Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2&3) Of NFL Draft Thread

Here's Kraft's RAS card --
    https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1652130810189737984

Alabama was supposedly trying to get him to transfer and offered him a bunch of NIL money and he turned it down to stay at SDSU.
    He draws a bit-too-on-the-nose comparisons to Dallas Goddart (same school) but I think he could be a good pick by Year 3. Depends on what's between the ears.

Between Kraft and Musgrave, the days of lower RAS TEs like Sternberger are gone. These are big guys who can run, and if they go 12 personnel could have some fun. MLF must be very happy.

At least this 3rd round TE has a RAS score in the 9's instead of the 5's, so maybe he won't suck like Dick-Rod and Nothingberger.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    At least this 3rd round TE has a RAS score in the 9's instead of the 5's, so maybe he won't suck like Dick-Rod and Nothingberger.
    Yeah, both these guys have a RAS above 9.5, which is bonkers. Musgrave is probably going to be Tonyan (F) and Kraft more the Lewis (Y) role, with some interchangeability. These guys will be faster than most LBs and much bigger than any safety.

Maybe our QB new will throw to them and attack the middle of the field a bit more.

I would expect they will. We'll see about that old adage about a TE being a young QB's best friend as an outlet receiver.

Are they done at TE? Do they look at Josh Whyle on Day 3?
    I hae to think they will start looking at defense (DL and S) next. There are many top-100 players out there

Best Available players
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

I agree they likely go back to defense. I suspect they then pickup OL and QB with some of those late picks.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so reed also has some return experience

he also played one year at my alma mater western michigan. just like greg jennings, corey davis and sky moore
    Red, I did not know you were a Western guy, but given your legendary drinking skills I guess I ought to have known.

Luke Musgrave - I don't know. Harv likes him.The stuff you guys posted about him reminds me of DickRod. Tucker Kraft - the bits of tape I saw, I think I could beat him in a forty yard dash, and I'm 62.

And Reed - I'm from the State of Michigan, and I don't know jack about the guy. Seems kinda small for the Pack, but maybe they're thinking slot. My friend thinks Bisaccia might have influenced that pick - a punt returner.

I'm not super pumped, but at least they didn't draft Branch.Wait til Christian Watson blows by him for a TD catch at Ford Field next year!

I don't know. Today the picks seem kinda "meh," but I don't know shit. I really don't. So we'll see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

They goddamn well better draft Jake Moody, after picking up all these fifth and sixth rounders today.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    . Tucker Kraft - the bits of tape I saw, I think I could beat him in a forty yard dash, and I'm 62.
    He's not going to out run any safeties, but he's also not slow.

Kraft breaks the curse—provided he stays healthy
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

They goddamn well better draft Jake Moody, after picking up all these fifth and sixth rounders today.
    Niners took him at 99 - at least they didn't trade up

OOPS punter is what you trade up for

SF drafted Moody.

Washington and Battle, two guys I liked, also drafted by PIT and CIN respectively.

Red, I did not know you were a Western guy, but given your legendary drinking skills I guess I ought to have known.

Luke Musgrave - I don't know. Harv likes him.The stuff you guys posted about him reminds me of DickRod. Tucker Kraft - the bits of tape I saw, I think I could beat him in a forty yard dash, and I'm 62.

And Reed - I'm from the State of Michigan, and I don't know jack about the guy. Seems kinda small for the Pack, but maybe they're thinking slot. My friend thinks Bisaccia might have influenced that pick - a punt returner.

I'm not super pumped, but at least they didn't draft Branch.Wait til Christian Watson blows by him for a TD catch at Ford Field next year!

I don't know. Today the picks seem kinda "meh," but I don't know shit. I really don't. So we'll see.
    Tucker Kraft ran a 4.69 40 which was middle of the pack among the TE's that ran. But his overall RAS score was excellent. Good or elite in every category.

Musgrave was even better.

Richard Rodgers:

Reed has a much lower RAS score, although some of that has to do with height/weight, not how he performed. Had a good performance at Senior Bowl which impressed Packers. Also played with bad QB's at Michigan St. He will be a slot/motion guy. Has Jennings type speed.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

i was there at the same time as our coach (didn't know him), might have played some pickup basketball or football against him, but who knows

probably drank some with him but really wouldn't remember

athlon had craft as the #2 TE

draft ace as the #4 TE

Harvey had musgrave as the #3 in a deep class. That’s a good omen. I guess he ran over 20mph at the senior bowl practice. Being 6’6”, a lot of times guys that tall look like their lumbering, but he looks like he’s moving. Obviously an elite athlete. There’s a good chance we hit on one of them.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tucker Kraft ran a 4.69 40 which was middle of the pack among the TE's that ran. But his overall RAS score was excellent. Good or elite in every category.

Richard Rodgers:

Reed has a much lower RAS score, although some of that has to do with height/weight, not how he performed. Had a good performance at Senior Bowl which impressed Packers. Also played with bad QB's at Michigan St. He will be a slot/motion guy. Has Jennings type speed.

Just looking at his 40 time and some scouting reports, I was dubious of this pick. My TV is glad I didn't see this RAS card when he was drafted. How the hell was he taken in the 3rd. And as soon as they got rid of him, they picked Sternberger was just as bad. Perhaps they have finally learned not to pick poor athletes at skill positions.

And somehow neither of those two plodders could block worth a damn either.

You can see musgrave has room to add weight. And he’s more than athletic enough at 253, so if he settles in around 260 he should still be more than functional as a pass catcher. Sounds like he has potential as a blocker. He has a chance. There is a whole lot of things that have to go right for him to be a legit nfl player, but he’s got the tools, so maybe. The other guy too. One of them is bound to hit.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

This draft is probably going to suck, because so far I like it. They doubled up on TE's with athleticism - something they haven't had since Finley. They picked up a receiver with good speed and good moves off the line to get open quick. And they picked up an edge rusher with good speed and power. Plus they picked up an extra 5th and 6th. I would have like them to have gotten one of the Illinois safeties, but they got snatched up before the Packers picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Richard Rodgers:

I’ve been Patlerized!!!

I really didn’t like the Reed and Kraft picks, so they’ll probably end up being good.

Rashan made a good point - Kraft May look like he’s lumbering down the field because he’s tall. Guess we’ll see. Just not feeling fired up.

KYPack