Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Overall, this was a draft for a team with a poor pass rush, nothing for TE, and short on WR. Aka, last year's Packers. Unfortunately, this means that they were drafting for the holes they have, instead of the holes that will be coming up in a year or two.
Possibly. They had no cap space and in many cases no bodies at some of the positions. I suppose you could say they drafted for need, but I would counter that they tried to read the board for when runs would happen and generally did well.
They could have taken JSN but went for what they thought was a better player with LVN, got two of the top TEs before they were gone, etc.

I don't think it was a bad draft, but we won't really know for a couple of years. This team had talent, but it had a lot of holes and vacancies. It was bound to happen that they'd address needs... imagine if they drafted Will Levis and waiting until Day 3 to take a pass catcher

I guess I'm somewhat agreeing with you, but I don't think they really had any other option, and I don't think they necessarily reached except on 1 or 2 picks.