Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UNDRAFTED FREE AGENCY THREAD

Brenton Cox made some kind of splash play whenever I watched UF game clips. Physical player. Probably crazy.

He was dismissed from the University of Georgia on August 6, 2019, following an arrest and numerous issues with the coaching staff and with personal conduct. He was dismissed from the University of Florida football team on October 31, 2022, after a series of personal conduct issues.
    Getting kicked off of TWO SEC teams is quite an accomplishment. He's the hot chick with the crazy vibe, too many drugs, and a concealed weapon.

And yet I like that they brought him in to see if he can straighten out and play.
    If the kid has any brains he'll behave as long as he can exercise self-control. I wish him luck.

I guess he was arrested along with Robert Beal Jr. for having marijuana in their dorm room at UGA.
    Maybe he likes the 420 too much.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Brenton Cox made some kind of splash play whenever I watched UF game clips. Physical player. Probably crazy.

Getting kicked off of TWO SEC teams is quite an accomplishment. He's the hot chick with the crazy vibe, too many drugs, and a concealed weapon.

And yet I like that they brought him in to see if he can straighten out and play.
    If the kid has any brains he'll behave as long as he can exercise self-control. I wish him luck.
    Some people think the Packers get punched in the mouth by teams like the 49ers because they have too much of a choir boy mentality. It will be interesting to see what he can do.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Some people think the Packers get punched in the mouth by teams like the 49ers because they have too much of a choir boy mentality. It will be interesting to see what he can do.
    I hope he rapes Justin Fields.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I heard that the Packers haven't blown up the UFAs because they don't have the cap space to offer these guys decent bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I heard that the Packers haven't blown up the UFAs because they don't have the cap space to offer these guys decent bonuses.
    There was an article that the Packers have had a change of philosophy based on three things:

1) UDFAs are getting bigger bonuses. Many of them will earn a larger signing bonus than a 7th round pick. The Packers salary cap issue play into this.
    2) Draft depth as a result of COVID years.
    3) Gutekunst doesn't use top 30 visits to recruit UDFAs--like Thompson. He uses it to get closer looks at draftable players.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I hope he rapes Justin Fields.
    Boy, that escalated quickly.

I don't think Brenton Cox will amount to a lot, he seems like another Colt Lyerla. Got enough talent to make the PS and push Hollins for a spot or be a terror on ST.
    Most of these UDFA guys don't make it for a reason.

Aaron Wilson
    @AaronWilson_NFL

Northwestern State defensive bacn William “Hoop” Hooper signs with #Packers after successful rookie minicamp tryout, according to one of his agencies @OSMG_LLC.
    Hoooooooooooooopp!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I’ve been saying for years that the Packer defense needs some real Cox on the field.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack