Thread: 2023 5th Round Pick #149 QB Sean Clifford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Spent 42 years in college. Didn’t really ever put it together in terms of reading defenses. I give him near zero chance of being a starting QB at the next level. May make a decent backup.
    That's precisely what they drafted him for.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Didn't like this pick, especially in the 5th round.

It's a new day and I still dislike this pick.

Listening to Guteys interview last night - two things popped out.

1. This kid must have nailed his interview when they brought him in for a visit. Gutey was all but sucking his d!ck when talking about him.

2. I think Gutey panicked when some QBs started coming off the board in the late 4th/early 5th. Just something Gutey said last night, I can't remember what exactly, but it was about a QB being taken before the Pack in the 5th round and he thought there'd be a run on QBs and wanted to get Clifford, because of how they had him rated and there was drop off after him.
    - Bah, I could be totally be making this up, but that's what I remember and thought last night.

I'd still prefer a veteran back up going into the season - keep this kid for PS fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That's precisely what they drafted him for.
    Mr Irrelevant last year proves it is stupid to draft a QB who has no chance at actually starting. If Clifford was capable of being an NFL starter, you would’ve seen more progression to his game in his 42 years in college.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!