Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2023 First Round Pick, #13, Lukas Van Ness

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I have no opinion and am disappointed no one is exploding g right now
    Hard to explode on this one. It's a reasonable pick from a talent and need perspective. The only reason to explode is that for the millionth year in a row they've ignored receiver in the first round, but we are all too resigned to the fact that a receiver will never be picked by the Packers in the first round again.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    There was a lot going on in the VanNess draft coverage. The three hot girls, prompting Twitter to say he’s gonna be a real one cuz he already has three girlfriends like a savvy nfl vet. And then Lukas’s girlfriend gives his dad a hug and dad slapped her on the butt a couple times.
    Maybe the Packers should hire Urban Meyer as Van Ness's position coach.

As I've said before, I don't study the draft much - my reading on Packerrats is the extent of it. So I don't know what to make of the kid. I, like many, had hoped for a trade down - and I still think the Packers were, too - they didn't make the selection right away, like so many teams seemed to do last night. I was surprised at how fast things moved along. So my opinion is that the Packers tried to trade down - I'm guessing Pittsburgh - but that extra fourth rounder wasn't cutting it for them. Maybe they talked to another team, too, but in the end, obviously liked Van Ness better than Myles Murphy or Keion Smith. Or, the other working theory goes, they knew New England was hot for Van Ness - he'd made a visit there - and so they debated a little about Guy A or B, and decided it wasn't worth moving down for because maybe Guy A and Guy B would both be gone in the next four or five picks or whatever it would've been if they'd moved down. So they struck.

From the clips I've seen and what I've read, sounds like the kid is still pretty raw and needs a lot of work to develop some moves. But that can be taught. He certainly fits the Packers' EDGE size profile, and he's got that nice three-cone time. We shall see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kind of reminds me of Aaron Kampman, who also went to Iowa. He might bulk up slightly and play as a down lineman. I don't think he's limber enough to be a wide pass rusher.

He's a low floor guy. Maybe that's the move in this draft class, where everyone is down on quality in the first round.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    His sisters are blonde smoke shows. His girlfriend is Cole Kmet's baby sister. For the enjoyment of his sisters' instagram pics it was worth the pick.

It's hard to trust Gute after this pick. I think he is almost paralyzed to take an offensive weapon in the first round, heck there were competent offensive tackles available. Like I said earlier it would be almost impossible for me not to take OT Broderick Jones from Georgia if he was available or Myles Murphy if he was there. Now Murphy dropped deep into the first round. I guess my questioning of this pick has less to do with my best pal Lukas, and has more to do with who the Packers didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    His sisters are blonde smoke shows. His girlfriend is Cole Kmet's baby sister. For the enjoyment of his sisters' instagram pics it was worth the pick.

It's hard to trust Gute after this pick. I think he is almost paralyzed to take an offensive weapon in the first round, heck there were competent offensive tackles available. Like I said earlier it would be almost impossible for me not to take OT Broderick Jones from Georgia if he was available or Myles Murphy if he was there. Now Murphy dropped deep into the first round. I guess my questioning of this pick has less to do with my best pal Lukas, and has more to do with who the Packers didn't take.
    I thought they'd take Broderick Jones and let him sit and learn for a year. Then I wondered if they'd take Jaxon Flaxon Ngaxon since he appears to be the highest-rated receiver in the draft. Then my heart filled with dread as I thought "Oh, god, what if they take Brian Branch or some other ill-fitting, suck-ass safety?" Then my heart dropped further at the thought of them taking that Notre Dame tight end. Michael Myer? Then I thought, "Oh, maybe they'll Myles Murphy."

But of course it was none of the above. I'd be curious why they rated Van Ness higher than Myles Murphy.

Let's hope he's not another Datone Jones or Justin Harrell or even Nick Perry.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I thought they'd take Broderick Jones and let him sit and learn for a year. Then I wondered if they'd take Jaxon Flaxon Ngaxon since he appears to be the highest-rated receiver in the draft. Then my heart filled with dread as I thought "Oh, god, what if they take Brian Branch or some other ill-fitting, suck-ass safety?" Then my heart dropped further at the thought of them taking that Notre Dame tight end. Michael Myer? Then I thought, "Oh, maybe they'll Myles Murphy."

But of course it was none of the above. I'd be curious why they rated Van Ness higher than Myles Murphy.

Let's hope he's not another Datone Jones or Justin Harrell or even Nick Perry.
    I guess at the end of the day we will never know how they structure their draft boards, and what outside information if any they use to slot guys. I think they either refuse to take certain position in the first round, like they flat out refuse to ever take a receiver and that is one of their rules, or JSN just had too many flags on him to take with the 13th pick.

Either they have to someday have a defense that plays up to having pretty much all first-and-second-round picks on it, or they've got to break the mold and - gasp - take an offensive player in the first round. Maybe even a wide receiver.

Something's gotta change.

But on the plus side, I'm gonna enjoy Van Ness's sisters this year. I'm guessing several Packer teammates of his will be trying to do the same...

KYPack

For those of us who are, uh, a little older, and I myself feel a little pervy thinking about those hot sisters, check out his mom, Leanna Van Ness. Hot.

KYPack

Edges:
    Preston Smith - Free Agent
    Rashan Gary - 1st round pick
    Lukas Van Ness - 1st round pick

DT:
    Kenny Clark - 1st round pick
    Devonte Wyatt - 1st round pick
    TJ Slayton - 5th round pick

LB
    Quay Walker - 1st round pick
    DeVondre Campbell - Free Agent

Safeties
    Tarvarious Moore - Free Agent (3rd round 49ers)
    Darnell Savage - 1st round pick
    Rudy Ford - Free Agent

Corners
    Jaire Alexander - 1st round pick
    Eric Stokes - 1st round pick
    Rasul Douglas - Free Agent

That's a lot of first round picks and a lot of holes on the same defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    For those of us who are, uh, a little older, and I myself feel a little pervy thinking about those hot sisters, check out his mom, Leanna Van Ness. Hot.

Don't draft someone that is better looking than his sisters.

Hot girlfriend, sister is not shy about propping them juggs up. His mom and him and his other not-so-hot sister have gigantic, very pointy chins. I'm pretty sure if he slammed that chin into you it'd break skin it's so pointy.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Hot girlfriend, sister is not shy about propping them juggs up. His mom and him and his other not-so-hot sister have gigantic, very pointy chins. I'm pretty sure if he slammed that chin into you it'd break skin it's so pointy.
    I think they are all pretty hot. I mean I am sure you have nothing but dimes on your timeline and in your DMs, am I right?

Tell me you are in full rebuild mode without telling me you are in FULL rebuild mode: "And with the 13th pick, GB selects Van Ness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Tell me you are in full rebuild mode without telling me you are in FULL rebuild mode: "And with the 13th pick, GB selects Van Ness..."
    Pretty typical pick from this front office. Doesn't signify anything about a rebuild

I think they are all pretty hot. I mean I am sure you have nothing but dimes on your timeline and in your DMs, am I right?
    I wish But dude, c'mon, that is one seriously Jay Leno comically large chin on the one gal. I do appreciate there willingness to get the titties popped up and on display, wish my wifey would do the same.

I've said a hundred times I don't care about a 40 time for big men show me the 10 yard split. Van Ness had a faster 10 yard than the wide receiver that the Vikings drafted and is 100 lb heavier
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Both can be true.
    Packers d, stinks because with the exception of Wyatt last year they never draft interior dline. Give me Benton/ika =problem solved

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    So, is this cracka hip hop like Tyler Herro or is he a country hillbilly like Jared Allen?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

You guys think they’re hot?

I give them like 6s

At least one of them has a hell of a beak on her