Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2&3) Of NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    . Tucker Kraft - the bits of tape I saw, I think I could beat him in a forty yard dash, and I'm 62.
    He's not going to out run any safeties, but he's also not slow.

Red, I did not know you were a Western guy, but given your legendary drinking skills I guess I ought to have known.

Luke Musgrave - I don't know. Harv likes him.The stuff you guys posted about him reminds me of DickRod. Tucker Kraft - the bits of tape I saw, I think I could beat him in a forty yard dash, and I'm 62.

And Reed - I'm from the State of Michigan, and I don't know jack about the guy. Seems kinda small for the Pack, but maybe they're thinking slot. My friend thinks Bisaccia might have influenced that pick - a punt returner.

I'm not super pumped, but at least they didn't draft Branch.Wait til Christian Watson blows by him for a TD catch at Ford Field next year!

I don't know. Today the picks seem kinda "meh," but I don't know shit. I really don't. So we'll see.
    Tucker Kraft ran a 4.69 40 which was middle of the pack among the TE's that ran. But his overall RAS score was excellent. Good or elite in every category.

Musgrave was even better.

Richard Rodgers:

Reed has a much lower RAS score, although some of that has to do with height/weight, not how he performed. Had a good performance at Senior Bowl which impressed Packers. Also played with bad QB's at Michigan St. He will be a slot/motion guy. Has Jennings type speed.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tucker Kraft ran a 4.69 40 which was middle of the pack among the TE's that ran. But his overall RAS score was excellent. Good or elite in every category.

Richard Rodgers:

Reed has a much lower RAS score, although some of that has to do with height/weight, not how he performed. Had a good performance at Senior Bowl which impressed Packers. Also played with bad QB's at Michigan St. He will be a slot/motion guy. Has Jennings type speed.

Just looking at his 40 time and some scouting reports, I was dubious of this pick. My TV is glad I didn't see this RAS card when he was drafted. How the hell was he taken in the 3rd. And as soon as they got rid of him, they picked Sternberger was just as bad. Perhaps they have finally learned not to pick poor athletes at skill positions.

And somehow neither of those two plodders could block worth a damn either.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Richard Rodgers:

I’ve been Patlerized!!!

I really didn’t like the Reed and Kraft picks, so they’ll probably end up being good.

Rashan made a good point - Kraft May look like he’s lumbering down the field because he’s tall. Guess we’ll see. Just not feeling fired up.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

One of them is bound to hit.
    Agree, hopefully both do. GB has done more double dipping in recent years and I like that idea. More likely to hit on a good one that way.

Red, I did not know you were a Western guy, but given your legendary drinking skills I guess I ought to have known.

Luke Musgrave - I don't know. Harv likes him.The stuff you guys posted about him reminds me of DickRod. Tucker Kraft - the bits of tape I saw, I think I could beat him in a forty yard dash, and I'm 62.

And Reed - I'm from the State of Michigan, and I don't know jack about the guy. Seems kinda small for the Pack, but maybe they're thinking slot. My friend thinks Bisaccia might have influenced that pick - a punt returner.

I'm not super pumped, but at least they didn't draft Branch.Wait til Christian Watson blows by him for a TD catch at Ford Field next year!

I don't know. Today the picks seem kinda "meh," but I don't know shit. I really don't. So we'll see.
    i was there at the same time as our coach (didn't know him), might have played some pickup basketball or football against him, but who knows

probably drank some with him but really wouldn't remember

Reed's RAS is kind of meh, but his speed is decent. This report looks pretty good:
    Jayden Reed is a smaller, compact, lightning-quick route-runner who shifts between gears awesomely to get open. He has innate awareness to morph into a RB after the catch. His releases off the line are nasty. He has lateral juice and explosiveness. He was held back in 2022 by lesser talent around him. For a smaller WR with a smaller catch radius, he tracks the football awesomely and shined in contested-catch scenarios. He has some drops on film but not a major concern. He's a fun, sleeper prospect with a style for today's game. Everything he does is effortless on the field.
    Different from any receiver the Packers have had in a while.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

don't use the 5th rounder to trade up. Draft an OL. It is tradition.

Anybody else notice that NFL.com had 10 yard splits wrong on their site and never updated it? I assumed they were correct and the RAS site had it wrong. I found out a couple of days ago (while still on my trip to India) that the reverse was true. Honestly, the incorrect 10 yard split on Reed probably affected my thoughts on him a bit. NFL.com had him down for a below average 10 yard split (not JSN bad, but below average), but his 10 yard split was instead a solid 1.53.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

dude looks pretty awesome

why did so many people have him so low?

Darnell Washington must have some kind of red flag, whether it's character or medical.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Darnell Washington must have some kind of red flag, whether it's character or medical.
    zero production in college?

he's pretty much a small tackle?

They did pick up two extra picks, so there's that in regards to Reed. I kind of felt Washington may have been a bit overrated. He tested well, but his actual tape looks like he's running in cement. I just don't see a guy who would ever get you 600+ yards receiving.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dude looks pretty awesome

why did so many people have him so low?

Lots to like there.

Almost always gets away from the first tackle, fast feet, nimble, heady.

I think if he's your WR4 and returns punts it's not a great pick, but if he can become a WR2/3 it is.

He'll get every opportunity to contribute early. Seems like a safe pick.

My thoughts so far: after Paris Johnson and Skoronski were gone, I felt it was either going to be Murphy or Van Ness in round 1. No surprise there. I like the Musgrave pick. My least favorite is Reed. Normally, that would mean that Reed will be the best, but I was pretty spot on with Watson and Tom being my favorite picks last year.

I think after the top guys there wasn't much at OT, and Gute read the EDGEs were going to go on a run so he took his guy.

Packers trade #45 to Lions for #48 and #159
    Packers trade #48 to Buccaneers for #50 and #179
    They still have ten picks.

Word is Darnell Washington has a medical flag.

Jalin Hyatt still out there too. I think they go DL in R3 unless they move up for a specific guy. The TE run has largely happened. Schoonmaker off the board.

Kraft, Whyle, and Strange are still there, right? Kuntz would be a flier on athleticism. Higgins as a WR concert is intriguing. Then, Durham or Allen later as an inline complement to Musgrave.

Damn - Eagles just took the Safety I liked - Sydney Brown