Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2023 2nd Round Pick #50 WR Jayden Reed

Driver was pretty amazing as a guy who was fearless and held up remarkably well over middle. Guys who play like he did usually don't stay as healthy as he did.
    One of my favorite recent Packers.

Lofton was so so gifted. Really amazing WR on a lot of bad teams. Was fun when he got with Dickey, Jefferson, and Coffman.
    Sharpe was like a power forward, but he could also run when he was younger. If not for the neck injury he'd be in the HOF. He was that good. I still remember that weird Nike "Choo-choo" commercial with Dennis Hopper lol. When Favre got here, he was to Favre what Davante (or Jordy) was to Rodgers. Helped to turn around GB's fortunes in the late 80's/early 90's.

It's crazy-early to put Reed with any of them, but I wouldn't complain if he turned into another Driver or Cobb.

They had an extension offered to Jennings, which he didn't like. He was waiting for more when he had the groin/ hernia issue and the Packers' extension offer shrunk and then vanished.

The money he actually got from Minny was less than what GB initially offered. He bet on himself and lost. It happens sometimes.

I haven't followed the draft this year much. Reed wasn't on my radar.

It was a bad WR class compared to recent really good ones.

I think Reed wasn't on a lot of peoples radar. But he had a great Senior Bowl week which raised his status with some, including the Packers obviously.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Yeah. I just read about his Senior Bowl.

He's a second round GB WR. I wouldn't bet against him. Looks like a Jennings build at first glance.... (and not a slot: he's inside/ outside)

Agent who represented Reed being investigated for bribery.

ESPN's Brooke Pryor reports NFL agent David Canter is under investigation for contacting teams throughout the draft and offering the use of vacation properties if a team drafted one of his clients.
    The NFLPA is leading the investigation into Canter, who represented 21 players in the 2023 draft class. Packers second-round WR Jayden Reed and Rams seventh-round DT Desjuan Johnson, the draft's Mr. Irrelevant, are both Canter clients. An NFL general manager confirmed to PFT he received an offer from Canter and knows "at least" two rival GMs who received similar offers. The Rams are likely to be at the center of the NFLPA's investigation, with the team drafting a Canter client on the last pick of the draft. GSE Worldwide has denied any wrongdoing and expects the situation to be resolved in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Agent who represented Reed being investigated for bribery.
    Packer beat writers tried to contact Gutekunst to ask about this, but they were told Gutey’s vacationing at some vacay property right now…
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Steve Smith Jr, one of the all time greats and literally the ONLY person in the world who had Cooper Kupp as the #1 WR in the draft a few years ago, had good things to say about Jaylen Reed.

Said he can tell he has a high football IQ, the way he attacks coverages. Said he loves the pick.

And when you think about the smaller guys who have succeeded in Green Bay, they’ve been smart guys! I like Smiths endorsement. Gives me more hope!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Almost a masterstroke of a post, but he's a Senior, not a Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Jordy, Driver, Jennings and Freeman can all be bunched into the same group.
    Freeman is a step down for me. Without Favre’s ungodly cannon, that guy would rarely have gotten the ball. He completely disappeared when he left Green Bay.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Freeman was mostly washed up by the time he left and signed with Philly. Was a pretty good receiver at his peak, but agree not as good as Jordy, Driver, or Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Steve Smith Jr, one of the all time greats and literally the ONLY person in the world who had Cooper Kupp as the #1 WR in the draft a few years ago, had good things to say about Jaylen Reed.

Said he can tell he has a high football IQ, the way he attacks coverages. Said he loves the pick.

And when you think about the smaller guys who have succeeded in Green Bay, they’ve been smart guys! I like Smiths endorsement. Gives me more hope!
    Reed's size is a concern and combine numbers aren't alien, but he's still a good athlete. Watch his tape and his speed and quickness are legit. The size/catch radius might be an issue, but I think he's very competitive and has some shake at the LOS so I don't think CBs will be able to mug him all game. Plus I expect him to play mostly out of the slot so he'll have a good amount of 2-way goes and free releases. Seems like he's pretty smart about coverages and has some route running savvy. He's not on JSN's level as far as route running but he's not bad and he's a notch faster and better after the catch.

I'd rather have LVN and Reed than JSN and Keion White.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Reed's size is a concern and combine numbers aren't alien, but he's still a good athlete. Watch his tape and his speed and quickness are legit. The size/catch radius might be an issue, but I think he's very competitive and has some shake at the LOS so I don't think CBs will be able to mug him all game. Plus I expect him to play mostly out of the slot so he'll have a good amount of 2-way goes and free releases. Seems like he's pretty smart about coverages and has some route running savvy. He's not on JSN's level as far as route running but he's not bad and he's a notch faster and better after the catch.

I'd rather have LVN and Reed than JSN and Keion White.
    Your description of Reed sounds a lot like a young Randall Cobb.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Your description of Reed sounds a lot like a young Randall Cobb.
    https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p...6&p2=9575&pos=
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...en-reed-1.html
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ll-cobb-1.html

I think Reed is a better athlete, but it might not be a bad comparison. A faster younger version of Cobb wouldn't be a bad addition to the offense. He was a lot of fun to watch early in his career, but he was never going to be a WR1.

Reed is a little more aggressive and dominate going after contested catches. Could be better than Cobb, never know.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Packer beat writers tried to contact Gutekunst to ask about this, but they were told Gutey’s vacationing at some vacay property right now…
    He's at Rodgers house and doesn't get cell reception.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.