Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
We have 8 first round picks on defense. But 50% of first round picks bust. So we have 4 good players. 8 first round picks isn’t what ya’ll are making it out to be.
You're thinking about this backwards -- just because there are 8 R1 picks on defense doesn't mean 4 of them are by definition busts. Some GMs draft better than others, some HC and DL coaches are better.
It's too early to say on Walker and Wyatt, and do we ever know about Stokes yet?

Jaire and Clark both signed top 5 contracts for their positions at the time, that's not a bust. Gary will likely sign for top 5 money too.
I absolutely think the seat is hot for Joe Barry and the rest of the defensive staff (esp. Jerry Montgomery) based on Gute's comments about having high expectations for the defense. I know they talk like that every year, but there was something in how he repeatedly said it that makes me think Barry's head will be on the chopping block, and MLF will lose some cachet for sticking with him as long as he has.

I'm not sure what this all have to do with Grant Dubose (the topic), but whatever.