Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
I do like the elite athletes we are getting compared to years past. You will find it difficult to draft All Pros if you draft mediocre athletes. My main complaint is that the TEs may need several years to become impact starters. To me, Reed is the best pick at this point because he’s most likely to provide immediate benefit.
Yeah. It’s really hard to envision either of these tight ends being even slightly below average in their rookie years. That position is so overwhelming to young guys. They’re involved in blocking schemes. They’re involved in passing concepts. Not only do they have to master technique blocking in line, but they have to also become proficient with movement type blocks, which is a whole other set of techniques to feel out. Outside of QB, its the position that has the most on its plate. I give these guys about a zero percent chance at being average in their rookie years. Even down the road, tight ends are the hardest to project. Some make it for unknown reasons and others don’t.

You love the athletic profiles. Reed is the safest bet, and the most likely to contribute early. But I’m glad they took two high potential swipes at TE in a deep class. If one of these guys is a top 5 TE three years from now, that is a true game changer. It’s two big swings for the fences. Let’s see how it pans out.