Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2&3) Of NFL Draft Thread

so reed also has some return experience

he also played one year at my alma mater western michigan. just like greg jennings, corey davis and sky moore

Reed's RAS is kind of meh, but his speed is decent. This report looks pretty good:
    Jayden Reed is a smaller, compact, lightning-quick route-runner who shifts between gears awesomely to get open. He has innate awareness to morph into a RB after the catch. His releases off the line are nasty. He has lateral juice and explosiveness. He was held back in 2022 by lesser talent around him. For a smaller WR with a smaller catch radius, he tracks the football awesomely and shined in contested-catch scenarios. He has some drops on film but not a major concern. He's a fun, sleeper prospect with a style for today's game. Everything he does is effortless on the field.
    Different from any receiver the Packers have had in a while.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

don't use the 5th rounder to trade up. Draft an OL. It is tradition.

Does anyone know who the MSU QB was? I have a feeling he wasn't very good but have no idea.

Reed is 5'11" 187 ran a 4.45, can return kicks and punts.
    In 2021, Reed was a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player
    6.74 RAS though.
    https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1647349074121887744

He's probably a slot.
    Now watch out for Dontayvion Wicks as a Day 3 for GB.

Not gonna lie, kinda wanted Darnell Washington at 50.

BTW, here's the APC twitter list.
    https://twitter.com/i/lists/64154341

Anybody else notice that NFL.com had 10 yard splits wrong on their site and never updated it? I assumed they were correct and the RAS site had it wrong. I found out a couple of days ago (while still on my trip to India) that the reverse was true. Honestly, the incorrect 10 yard split on Reed probably affected my thoughts on him a bit. NFL.com had him down for a below average 10 yard split (not JSN bad, but below average), but his 10 yard split was instead a solid 1.53.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

dude looks pretty awesome

why did so many people have him so low?

I think if he's your WR4 and returns punts it's not a great pick, but if he can become a WR2/3 it is.

Darnell Washington must have some kind of red flag, whether it's character or medical.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Darnell Washington must have some kind of red flag, whether it's character or medical.
    zero production in college?

he's pretty much a small tackle?

He'll get every opportunity to contribute early. Seems like a safe pick.

My thoughts so far: after Paris Johnson and Skoronski were gone, I felt it was either going to be Murphy or Van Ness in round 1. No surprise there. I like the Musgrave pick. My least favorite is Reed. Normally, that would mean that Reed will be the best, but I was pretty spot on with Watson and Tom being my favorite picks last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

They did pick up two extra picks, so there's that in regards to Reed. I kind of felt Washington may have been a bit overrated. He tested well, but his actual tape looks like he's running in cement. I just don't see a guy who would ever get you 600+ yards receiving.

I think after the top guys there wasn't much at OT, and Gute read the EDGEs were going to go on a run so he took his guy.

Packers trade #45 to Lions for #48 and #159
    Packers trade #48 to Buccaneers for #50 and #179
    They still have ten picks.

Word is Darnell Washington has a medical flag.

Jalin Hyatt still out there too. I think they go DL in R3 unless they move up for a specific guy. The TE run has largely happened. Schoonmaker off the board.

Kraft, Whyle, and Strange are still there, right? Kuntz would be a flier on athleticism. Higgins as a WR concert is intriguing. Then, Durham or Allen later as an inline complement to Musgrave.

Damn - Eagles just took the Safety I liked - Sydney Brown

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dude looks pretty awesome

why did so many people have him so low?

Lots to like there.

Almost always gets away from the first tackle, fast feet, nimble, heady.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Damn - Eagles just took the Safety I liked - Sydney Brown
    Yeah I wanted him to fall to the Packers. He went earlier than I expected. Maybe the Packers can get his brother.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Tucker Kraft
    Last edited by Sparkey; 04-28-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Now we just trolling karon

tucker Kraft is a poor man's Michael Mayer. Not a bad pick. Decent value in R3 for where he was on a lot of boards.
    Can he break the R3 curse?

He can play inline (Y). The TE room just got interesting with Kraft and Musgrave. Big infusion of size and athleticism.