Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

Rookie minicamp - May 5-6

OTA's - May 22, 23, 25/May 30-31/ June 5, 6, 8.

Mandatory minicamp - June 13-15

Will be interested to see what OTA's attendance is like. My recollection is more guys than usual followed Rodgers' lead last year and took it off.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rookie minicamp - May 5-6

OTA's - May 22, 23, 25/May 30-31/ June 5, 6, 8.

Mandatory minicamp - June 13-15

Will be interested to see what OTA's attendance is like. My recollection is more guys than usual followed Rodgers' lead last year and took it off.

Rodgers was such a shitbag as a leader last year. And this year he's being for the Jets what GB hoped for after the stupid contract extension.

His comments on how he realizes with the new/young players he need to be here was an intentional backhanded slam toward GB last year when he needed to be here for the young players

It's kind of like Rodgers broke up with a average Girlfriend that he made little effort with and now he's flaunting the new hot chick through the social media with a bit of the intention to stick is to her oldie.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Rodgers was such a shitbag as a leader last year. And this year he's being for the Jets what GB hoped for after the stupid contract extension.

His comments on how he realizes with the new/young players he need to be here was an intentional backhanded slam toward GB last year when he needed to be here for the young players

It's kind of like Rodgers broke up with a average Girlfriend that he made little effort with and now he's flaunting the new hot chick through the social media with a bit of the intention to stick is to her oldie.
    Except his former girlfriend is actually way better than his new girlfriend. He's just deluding himself into thinking otherwise.

Meh
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 05-04-2023 at 01:30 PM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Except his former girlfriend is actually way better than his new girlfriend. He's just deluding himself into thinking otherwise.
    Strange is always better than familiar
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Yes, Rodgers needed to be here last year through camp, but I'm glad Love got extra reps with the 1s. Rodgers is truly channeling favre who came in with arm fatigue every year because he was lazy all offseason, but then reported to jets camp in prime shape after "retiring" all off season. Rodgers is renewed. He needed it. We weren't winning with him at the state he was in, so this is best all around.

As for camp, I hope those TEs are fast learners because I'm excited about the design of our offense for the first time since fat mikes initial few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    100%. He is on his game too. Weirdo Rodgers was gone and replaced with clean cut Rodgers. Has he ever looked so put together here as he did in the polo with parter hair in the presser? He is doing a fantastic PR job and definitely rubbing it in the Packers face.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    100%. He is on his game too. Weirdo Rodgers was gone and replaced with clean cut Rodgers. Has he ever looked so put together here as he did in the polo with parter hair in the presser? He is doing a fantastic PR job and definitely rubbing it in the Packers face.
    Favre rubbed it in our face too. Then he lost in the NFCC (again) and we won an Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    That’s what I see too. He was too comfortable here with his weirdo act. Now he’s doing everything he can to get in the good graces of the New Yorkers. Like you said, he’s on some sort of celebrity PR tour. The energy he’s putting in to look good over there tells me he’s grinding to be in shape too. He’s gonna have a good year. Wouldn’t shock me if they won the Owl.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Packers offered tryouts to 14 players. They have 2 open roster spots.

Ellis Merriweather, RB, Massachusetts
    Jamyest Williams, RB, Georgia State
    Isaac Moore, T, Temple
    Jack Plumb, T, Iowa
    Matt Carrick, G, Michigan State
    LaQuinston Sharp, C, Mississippi State
    Amir Siddiq, OLB, Charlotte
    Justin Ademilola, OLB, Notre Dame
    Antonio Moultrie, OLB, Miami
    Jacquez Jones, ILB, Kentucky
    William Hooper, CB, Northwestern State
    Javon Scruggs, SAF, Liberty
    Mason Hunt, P, Southern Mississippi
    Broughton Hatcher, LS, Old Dominion

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    That’s what I see too. He was too comfortable here with his weirdo act. Now he’s doing everything he can to get in the good graces of the New Yorkers. Like you said, he’s on some sort of celebrity PR tour. The energy he’s putting in to look good over there tells me he’s grinding to be in shape too. He’s gonna have a good year. Wouldn’t shock me if they won the Owl.
    Jets winning it all isn't a surprise? I want what you're smoking please. They were last in their division at 7-10 last year. It wasn't just bad QB play. I can see them making the playoffs and then anything can happen, but would be surprised if they won it all.

I think it's more likely the Packers have a better record than Jets than the Jets win it all

I would be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs, especially if Rodgers is healthy.

Even if Rodgers has a nice year, the odds of them winning it all are damn slim. They are with any given team any given year. It's the nature of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I would be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs, especially if Rodgers is healthy.

Even if Rodgers has a nice year, the odds of them winning it all are damn slim. They are with any given team any given year. It's the nature of the game.
    Not only that, but the AFC is stacked compared to the NFC, and Rodgers couldn't get the team out of the NFC.
    Rodgers has Garrett Wilson, Allan Lazard, Corey Davis, Mecole Hardman, Randall Cobb and Breece Hall (coming off an ACL)
    Rodgers had Watson, Lazard, Doubs, Cobb and Jones/Dillon and a better OL and couldn't get into the playoffs.

How much better is his offense supporting cast? How far can a going-on 40y/o QB take a team in the same division as Josh Allen, Belichick, and the Dolphins?
    I think they will be better than 7-10, but the odds still are probably pretty long that Rodgers goes full supernova MVP and they win the Superb Owl.

You're ignoring the fact that injured Rodgers of 2022 wasn't near the same as healthy MVP Rodgers of the previous two years and pretty much all of his healthy career. You're also failing to consider that Watson and Doubs as well as Lazard, were hurt for big chunks of last season. If Rodgers is healthy, it's safe to assume the Jets will be near the top.

Wouldn't it be something if Love performs likesome think he can, and the Packers went all the way and met Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl. Those conspiracy types who think it's all fixed would be salivating over that hahahaha. Personally, I don't think Love is that good, but I hope he is, and if so, the Packers have all the tools to win it all, maybe even in spite of Joe Barry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Back to the original thread:
    There have been fewer actual reports from rookie camp than prior camps. According to one podcast, the access has been restricted so that media was only there for some generic sessions, no 1 on 1, 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 reports are available. Vague impressions suggest that the early draft picks at least look the part, and Cox looks like someone who should have been a draft pick if he could have stayed out of trouble. Hopefully there will be some more useful reports from the OTA's.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I think for a while now access to rookie minicamp has been limited. They want it to be a low-pressure environment. OTA's should be better. And last year at least 1 minicamp practice was open to the public.

Yeah, it's rookies. Once all the vets come in and things get more open there will be more info. Honestly, until the pads go on in training camp it's all just running around in helmets and shorts.
    Josh Jones and Oren Burks looked like superstars in shorts.

That said, there's always excitement and impatience from fans (myself included) to hear about how the rookies look.

Yes. Sometimes OTA reports accurately give insights, like how Shields was making plays every day, but just as often they there are players who only look good without pads.

Still, we are coming to that happy time of year, where all the rookies are looking strong, fast, and are really learning the plays. Where all the vets are in the best shape of their careers, and all the injured are recovering ahead of schedule. Enjoy it, it ends when the season begins.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

You mean it ends when training camp begins. That's when the off-season injury guys, who were rehabbing so far ahead of schedule, are suddenly put on the PUP list with no explanation, and the rookies who looked so good have pulled groins or hamstrings and can't open training camp, and the last-ditch veteran free agents you were hoping the Packers would sign end up signing elsewhere for minimum wage deals, and The Flower really digs into the meaningless coach cliches every day. The highlight is watching the players ride the kids' bikes, and the expressions on the kids' (and players') faces.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

"Hey Luke! All we gotta do is beat out DeGuara and Tyler Davis!