Thread: 2023 First Round Pick, #13, Lukas Van Ness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There was a lot going on in the VanNess draft coverage. The three hot girls, prompting Twitter to say he’s gonna be a real one cuz he already has three girlfriends like a savvy nfl vet. And then Lukas’s girlfriend gives his dad a hug and dad slapped her on the butt a couple times.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    There was a lot going on in the VanNess draft coverage. The three hot girls, prompting Twitter to say he’s gonna be a real one cuz he already has three girlfriends like a savvy nfl vet. And then Lukas’s girlfriend gives his dad a hug and dad slapped her on the butt a couple times.
    Maybe the Packers should hire Urban Meyer as Van Ness's position coach.

As I've said before, I don't study the draft much - my reading on Packerrats is the extent of it. So I don't know what to make of the kid. I, like many, had hoped for a trade down - and I still think the Packers were, too - they didn't make the selection right away, like so many teams seemed to do last night. I was surprised at how fast things moved along. So my opinion is that the Packers tried to trade down - I'm guessing Pittsburgh - but that extra fourth rounder wasn't cutting it for them. Maybe they talked to another team, too, but in the end, obviously liked Van Ness better than Myles Murphy or Keion Smith. Or, the other working theory goes, they knew New England was hot for Van Ness - he'd made a visit there - and so they debated a little about Guy A or B, and decided it wasn't worth moving down for because maybe Guy A and Guy B would both be gone in the next four or five picks or whatever it would've been if they'd moved down. So they struck.

From the clips I've seen and what I've read, sounds like the kid is still pretty raw and needs a lot of work to develop some moves. But that can be taught. He certainly fits the Packers' EDGE size profile, and he's got that nice three-cone time. We shall see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack