Thread: Hits and Misses from the 2023 NFL Draft 1st Round

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I’m fine with the Van Ness pick. He didn’t seem that raw. High pressure rate and good against the run already. I liked Murphy a bit more, but oh well.
    I don't hate the player, I hate the game. As the Rumors go, the Packers held up the deal with the Jets because they wanted the 13th pick. Now the draft board might have fallen a certain way and they missed the guy they really wanted, but to go from the 15th to the 13th pick and get Van Ness seems like a wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't hate the player, I hate the game. As the Rumors go, the Packers held up the deal with the Jets because they wanted the 13th pick. Now the draft board might have fallen a certain way and they missed the guy they really wanted, but to go from the 15th to the 13th pick and get Van Ness seems like a wasted effort.
    Not really. Rumors were that the Pats liked Van Ness. The Pats stayed on the clock until the Packers picked, and then they traded out of that spot, so it's likely they wanted Van Ness. Not only that but the Jets took a pass rusher. Who's to say they didn't like Van Ness more than McDonald.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson