at WR. Gute is really hoping some of these pass catchers pan out.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Packers went into the draft with 13 OL on the roster and 5 WR. So this isn't a huge surprise.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    We need the numbers at WR; I normally don't like GB"s drafts.

But we have a shitstock of holes on our roster and I like this draft's ability to fill a lot of them.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Seems Gute trending up.

Tex Western
    @TexWestern

Never forget that Gutey turned pick #45 into Reed, Wicks, and Brooks

Lily Zhao
    @LilySZhao

Brian Gutekunst delivered with this #Packers draft class

2023 looks like a really really good draft class. 2022 wasn't a bad class either.

The Jordan Love draft pick is going to be remembered as his defining one.

United States Sports Cards
    @USSportsCards1
    While I am happy for Lazard this is WILD!#GoPackGo

Is that part of the BS that Rodgers needs the Jets to get rid of?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    @USSportsCards1

Now do one for mvs
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

I think Gutekunst, with his 2023 draft and how Love has blossomed, will be there a long time.

From a cap perspective, that will soon be cleaned up as best you can by 2025.

One more year in 2024 if eating some dead money for Gutes. Currently projected 5.8 million cap space for 2024.

2024 possible trade/cuts:

Bahktiari DM - 19 mil SAVE 21 mil
    Campbell DM - 3.6 mil SAVE 10.75 mil (post 6/1)
    P.Smith DM - 4.1 mil SAVE 12.4 mil (post 6/1)
    A.Jones DM - 5.7 mil SAVE 11.4 mil (post 6/1)

I don't think they cut Preston Smith, he is too consistent and all around too good to get value on his cap savings. I think Bahktiari and Campbell are as good as gone although I could see them keeping Campbell just so you dont add dead money to 2025. Hardest one will be Aaron Jones. When healthy he is a huge difference maker, but you need guys more than 4 or 5 games a season when paying that much $$$. Never easy to find a RB with the balance and vision that Jones has.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After this season and how his picks are looking great he has a 5 year window.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    @USSportsCards1

Gute should get a extra year just for this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    After this season and how his picks are looking great he has a 5 year window.
    I count 14 good players in two drafts. I’ve never seen that. I guess if you csnt have a QB on a rookie deal, 14 good players on rookie deals is good too.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think there is no way they cut Aaron Jones. He is such a dynamic player. He will be back. I don't think he's fallen off at all. Why would they let an all-pro type guy go even if he is getting up there and injured a bit? He is a special player, just pay him appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think there is no way they cut Aaron Jones. He is such a dynamic player. He will be back. I don't think he's fallen off at all. Why would they let an all-pro type guy go even if he is getting up there and injured a bit? He is a special player, just pay him appropriately.
    Agree. Jones and Preston.

I think they will do everything they can to keep both. I also think they will lean heavily into the draft for the OL and at RB to improve the run game. Keeping Jones would benefit them since he'd be a great mentor but also would be able to play early while the rookies figured out the offense and how to pass protect. I'd rather they keep Jones and draft two good backs than keep Dillon or Taylor.

Preston has one less sack than Gary, and he's been on a tear in recent weeks. He's been really great for the young EDGE players from what I've heard as well. I think he's still got something in the tank.

I think Preston plays a really good game between the ears. When he came out, he was an ELITE athlete for the position. Big, long, explosive, fast… He can decline physically and still be an NFL caliber athlete.

I cant find a stat that shows 4th quarter sacks, or sacks in key moments. I wish someone charted that, because I think Preston waits and waits on his best pass rush. He keeps setting it up and setting it up. Because that guy has a knack for bursting right past LTs at the best possible time right when it matters most. His sacks seem to be the game changing type more often than not.

I remember Reggie being like that. I was a teen ager and didn’t know shit, but I remember he was quiet for a bit and then layed down the damn hammer when it really matter most.

I'm on board with the above priorities - keep Jones and Smith around next year. I just love Smith. He can set an edge and play the run, but dammit, he can get after the QB, especially, as RashanGary points out, in key situations. And Jones - I love to watch him run. He's got vision. Vision. He's a good, good cutback runner. Sure, draft a couple of RB's, but let them learn from the master next year.

And with injuries in the NFL, I doubt you're going to hamper Engabare's or Van Ness's development by keeping Smith around one more year. There'll be enough snaps for everyone.

We are in tune on those two guys.

And yes, I can see no reason to keep Dillon. Great guy, but he'll have to go be the mayor of someone else's county.

Boy, it sure looks like Guter hit it out of the park with the Love pick (didn't he even trade up to get him? I can't remember), with his last two drafts, and with the Rodgers trade. So I'd say he's probably getting free BJ's all over Green Bay right now. But you know how quickly public opinion can change - so he'd better take advantage of those while he can.

And Brestsky - you were vocal about the Pack passing on Tee Higgins to take Love. How you feeling about that now?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

LVN - 5 sacks

Luke Musgrave - 352 yards, 1 TD

Jayden Reed - 912 total yards, 10 total TDs

Tucker Kraft - 355 yards, 2 TDs

Tay Wicks - 581 yards, 4 TDs

Karl Brooks - 4 sacks, 25 pressures

Carrington Valentine - 12 starts, 5 PBU

Gutey cooked

That’s 7 guys from one draft. I’ve never seen that.

Quay
    Wyatt
    Watson
    Rhyan (let’s count him as a half)
    Doubs
    Tom
    Enagbare (let’s count him has a half)
    Rasheed

Another 7 last year. 14 in two years. I’ve never seen it