Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2&3) Of NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Damn - Eagles just took the Safety I liked - Sydney Brown
    Yeah I wanted him to fall to the Packers. He went earlier than I expected. Maybe the Packers can get his brother.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Tucker Kraft
    Last edited by Sparkey; 04-28-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Now we just trolling karon

Here's Kraft's RAS card --
    https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1652130810189737984

Alabama was supposedly trying to get him to transfer and offered him a bunch of NIL money and he turned it down to stay at SDSU.
    He draws a bit-too-on-the-nose comparisons to Dallas Goddart (same school) but I think he could be a good pick by Year 3. Depends on what's between the ears.

Between Kraft and Musgrave, the days of lower RAS TEs like Sternberger are gone. These are big guys who can run, and if they go 12 personnel could have some fun. MLF must be very happy.

tucker Kraft is a poor man's Michael Mayer. Not a bad pick. Decent value in R3 for where he was on a lot of boards.
    Can he break the R3 curse?

He can play inline (Y). The TE room just got interesting with Kraft and Musgrave. Big infusion of size and athleticism.

At least this 3rd round TE has a RAS score in the 9's instead of the 5's, so maybe he won't suck like Dick-Rod and Nothingberger.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    At least this 3rd round TE has a RAS score in the 9's instead of the 5's, so maybe he won't suck like Dick-Rod and Nothingberger.
    Yeah, both these guys have a RAS above 9.5, which is bonkers. Musgrave is probably going to be Tonyan (F) and Kraft more the Lewis (Y) role, with some interchangeability. These guys will be faster than most LBs and much bigger than any safety.

Maybe our QB new will throw to them and attack the middle of the field a bit more.

I would expect they will. We'll see about that old adage about a TE being a young QB's best friend as an outlet receiver.

Are they done at TE? Do they look at Josh Whyle on Day 3?
    I hae to think they will start looking at defense (DL and S) next. There are many top-100 players out there

Best Available players
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

I agree they likely go back to defense. I suspect they then pickup OL and QB with some of those late picks.

They goddamn well better draft Jake Moody, after picking up all these fifth and sixth rounders today.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    They goddamn well better draft Jake Moody, after picking up all these fifth and sixth rounders today.
    Niners took him at 99 - at least they didn't trade up

OOPS punter is what you trade up for

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    SF drafted Moody.

Washington and Battle, two guys I liked, also drafted by PIT and CIN respectively.

athlon had craft as the #2 TE

draft ace as the #4 TE

Kraft breaks the curse—provided he stays healthy
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Harvey had musgrave as the #3 in a deep class. That’s a good omen. I guess he ran over 20mph at the senior bowl practice. Being 6’6”, a lot of times guys that tall look like their lumbering, but he looks like he’s moving. Obviously an elite athlete. There’s a good chance we hit on one of them.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

You can see musgrave has room to add weight. And he’s more than athletic enough at 253, so if he settles in around 260 he should still be more than functional as a pass catcher. Sounds like he has potential as a blocker. He has a chance. There is a whole lot of things that have to go right for him to be a legit nfl player, but he’s got the tools, so maybe. The other guy too. One of them is bound to hit.

This draft is probably going to suck, because so far I like it. They doubled up on TE's with athleticism - something they haven't had since Finley. They picked up a receiver with good speed and good moves off the line to get open quick. And they picked up an edge rusher with good speed and power. Plus they picked up an extra 5th and 6th. I would have like them to have gotten one of the Illinois safeties, but they got snatched up before the Packers picked.

I do like the elite athletes we are getting compared to years past. You will find it difficult to draft All Pros if you draft mediocre athletes. My main complaint is that the TEs may need several years to become impact starters. To me, Reed is the best pick at this point because he’s most likely to provide immediate benefit.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I do like the elite athletes we are getting compared to years past. You will find it difficult to draft All Pros if you draft mediocre athletes. My main complaint is that the TEs may need several years to become impact starters. To me, Reed is the best pick at this point because he’s most likely to provide immediate benefit.
    Yeah. It’s really hard to envision either of these tight ends being even slightly below average in their rookie years. That position is so overwhelming to young guys. They’re involved in blocking schemes. They’re involved in passing concepts. Not only do they have to master technique blocking in line, but they have to also become proficient with movement type blocks, which is a whole other set of techniques to feel out. Outside of QB, its the position that has the most on its plate. I give these guys about a zero percent chance at being average in their rookie years. Even down the road, tight ends are the hardest to project. Some make it for unknown reasons and others don’t.

You love the athletic profiles. Reed is the safest bet, and the most likely to contribute early. But I’m glad they took two high potential swipes at TE in a deep class. If one of these guys is a top 5 TE three years from now, that is a true game changer. It’s two big swings for the fences. Let’s see how it pans out.