Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official day 3 of the 2023 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Lew Nichols III, RB Central Michigan

Kind of a bowling ball runner IIRC
    Not a special athlete, but could be a good ST player.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Have to think they take a look at S soon.
    Safeties? We don't need no stinkin' safeties!

Apparently we don't. Crickets on that front. Maybe Joe Barely is inventing a new defense that requires no safeties at all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

No RAS for Nichols, but Valentine's exists. Pretty good athlete. Will play ST at worst.

https://ras.football/ras-information...1&ovl=Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Apparently we don't. Crickets on that front. Maybe Joe Barely is inventing a new defense that requires no safeties at all.
    You never know, although I wouldn't think Barry the creative type to come up with that.
    I thought it was very interesting that after the Van Ness pick, Gute mentioned more than once that there were high expectations for the defense. Gute may not have say in the coaching staff, but it's clear Barry is on a very hot seat. All those high draft picks and you can't look competent for half the season at best.

There's the safety.

Anthony Johnson Jr., ISU
    converted fron CB to S his senior year. Pretty good athlete but don't know anything else about him.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Not a special athlete, but could be a good ST player.
    I see some people calling him "Fit Eddie Lacy".
    he's 5"10, 220 so they might not be far off. Some of his highlights are fun.
    I think he's got at least decent feet and vision, he doesn't look fast though. Looks like a 4.6+ 40 guy but I bet his broad and vert jumps are very good.

615 carries and another 71 receptions, some wear off the tires but not like AJ Dillon (who was something like 850 touches out of BC).
    He'll be good competition for Patrick Taylor and any others they bring in.

There's the safety.

Anthony Johnson Jr., ISU
    converted fron CB to S his senior year. Pretty good athlete but don't know anything else about him.
    That's mostly it at this point. A project with enough tools he might pan out. Otherwise he covers punts for a reason or two.

There's the safety.

Anthony Johnson Jr., ISU
    What a goofy collection of dudes they've drafted today. Guys with hybrid builds and abilities, and a QB who was terrible as a college QB.

Special teams gonna carry the day this year, baby! That's really what you're mostly getting in rounds six and seven. But this Anders Carlson dude seems like a bit of a desperation pick. He's about as accurate as a drunk standing six feet away from a urinal.

But the Clifford pick also smells of desperation. That one made my wienie shrink.

But hey, it's the dregs at this point. It is what it is. Like I said, mostly special teamers now.

Bisaccia has lots of toys now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

That's mostly it at this point. A project with enough tools he might pan out. Otherwise he covers punts for a reason or two.
    To get a paycheck?

KYPack

I'm sure this endeared himself to GB
    https://twitter.com/cfchangs9/status...11956563808256

I'm gonna guess their last pick will be Nick Hampton, the App State kid. Just a hunch.

What a goofy collection of dudes they've drafted today. Guys with hybrid builds and abilities, and a QB who was terrible as a college QB.

Special teams gonna carry the day this year, baby! That's really what you're mostly getting in rounds six and seven. But this Anders Carlson dude seems like a bit of a desperation pick. He's about as accurate as a drunk standing six feet away from a urinal.

But the Clifford pick also smells of desperation. That one made my wienie shrink.

But hey, it's the dregs at this point. It is what it is. Like I said, mostly special teamers now.

Bisaccia has lots of toys now.
    I'm actually surprised they kept all the picks. They had thirteen picks. For some teams that's two drafts' worth of picks.
    They mentioned "raising the floor" for the level of talent and competition on the roster, I suppose this is one way to do it.

Of the 12 picks so far, 8 have a RAS of 8 or better, (2 don't have a RAS). Speed and upside are common traits with these picks.

Grant DuBose!
    Wasn't he one of Harvey's draft crushes?

Pretty decent pick for an end of R7 flyer

I heard some scuttlebutt about them being interested in a trade with ARI involving Budda Baker but I'm not sure how that fits with the cap unless they send Savage back lol.

Throw this many darts and something will probably stick. Trick is to not give up on the right player. Sometimes that happens.

Blog Entries
    Grant DuBose!
    Wasn't he one of Harvey's draft crushes?

Pretty decent pick for an end of R7 flyer

YUP, and Anthony Johnson was a great pickup R7 as well IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Throw this many darts and something will probably stick. Trick is to not give up on the right player. Sometimes that happens.
    Two straight years of drafting three WR, some of them will stick.

Also: GB took five pass catchers in this draft. If you don't think they got JLove any help I don't know what to tell you.

Overall, this was a draft for a team with a poor pass rush, nothing for TE, and short on WR. Aka, last year's Packers. Unfortunately, this means that they were drafting for the holes they have, instead of the holes that will be coming up in a year or two.

And they are already on to signing UDFA's.
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...-agent-tracker