Thread: 2023 6th Round Pick #179 DL Karl Brooks

2023 6th Round Pick #179 DL Karl Brooks

DE
    Karl Brooks

6'3"
    303 lbs
    Bowling Green

Pre-Draft Analysis
    Brooks lined up as a walk-up outside linebacker, defensive end and defensive tackle in Bowling Green's scheme. He flashes strong and active hands, and he has the explosive power to knock blockers back as a run defender and overwhelm blockers as a pass-rusher. Brooks reads the quarterback and gets his hands up in passing lanes. -- Steve Muench

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Mike Daniels
    @Mike_Daniels76

#Packers fans. I don't care what "small school" a guy went to but getting drafted in the 6th round with 46TFL and 27.5 Sacks is insane to me.

Karl Brooks looks like another Day 3 steal for the green and gold!! #GoPackGo
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

What a great name. Karl Brooks. Sounds like he should be a librarian or something.

Sounds like a bit of a tweener, but who cares if he can get to the QB? We'll see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

This guy was an odd eval. I think he got a majority of his snaps as an EDGE rusher, but he's 6'3" 303. He ended up testing relatively poorly--which dropped his stock. I had a 6th round grade. I liked the kid out of Boise State (Matlock) a bit more amongst the guys who didn't get a combine invite. He was supposedly good at the Senior Bowl. The Packers love guys who perform well at the Senior Bowl. One of the rare guys who does well at the Senior Bowl, but doesn't receive a combine invite.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Didn't see a lot of him, seemed like he made a lot of plays on effort. So he's basically shorter Lowry. He was weird in that he stood up, he can play from 3 point stance though.
    R6 guy, don't really worry about it too much. After about pick 150 you're basically buying lotto tickets. He could be better right now than DLs Ford or Slayton.

If someone has looked at him more and has more to say, would love to hear it.