Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packers at Panthers Discussion Thread

Packers at Panthers Discussion Thread

Packers lead all-time series 11-6. 10-6 -n regular season, 1-0 in playoffs.

Last meeting: December 19, 2020. Packers defeated the Panthers 24-16 at Lambeau. Aaron Jones rushed for 145 yards and 1 TD. D.J. Moore caught 6 passes for 131 yards for the Panthers.

Offensively Panthers rank 29th in points scored and 30th in yards gained. In 13 games Bryce Young has completed 59.4 % of his passes for 2359 yards with 9 TD's and 9 INT's. Young has been sacked 51 times. Adam Thielen leads the Panthers in receiving with 89 catches for 870 yards and 4 TD's. Chuba Hubbard leads the Panthers with 731 yards and 4 TD's, averaging 3.9 YPC.

Defensively, Panthers rank 29th in points allowed, but are 3rd in yards allowed. Opponents have thrown for 2432 yards with 17 TD's and 8 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 1651 yards and 21 TD's, averaging 4.0 YPC. Panthers have sacked opposing QB's just 20 times.

Packers are favored by 4.5.
    Moneyline: Panthers +180, Packers -215
    Over/under 36.5

Underdog in last 5 Packer games has won straight up
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    One of the worst offenses I have ever seen. It’s the game where Barry ball looks great and all the anti ETTers start
    Getting terrified again that Barryball is here to stay
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Panthers are a bad team. Packers should win.

I don't trust Barry's defense, even against the Panthers, but I do trust the offense more, especially if they can get a little healthier. Wicks, Reed and Kraft with AJones should be good enough to eke out a win that will be tighter than it needs to be.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    On a positive note, if we lose the Panthers might not have to hand the 1st pick of the draft to the Bears and we would be back picking in the top 10.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    On a positive note, if we lose the Panthers might not have to hand the 1st pick of the draft to the Bears and we would be back picking in the top 10.
    I like what JoeM asked in another thread: “I wonder what Joe Barry will do to help get Bryce Young’s career jump started?”

Though I think Bretsky might be right. Joe Barely will “hold” the Panthers to 20, and the Pack will eke out a win, calming the fans a bit. Though I’m not sure it’ll save his job. But who knows?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

E. T. T ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

On the other hand, with only three games left, losing to football's worst team would put a sour taste in everyone's mouths concerning the team's progress. Unless, I suppose, Jordan Love has a career day, Rasheed Walker and Sean Rhyan play lights out, the young receivers look really good, but the defense gives up thirty-some points and the Packers lose by one point on (another) last-second score against the Packers' defense.

I suppose that narrative could fit into the "team on the upswing" idea, as long as it's the final nail in the Joe Barely career coffin.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Come on guys, we all know how this plays out. Its a garbage team, we are doomed.
    I wish we could play a top 5 team every game.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

It will be interesting to see how they respond with all the turbulence swirling around the defense.

Mike Spofford
    @mikespofford

RB Emanuel Wilson has returned to practice for #Packers, so his window to potentially return from IR has opened. RB AJ Dillon also practicing.
    Not practicing Wednesday: WR Christian Watson, WR Jayden Reed, S Darnell Savage, LB De’Vondre Campbell, G Elton Jenkins.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said ILB De'Vondre Campbell pours his heart into the game and said his comments came with frustration over being hurt this year. He said they decided to give him time off in practice and evaluate at the end ofweek. Said it's best to get his body back.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

LaFleur said he's not overly worried about Campbell's message affecting younger players. He said he thought the players were competitive and on point in practice today.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    ·
    32m
    LaFleur said he had an open player forum on Monday to talk about what happened on defense on Sunday. He said it was important to get the group together and be open and honest about ways to move forward.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

De’Vondre Campbell spoke for 90 seconds before #Packers closed their locker room to media for player meetings. He would not address this tweet: “I’m not answering no questions about nothing that happened on the Internet. If you want to talk about the Carolina Panthers, we can.”

Fox Early - Most of Wisconsin will get Green Bay at Carolina. Chris Myers and Robert Smith with the call. Much of the country, including northwest Wisconsin and Alaska will get Detroit at Minnesota. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call.

Panthers have almost as many guys on the injury report as Packers!

I hope the offense continues to move forward and improve.
    I think it would be fun for the defense to collapse again. I need to hear MLF say at least one more time, we are not changing coordinators and I have to look at the tape.

If we can’t get Jaire or Watson back on the field (among others), shut them down for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said ILB De'Vondre Campbell pours his heart into the game and said his comments came with frustration over being hurt this year. He said they decided to give him time off in practice and evaluate at the end ofweek. Said it's best to get his body back.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

LaFleur said he's not overly worried about Campbell's message affecting younger players. He said he thought the players were competitive and on point in practice today.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    ·
    32m
    LaFleur said he had an open player forum on Monday to talk about what happened on defense on Sunday. He said it was important to get the group together and be open and honest about ways to move forward.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

De’Vondre Campbell spoke for 90 seconds before #Packers closed their locker room to media for player meetings. He would not address this tweet: “I’m not answering no questions about nothing that happened on the Internet. If you want to talk about the Carolina Panthers, we can.”
    Preston Smith: Flower, you're cool, but your man Joe just sucks ass. Puts us in bad spots all the time.

Quay Walker: Yeah, why is Joe playing to my weaknesses?

Rudy Ford: Speak up, man. None of us safeties can hear a thing you're saying out here. Joe told us to stand thirty yards outside the meeting room.

Joe: Hey, fellas, you know, I did find a way to keep Tampa from running the ball. Come on.

LeFleur: Campbell, anything you want to say?

Campbell: Nope. I said all I need to say.

KYPack

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

WRs Jayden Reed and Christian Watson did not practice again today.

Same with Darnell Savage and De’Vondre Campbell.

Elgton Jenkins back after a day off yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Preston Smith: Flower, you're cool, but your man Joe just sucks ass. Puts us in bad spots all the time.

Rudy Ford: Speak up, man. None of us safeties can hear a thing you're saying out here. Joe told us to stand thirty yards outside the meeting room.

Joe: Hey, fellas, you know, I did find a way to keep Tampa from running the ball. Come on.

Great post Fritz. Actually got a chuckle and a half out of that one.

ETT and find a way to look competent on offense while losing this one.

I'm confused. This is a real transcript right??
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.