Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
Out of the guys in this draft, Clifford reminds me the most of Brock Purdy. I was not high on Purdy last year. They both started for 4 years. They were both multi-year captains. They both had good first years and kind of stagnated after that—frustrating their fans. They both started a lot of games, dealt with a lot of adversity. They are similar in size. Neither has good arm strength, but they are both pretty accurate with good pocket presence and mobility. Both were projected to go undrafted. They were drafted by teams with similar offensive schemes to back up a first year starting, former first round QB.
Well, if The Flower is trying to turn Green Bay into San Fran East, I'm fine with that - as long as he follows through on the defensive side of the ball. San Fran's success if predicated in large part on that defense.

I dunno. I put up a picture of a turd in this thread, partly in jest, but I suppose if you're really just looking for a backup QB - a questionable decision to make for a draft pick when you can get a cheap journeyman for the same job and still use that fifth rounder for someone with more upside - then I guess it's understandable, at least.