Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flamacue View Post
    Can’t help but think a first/second round wide receiver is needed to provide an offensive weapon for the untested quarterback.
    i think every WR just got drafted

4 in a row right now

Man that dude the Vikings drafted. Felt like I was watching Bill Cosby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Fc9zaB-s8

Yeah the Vikings are astute enough to “get it”. Drafting a first round wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Man that dude the Vikings drafted. Felt like I was watching Bill Cosby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Fc9zaB-s8
    I hope you mean he was dressed like Cosby in the clip, and not that he has Cosby-like behaviors with women.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I’m fine with the pick, but I would have preferred to trade back.
    I think they were trying to. They didn't turn the pick in until there were about three minutes left on the clock. My guess is they were taking calls and working the phones but they couldn't get something that seemed worthwhile. Maybe enough teams had moved up that there wasn't much action, or maybe what the Steelers - was it the Steelers? - were offering was not worth it. Or maybe they really did love Van Ness. But it sure took a long time to get that pick in, so I'm guessing they were willing to trade back.

As for the implied racism, have any of the talking heads made any comparisons to . . . wait for it . . . Clay Matthews?

Glad Rashan is comparing the guy to Preston Smith. He's a good player. I like Smith.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by flamacue View Post
    Yeah the Vikings are astute enough to “get it”. Drafting a first round wide receiver.
    Probably why they've won so many Super Bowls.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Zay Flowers looks like a 14 year old
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I read some negative stuff about Flowers - that he didn't really live up to the hype. Just what I read, so as a fan, I'm glad they didn't take him. Also don't love that Tennessee kid, Hyatt, I think his name is, that everyone's floating for day two.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I’m not sure what reports you may have read, but Flowers is a solid dude who cares about football. His downside is small hands and small catch radius.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I don’t want Hyatt. He’s nowhere near as good as Watson was last year. Much smaller, even slower, gives you little RAC. A Will Fuller like, one trick pony.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Agree with Harv on ZayF, he's a good kid from what I've heard. Had to "bulk up" to 180 for the combine. He's 5'9" and when you're that size with 6' corners covering you, your QB is going to have a very tight window. Also, being that small means you're less likely to last 8-10 seasons.

As for Hyatt, the Will Fuller comp isn't far off. GB supposedly likes him, and at 6' with long arms he's a little wiry, but again he's 175-180. If you have him out there he's not going to block, but if you run him and Watson on 9 routes with Doubs and a good TE in there as well you could stress a defense. They have Bo Melton, Hyatt's like a better version of him.
    I'd just press and mug the hell out of him until he proves he can beat it. I think he's very explosive but IDK about his agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    How many times will they say GB fans will like him (because he’s white). Like, wtf? Low key racist ass media.
    I mean, most of us cheered because we just traded our HoF white QB so we could start a young black kid so if anyone says that it speaks volumes about that person and says nothing about GB fans.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's 6-5, 272. That's as big as Z was when he would line up inside.
    Z developed absolutely violent hand skills. Kind of wish we still had Mike Smith to work with these guys (including Gary who isn't maxed out yet)

Seeing Van Ness in black and gold reminds me of TJ Watt now. That is probably what finalized this pick for gutes.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I’m not sure what reports you may have read, but Flowers is a solid dude who cares about football. His downside is small hands and small catch radius.
    That explains why our pick had more hot chics around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    How many times will they say GB fans will like him (because he’s white). Like, wtf? Low key racist ass media.
    I missed it. Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That explains why our pick had more hot chics around him.
    LVN has 11 inch....hands.