Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2&3) Of NFL Draft Thread

NFL.com:

After the Packers passed on multiple pass-catching options Thursday, they land a potential Round 1-quality talent who has been beset by injuries. When healthy, he's a big, highly athletic target for new QB Jordan Love.
    Athletically, Musgrave is almost identical to Kelce, but he doesn't have the YAC potential, so he looked more like Olsen to me.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Steelers take Benton from Whisky

we are on the board

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this pick could be a huge head scratcher since we keep thinking we can trade down and still get them
    Maybe another TE, Tillman, or their favorite safety?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    NFL.com:

Athletically, Musgrave is almost identical to Kelce, but he doesn't have the YAC potential, so he looked more like Olsen to me.
    yeah, the highlight clip i watched of him he pretty much went down after every catch but a couple

no YAC at all

Albert Breer and Bill HUber called Jayden Reed as the pick like 5 minutes ago WTH

Jayden Reed

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Jayden Reed has some skills. Older but good speed and quickness. Nice pickup but R2 is a bit of a reach IMO
    Prescient

I like it! Leroy is awesome

anyone got anything good to say other then he's a 2nd round WR?

on the surface seems like a massive reach

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Albert Breer and Bill HUber called Jayden Reed as the pick like 5 minutes ago WTH
    live coverage is waaaaaay behind

theres gonna be leaks

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Prescient
    I wish. Was following the APC twitter stream and they posted about it several minutes ago.
    Reed tore up the Senior Bowl and his fil isn't bad. He'll push Toure for the WR3 spot and can run some deep routes as well. Not a terrible pickup but feels like a slight reach in R2 to me. I thought he was more of a R3 guy and would have preferred Rashee Rice. JMHO

Meh on Reed

Slot, special teams. Young WRs to build around. Need a grizzly locker room vet - watch Cobb snub Karon and come back.

This draft is going to be the death of Gute. If Watson gets hurt, which isn’t all that unlikely, this team will be lucky to score 10 points a game. Way too many shrimps on this team at WR.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Gervon Dexter Sr., Moro Ojomo, or Jordan Battle in R3 please.
    Then grab another TE, WR, a RB and whatever else on Day 3. Have to think those extra R5 and R6 picks they got for trading down are going to be used for trade-ups. That's a lot of picks.

Reed isn't glamourous, but the fact he's savvy like a 2nd year player probably factored into their decision. Important to have mature players when your QB is going to be under a ton of pressure.

I actually had Reed higher and soured on him late--after watching some of the top CBs against him (Witherspoon seemed to get underneath his skin). I'll trust them to draft WRs in round 2 though. I like that at least they got some extra value (5th and 6th round picks) before taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I actually had Reed higher and soured on him late--after watching some of the top CBs against him (Witherspoon seemed to get underneath his skin). I'll trust them to draft WRs in round 2 though. I like that at least they got some extra value (5th and 6th round picks) before taking him.
    Fair point. Those extra picks could be useful for trading up or drafting a kicker.

Jayden Reed

Found this:

Summary:

Jayden Reed is a smaller, compact, lightning-quick route-runner who shifts between gears awesomely to get open. He has innate awareness to morph into a RB after the catch. His releases off the line are nasty. He has lateral juice and explosiveness. He was held back in 2022 by lesser talent around him. For a smaller WR with a smaller catch radius, he tracks the football awesomely and shined in contested-catch scenarios. He has some drops on film but not a major concern. He's a fun, sleeper prospect with a style for today's game. Everything he does is effortless on the field.

Strengths:

Lightning quick to beat press and get open at all levels
    Tracks the ball like a 6-foot-5 WR
    YAC ability is a plus, elusive and deceptive contact balance, morphs into a RB after the catch

Weaknesses:

Speed is great, not amazing
    Smaller frame with smaller catch radius
    Production didn't build in 2022 after strong 2021