Thread: 2023 2nd Round Pick #50 WR Jayden Reed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steve Smith Jr, one of the all time greats and literally the ONLY person in the world who had Cooper Kupp as the #1 WR in the draft a few years ago, had good things to say about Jaylen Reed.

Said he can tell he has a high football IQ, the way he attacks coverages. Said he loves the pick.

And when you think about the smaller guys who have succeeded in Green Bay, they’ve been smart guys! I like Smiths endorsement. Gives me more hope!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Steve Smith Jr, one of the all time greats and literally the ONLY person in the world who had Cooper Kupp as the #1 WR in the draft a few years ago, had good things to say about Jaylen Reed.

Said he can tell he has a high football IQ, the way he attacks coverages. Said he loves the pick.

And when you think about the smaller guys who have succeeded in Green Bay, they’ve been smart guys! I like Smiths endorsement. Gives me more hope!
    Reed's size is a concern and combine numbers aren't alien, but he's still a good athlete. Watch his tape and his speed and quickness are legit. The size/catch radius might be an issue, but I think he's very competitive and has some shake at the LOS so I don't think CBs will be able to mug him all game. Plus I expect him to play mostly out of the slot so he'll have a good amount of 2-way goes and free releases. Seems like he's pretty smart about coverages and has some route running savvy. He's not on JSN's level as far as route running but he's not bad and he's a notch faster and better after the catch.

I'd rather have LVN and Reed than JSN and Keion White.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Reed's size is a concern and combine numbers aren't alien, but he's still a good athlete. Watch his tape and his speed and quickness are legit. The size/catch radius might be an issue, but I think he's very competitive and has some shake at the LOS so I don't think CBs will be able to mug him all game. Plus I expect him to play mostly out of the slot so he'll have a good amount of 2-way goes and free releases. Seems like he's pretty smart about coverages and has some route running savvy. He's not on JSN's level as far as route running but he's not bad and he's a notch faster and better after the catch.

I'd rather have LVN and Reed than JSN and Keion White.
    Your description of Reed sounds a lot like a young Randall Cobb.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Your description of Reed sounds a lot like a young Randall Cobb.
    https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p...6&p2=9575&pos=
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...en-reed-1.html
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ll-cobb-1.html

I think Reed is a better athlete, but it might not be a bad comparison. A faster younger version of Cobb wouldn't be a bad addition to the offense. He was a lot of fun to watch early in his career, but he was never going to be a WR1.