Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 First Round Pick, #13, Lukas Van Ness

2023 First Round Pick, #13, Lukas Van Ness

Red-shirt sophomore? WTF?

Long, lean, strong with great motor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWAhd3NXo-s

we had our pick from a few nice pass rushers and other positions

this is the guy they wanted. lets hope they did their homework

we have drafted linebacker in the 1st round in the last 3 drafts, correct?

I like the highlight video. Legit bends the corner on speed rushes, fast as hell pursuing, explodes in on stunts, power…. He has the ability to do it all. He shot out of a cannon on the two punt blocks. Very high upside guy.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I have no opinion and am disappointed no one is exploding g right now
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

I haven't kept up enough to know how good this guy is, but position-wise, they took what I was hoping they'd take.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I like the highlight video. Legit bends the corner on speed rushes, fast as hell pursuing, explodes in on stunts, power…. He has the ability to do it all. He shot out of a cannon on the two punt blocks. Very high upside guy.
    i'm shocked that you said gary has longer arms. van ness spreads his arms out after every big play in that clip and his arms look freakishly long

wrong video. theres another highlight vid where he spreads his arms a bunch

Physically, he kind of reminds me of JJ Watt with his height and leanness and whiteness.

Hopefully he has JJ's work ethic and PED dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we had our pick from a few nice pass rushers and other positions

this is the guy they wanted. lets hope they did their homework

we have drafted linebacker in the 1st round in the last 3 drafts, correct?
    No. Quay Walker last year, but Stokes the year before was the number one.

Myles Murphy was available, I think. Broderick Jones, too. And Jaxon Flaxon Ngaxon, or whatever his name was.

Hell, I don't know. I don't know much about this kid, except that on TV he had a couple of really, really hot blondes around him. Sisters? Girlfriends? Whoever they were, I'm guessing his new Packer teammates will be asking him to bring them to the team parties.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Physically, he kind of reminds me of JJ Watt with his height and leanness and whiteness.

Hopefully he has JJ's work ethic and PED dealer.
    Kind of meet in the middle between the Watt brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No. Quay Walker last year, but Stokes the year before was the number one.

Myles Murphy was available, I think. Broderick Jones, too. And Jaxon Flaxon Ngaxon, or whatever his name was.

Hell, I don't know. I don't know much about this kid, except that on TV he had a couple of really, really hot blondes around him. Sisters? Girlfriends? Whoever they were, I'm guessing his new Packer teammates will be asking him to bring them to the team parties.
    Sisters. Hot.

Blog Entries
    LAST 13 round draft picks

12 on Defense; last year most thought GB, with more 1st round picks, would be an elite defense. Not the case. So let's stack another 1st on Defense for Barry to mismanage.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It is either Barry mismanaging or Guter picking players who really aren't all that great.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It is either Barry mismanaging or Guter picking players who really aren't all that great.
    Barry sucks.

Another vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-6PRnTHIw

I really like the motor.

I like Van Ness a lot. He's still young and has a lot of upside. Yet those Iowa guys come NFL-ready. No matter who the DC is, you can never have enough good pass rushers. Right after Packers drafted Van Ness, Patriots traded back, so he was probably going to be the Patriots pick. Expecting the emphasis to switch to offense tomorrow.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I like Van Ness a lot. He's still young and has a lot of upside. Yet those Iowa guys come NFL-ready. No matter who the DC is, you can never have enough good pass rushers. Right after Packers drafted Van Ness, Patriots traded back, so he was probably going to be the Patriots pick. Expecting the emphasis to switch to offense tomorrow.
    The Patriots were on the clock. That’s when trades happen. I wouldn’t go that far.

There was a lot going on in the VanNess draft coverage. The three hot girls, prompting Twitter to say he’s gonna be a real one cuz he already has three girlfriends like a savvy nfl vet. And then Lukas’s girlfriend gives his dad a hug and dad slapped her on the butt a couple times.

Whoo IDK about this guy. The not-starting bit was because Iowa has a seniority thing -- i.e., the seniors/upperclassmen get to start, younger guys rotate in.
    He's raw but the tools are there. Strong, athletic, etc. He's 275 and has no bad weight on him. Dude has a fricking 6 pack. His bull rush is decent, his motor is good. Needs a lot of refinement, and if he's as dedicated and hardworking as Rashan Gary he has a chance to be really good.

I think Joe Barry is basically being given the keys to a Ferrari and driving it like it's a John Deere. So much talent on the defensive side and they play passive zone crap and get dogwalked down the field.

Curious to see how the rest of the draft plays out and to hear from GB how LVN fits. He could conceivably put on 15 pounds and play 5-tech, but I think he might be better off in the old Zadarius role where he's an OLB who sometimes lines up over a guard and finds a mismatch.

With Broderick Jones still on the board I'd have looked long and hard at him, but I guess it's an ok pick.

Both can be true.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!